All technology is prone to quite a number of issues. Even, your Apple iPad can go on the fritz. A freezing iPad can be very provoking, most especially if it happens on a regular basis. When your iPad app fails to respond on some menus, sleep button, the home button or by touching the screen, then it is said to freeze/crash.
There are several reasons for iPad app frozen or become unresponsive. It may be due to app(s) that not up to date, glitches in apps and in exceptional instances, a problem might arise with the OS, which could make it corrupt.
How to Force Quite App iPad App Frozen
Occasional malfunctioning apps can make your iPad boring, even though they rarely freeze. Whenever it happens, below are three approaches to get it working again.
- Close frozen iPad app: Press and hold down the Power button (at the upper right corner of your iPad) for approximately five seconds until the red power slider button appears on the screen. Next step is to press and hold the home button for about 6 seconds. Keep holding it until the frozen app closes and you are back to the home screen.
- Restart the iPad: With the iPad app still frozen/open, hold down the Power button until a red slider shows up. Apply the slider to turn off the iPad. Wait for a few moments whilst your iPad shuts down. Thereafter, press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo. Then, release power button.
- Perform hard reset: To do a soft reset, simply press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Power buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
How to Avoid iPad App Frozen
1 Regularly Update Apps
You need to ensure that your iPad firmware is updated regularly. If some or one app keeps freezing or crashing, check if a new version of that app is available. Apple releases updates to firmware often, so it is best to check online regularly. To update, open the App Store, click on Updates, and then decide if you would like to update all your apps or just the one that is misbehaving.
2 Regularly Clean Corrupted & Crash Files in Apps
Delete applications that have problems. There may be some applications installed in your iPad that can cause an iPad crash. If you notice that your iPad app frozen, remove or delete the application from the iPad immediately. But uninstalltion is not a good way. To only clean app corrupted files and crash logs, you can consider iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac to do so. It is described as one of the most reliable iPad cleaners that can remove all useless data and so boost up your iPad. iPad app frozen will be fixed as well.
This professional iPad cleaner will delete all apps corrupted files and crash logs once. Besides, other useless data like app cache, iTunes cache, photo cache, user storage files and more will be deleted as well. To do so, “Junk Files" in its "1-Click Free Up Space"mode is totally free. Besides, you can also use the “Temporary Files” to remove some invisible fragments.
So, how can we do so?
Step 1: Connect your iPad to computer. Open iMyFone Umate Pro and hit “Quick Scan” button.
Step 2: It will show you how much storage space on your iPad can be cleaned. Tap “Clean” button beside “Junk Files”.
Step 3: Confirm by clicking on “Clean” button at the bottom right corner again.
3 Regularly Clean Your iPad
To keep your iPad clean is also helpful to avoid iPad app frozen. If you do not have enough free storage space on your iPad, your apps may not run properly. It is very important to clear the app cache and data every once in a while especially for the apps you frequently use. In case you haven’t performed it for a long time, the app will begin to misbehave indicating it is time for some cleaning. Also, you can put some effort to free up storage space on your iPad by deleting songs, videos and photos you no longer need.
Or you can consider iMyFone Umate Pro as well. Apart from removing useless data and temporary files, you can also use as a file manager: transfer photos or videos to computer, mass delete some unwanted photos or videos, remove apps in bulk. To do so, you just need to do 3 or 4 clicks.
Then you will also have the opportunity to completely manage your iPad app data.
- Erase Private Data: Some data like call history, messages, note, Safari history may be no longer useful now. It is time to completely remove them. Some of these data may be something about privacy, iMyFone will completely destroy them so that no chance of recovery will be left. It also supports to permanently delete WhatsApp data, WeChat data, and Viber data.
- Erase Deleted Files: When you simply delete something from your iPad, it is still possible to retrieve them. You can run this mode to find the deleted trace out and completely destroy them. BTW, some left trace will also cause iPad app frozen, completely removing them not only fix some issues but also prevent yourself from privacy leak. It also supports to completely destroy deleted SnapChat data and WhatsApp data.
- Erase All Data: Just as its name implies, all your iPad data will be completely removed. It is necessary especially when you want to sell or give your iPad away, or just send it to repair. It’s always wise to play safe.