Selling old iPhone is something we may have often done for a number of reasons, such as selling your old iPhone for a newer one. But to prepare iPhone for sale, there are many things you must do firstly:
1 Erase iPhone Data
The one thing you should do before selling your phone is to erase all the files in it. Other things may involve troubleshooting your device since you may have deleted some important files and the only way to fix your mess is to reset the device completely.
2 Back up iPhone
You should back up your iPhone so that you can transfer it later to your new device. Also, make sure that your turn off apps such as iMessages, FaceTime etc. and log out completely. This is because you never know the buyer may access these items and harm you in certain way.
3 Disable iCloud
Make sure when you are deleting your files that you are logged out of iCloud. Otherwise you may delete the files from there as well and may then be unable recover those files when you get your new phone. In order to sign out from iCloud, go to “Settings” and tap “iCloud”. Tap “Sign Out” twice and then select “Delete from My iPhone”. Finally enter your password.
4 Disable App Passwords, Codes
You may then delete certain apps so as to be safe from having your personal log in information being hacked by someone else. You should also make sure that all your passwords, codes etc. are completely disabled.
These precautions can well prepare your iPhone for sale, thay make selling iPhone much more secure and safe as it is not uncommon to have people breaching the seller’s privacy through various techniques. It is therefore highly recommended to take all the necessary precautions before you sell your iPhone. Below are some of the ways in which you can easily reset your iPhone.
2 Ways to Erase Data and Prepare iPhone for Sale
Method 1 Factory reset iPhone from settings
The first thing that comes to mind when talking about resetting almost any device these days is factory reset. Factory reset may be adopted by many users, be it iPhone users, Windows user or Android users. Let us see how the factory reset works.
Factory resetting your iPhone can be done by simply going to the Settings App. After that click “General” and then tap “Reset”. Tap “Erase All Content and Settings” and then enter the Apple ID passcode to proceed with the deletion.
The process is quite easy; however, it is all a bit dangerous:
- The option “Erase All Content and Settings” means that you will be deleting all the content without knowing what you have deleted. This implies you can lose important files as such. The method does not allow you to individually select files that you want to delete specifically as well.
- Moreover, various errors can occur when you delete files as such. Some even cannot re-activate successfully their iPhone after resetting.
- What’s more, as the deleted files have not been completely overwritten, so these files deleted by factory reset can still be recovered by recovery software.
Therefore, to prepare iPhone for slae, a much safer and more efficient way to erase files as part of the resetting process is to use iMyfone Umate Pro. Its “Erase” features lets you erase files in one go and is a faster way to clean up your phone.
Method 2 Permanently Erase iPhone Data, No Chance to Recovery
- One-click Clean-up: Are you worried about your storage space because it is full? Are you fed up of getting the message that there is not enough space each time you upload a new photo? Well, if so, then this option is your friend as it will allow you remove redundant to free up a large amount of space.
- Erase All Data: This option is as simple as it sounds. It lets you completely wipe your iDevice and thus make it seem as if it was brand new. The erase data is 100 unrecoverable, even the recovery software cannot restore it.
- Erase Private Files: As the name suggests, this option lets you preview and individually select files that you think are private to erase. This is by far the most useful feature as you will not run the risk of deleting files that you do not want to in the first place.
- Erase Deleted Files: Files that you normally delete can be accessed through powerful data recovery software. This feature, however, will completely overwrite deleted files thus making recovery impossible. It keeps your privacy much more secure and safe.
The following steps will show you how you can easily use iMyfone Umate Pro to permanently erase your iPhone before selling it.
Step 1: Connect your device to the computer and launch the software.
Step 2: Select the “Erase” option that you want from the tab.
Step 3: Click “Erase Now” and then type in “Delete” to confirm.
Step 4: Lastly, click “Erase Now” and your iPhone data will be erased permanently.