iPhone 8 has revolutionized the way we participate in the world. We can use it as a phone, camera, computer, television, and even a reader. The problem is the iPhone only has as much memory as you purchase. Once you have utilized that memory, the iPhone will no longer be useful in any way. Furthermore, storing everything on your iPhone means that if anything were to happen to the iPhone, your data is lost. You’d best to transfer photos from iPhone 8 to your PC no matter to release more space or have a data backup.
Direct Transfer v. iTunes: Transfer Photos from iPhone 8 to PC
1 Direct Transfer Photos from iPhone 8 to PC
- Connect your iPhone 8 to your computer through your USB cable (or your charging cable).
- Unlock Your iPhone.
- Select “Trust this PC” on your iPhone.
- Access the “Start” Menu and select “My Computer”.
- Right click on the iPhone folder and select “Import pictures and videos”.
- Select “Review, organize, and group items for import”.
- Deselect any photos you do not wish to transfer.
- Create a customized organization method including the size of each folder, its name, and its date range.
- Select "Import".
Once these steps are completed, you may choose to tag photos for easy social media display.
2 Transfer Photos from iPhone 8 to PC via iTunes
Should you choose to transfer pictures from your iPhone 8 to your PC through iTunes, several steps may be eliminated and the process much more streamlined. The important factor to this is to insure iTunes is installed on your PC. Then follow these simple steps:
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone 8 to your computer with your USB cable.
- Tap your iPhone tab, choose Photos and check Sync Photos.
- Select the folder where you want to store the photo backup.
- Hit “Apply” button at the bottom to start.
- Utilizing the direct transfer option has several pros and cons. First, the process can be quite lengthy and take quite a bit of time. Furthermore, you have the options to choose photos to be added, however, you must be careful to not remove photos from your iPhone after transfer if you do not select them all. Of course, the biggest problem with this option is that you are restricted to your PC to see and share your photos, as they are not on a cloud or accessible from anywhere.
- iTunes, on the other hand, offers flexibility in accessing your photos by logging into your account. However, you cannot select the photos in which to upload. Once you sync your photos, they are all uploaded, leaving you to clean up your photos after the fact.
Best Alternative to Transfer Photos from iPhone 8 to PC: iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is regarded as the best iOS cleaner and also iOS data eraser. It can help you to release massive storage space, remove dangerous files and permanently destroy data, so as to boost up your iPhone or other iOS devices and protect you from privacy leak. However, it also works as a photo transfer. Massive photos or other media can be transferred from iPhone 8 to computer easily. Once done, you can also choose to remove them from your iPhone. Or you can also choose to compress photos on your iPhone. It will not damage visible quality but will save 75% photo space.
- 1-Click to release massive free space by removing useless data.
- Permanently erase everything from your iOS device and make it as a new one.
- Individually destroy selected personal data on your device.
- Previously deleted files can be found out and completely erased.
- WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, SnapChat and other third party app data are supported to be completely erased.
- All types of iOS files are supported to be cleaned or permanently erased.
There are three very easy steps to transfer photos from iPhone 8 to PC:
1. Connect your iPhone 8 to your PC and hit “Photos” tab on the home interface.
2. Select “Backup & Compress” or “Backup & Delete”. Uncheck the ones you don’t want to transfer and hit “Start”.
3. All the selected photos will be transferred from iPhone 8 to computer.
- Clean Photo Cache: Hidden photo cache can be thoroughly removed with one click through “Junk Files”. Once done, other useless data, like app cache, crash logs, corrupted files, etc., will be cleaned as well. It is for free trial.
- Losslessly Compress Photos: Select the photos to be compressed. No worries, the compressed photos look like the same as original photos. It does not damage visible quality and saves 75% photo space.
- Permanently Destroy Personal Photos: No matter for the current photos on your device, but also the previously deleted files can be found out and permanently erased.
- Erase WhatsApp Photos: It supports to completely erase third party app photos, like WhatsApp, Wechat, Viber, etc.