When you hear thrash, you mind readily goes to the garbage, dirt, and mostly unwanted waste. And that is exactly what iPhone trash are – unwanted and useless files – which users have identified that they don’t need anymore.
Developers recognize that users sometimes delete things in error, and hence have a feature known as thrash to offset such mistakes. On iOS, thrash comes in two ways. One is through the mail and the other via the photo gallery. When users first delete emails or photos, they go to the thrash where they’re stored for 30 days before they are removed.
That said, having to wait for the system to delete these files after a number of days can be counterproductive. Reason being that these files end up occupying useful space and can go as far as slowing down your device. That’s why it’s important to use an iPhone trash cleaner to delete these files before they become a bigger problem.
5 Top iPhone Trash Cleaners
1 iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a specially and carefully designed iPhone data eraser that does a myriad of functions including removing trash from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. It does this through the many features that comes with the app. iMyFone comes with an intuitive user interface and is easy to use. Umate Pro features include:
- 1-click Space-saving: Clean out temporary and junk files from your device and see a boost to your device’s performance as well as huge space-saving benefits.
- Erase previously deleted files: Permanently remove previously deleted files (such files are totally trash files) that pose serious risks to your privacy. Umate Pro will find these files and help delete them permanently
- Compress/Export/Delete/Erase Photos: Instead of just deleting your photos, there are more useful options for you to save iPhone photo space. And photos deleted by Umate Pro won’t go to photo trash folder.
- Permanent Erasure: Permanently erase messages, call history, WhatsApp/WeChat messages and attachments, notes, voice memos etc. Third-party Apps like WhatsApp harbors many unneeded media received from friends that are occupying serious space on your device. Use Umate Pro to gain back your space.
- Erase Private Fragments: Make sure that no one else can retrieve your private traces on Apps: Snapchat, Viber, Kik, WhatsApp, WeChat, Line etc.
2 iMobie PhoneClean
PhoneClean is also an iPhone trash cleaner for cleaning out different types of unwanted files from iOS device allowing users get back lots of space for more important things. Features of the app and what it removes include:
- Temporary files created by apps and by data exchanges between system resources
- Media downloaded and other internet files such as cache files
- Cookies used by websites to track user behaviour and record user log-in details
- Remnants from deleted files as well as uncompleted download files
- Temporary files produced by third party apps
3 Macgo iPhone Cleaner
Macgo is similar to iMoboe in terms of functionality and how limited and specific its features are. Its features include:
- Supports cleaning of all kinds of data
- Works on iPhone, iPad, and iPad touch
- The app is read-only and doesn’t store or transfer any data
- Speed up and reclaim more space for iOS devices
Asides from all of the above, the app works on both Windows and Mac personal computers. The graphical interface of the device is well designed and adds beauty to its sophistication.
This iPhone trash cleaner doubles as a thrash cleaner and a utility to help fix configuration errors on iPhones. You can scan your device to understand the status of the memory and begin the process to remove the thrash found accordingly. Other features include:
- It permanently deletes files to ensure privacy is not at risk
- Only a few steps to eliminate thrash files
This tool is very lean and does the basic cleaning for iOS devices. It is easy to use and can free up more space by removing files such as online cookies, web pages saved offline. Its features include:
- Clean up junk and temporary files
- Remove website cookies
Which iPhone Trash Cleaner should I use?
The question above is the right question to ask. To make this easy, I think whatever choice taken would be centred on these key factors – cost, number of features, ease of use, and graphical interface.
Based on the aforementioned, the clear frontrunner is iMyFone Umate Pro. For starters, the app does far beyond cleaning iPhone trash such as it protects people’s privacy by helping them delete private files permanently, compressing photos, deleting previously deleted files, and many other rich features. Furthermore, in comparison to the others, Umate Pro is affordable and doesn’t cost a fortune despite packing many features. Lastly, its graphic interface has been designed with the user in mind, thus making it easy to use for everyone.
Using Steps of Umate Pro
Step 1: Download iMyFone Umate Pro installation file to your computer, install it, launch the program and connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Step 2: Select the mode that applies to your needs from the options.
Step 3: Select “Scan” to see the files on your device.
Step 4: Follow the prompt on the screen to confirm any action you want to perform.