Every iPhone user out there knows the significance of an iCloud account. It is the ID that one requires to unlock his gadget and register himself as an authentic Apple user. However, many times, a person’s Apple ID may fall victim to mal handling and even potential hacks from third parties. Since, your Cloud stores every delicate bit of your personal information, data and records, the non-trivial question, “How to delete iCloud account?” must be looming over your mind.
Part 1 Delete iCloud Account on iPhone/iPad
If you are skeptical about the privacy of your iCloud account, then get along the following steps.
- Tap the Settings app once and go to iCloud.
- Scroll down through all the settings until you reach “Delete Account” or “Sign Out” and click it.
- Confirm your selection by tapping on “Delete Account” to remove it from your device completely.
Note: Newer upgrades of iOS display Log Out instead of Delete Account. Functions are identical on both of them. However, one needs to keep in mind that such removal of iCloud account will not erase any data from the cloud service. Just the account is removed from your iDevice.
However, a more accurate query might say, “How to delete iCloud account without password?” The answer to this query shall be detailed as well.
Part 2 iCloud Account Removal Without Password on iPhone
In case you do not recall the password of your iCloud account, you can still continue to with deleting it – generally in the following three ways.
Step 1. Manual Deletion of iCloud Account
- Visit the settings app of your phone and click on iCloud. On asking for a password, enter any random number and press “Done.”
- iCloud will inform that your user id and passcode is wrong. Tap “OK” and then “Cancel” to return to the home page. Following that, tap on iCloud again, but remove any mentioned description and tap on “Done.”
- This process will take you to the home page but without a password. Ensure that the “Find my Phone” feature is turned off.
- Scroll down the page and tap on “Delete.” Remove iCloud by tapping the pop up one last time.
Step 2. Permanently Erase iPhone Data using iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac
It is a tool to delete your iOS data permanently without any chance of further recovery. It can be done as follows.
- Run the software and connect your iOS device to the system.
- Erase all data, erase private or erase deleted – Choose the one that suits you best.
- Remove iCloud and its data securely to receive a completely safe phone.
Part 3 Some Points to Ponder on How to Remove iCloud Accout
- If you have to delete your account using password from your phone, then all the data stored in your iDevice will be erased. These include pictures, documents and files.
- On the other hand if you have used iMyFone Umate to perform this deletion, then erasing will take place as per your needs. You can opt for selective deletion, partial deletion or complete deletion before you remove iCloud account.
- A selective deletion allows selecting files individually, while a partial deletion enables deletion by folders. Opting for complete deletion however will remove every data on your cloud storage as well as your device permanently. This wide versatility of iMyFone Umate makes it a popular choice among iPhone or iPad users.
Part 4 Additional Intricacies on Erase iCloud Accout
- Before performing the above steps, one needs to keep a couple of opinions in mind. The first one involves switching to a different iCloud Account on iOS.
- The process is simple and requires deletion of your iCloud account from your phone. Once done, you can sign up for a new iCloud account from the same iPad or iPhone.
- The other thing is to remove your device from “Find my iPhone” option. To do this, you need to go to the delete option of his device and enter a random id and password. On prompting an incorrect login data, you will be taken to the home page. Remove the description and log in again. The system will remove your device from “Find my iPhone” option.
The use of reliable software such as iMyFone Umate Pro eases this process making it convenient for any user. So, no need to worry about any leaked information. Following the above steps will surely protect your data and documents from any third party hindrance.