There are many reasons why you may want to export your iPhone iOS 12 photos from your mobile device to a desktop or laptop computer. Transferring those pictures could be a form of back up, to have extra copies of your memorable photographs. It may also be due to the fact that you want to remove extra files so that you can save memory space on iPhone. Perhaps you may simply want to view the photos on a larger screen.
Whatever the reason, there are several ways in which you can export your iPhone photos, the 5 most common ways are discussed below:
1: Export iPhone iOS 12 Photos with an iPhone Photo Manager
iMyFone Umate Pro/iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is an professional iPhone data manager which can be used to wipe off unneeded files from an iPhone/iPad. It can also perform several other functions one of which is to act as a photo manager for your photographs and enable you export iPhone photos to your computer.
As a photo manager, there are several different functions which iMyFone Umate Pro can perform:
- Export iPhone Photos to PC: This feature allows you to preview and select iPhone photos, and export all them by 1-click.
- Back up & Delete Photos: This option sends a copy of the photos to your computer and then deletes all them from your iPhone to get back iPhone storage.
- Back up & Compress Photos: This option sends a copy to your computer then performs a lossless compression of the photo to save iPhone space.
- Permanently Erase Private Photos: In this option, the photo manager can totally erase any photo directly, making it completely unable to be recovered.
- Erase Previously Deleted Photos: This option allows a permanent erasure of photos that were previously deleted.
- Erase WhatsApp/WeChat Photos: Your private WhatsApp/WeChat attachments (photos and videos) can also be erased permanently.
Permanent erasure is important because deleted files can be restored by using appropriate recovery software. To properly protect privacy therefore, it may be necessary to permanently erase some sensitive iPhone photos.
If you want to export iPhone iOS 12 photos using Umate Pro, you can use the following steps:
Step 1: Launch the software on your computer, and then connect your phone to it.
Step 2: Scan your iPhone and click on photos.
Step 3: Choose the option of “Back up & Delete” and you can preview and select the photos.
Step 4: After have selected the photos, click on “Export Only” and the program will start to export your iPhone photos to PC.
2: Export iPhone iOS 12 Photos using a USB Cable
By connecting an iPhone to a computer via a USB cable, files could be shared. To export photos to a computer using a USB cable, the following steps should be followed:
Step 1: Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2: When the photos app launches, select the photos which you want to transfer.
Step 3: Click the import selected button.
Step 4: The photos will now be transferred.
3. Export iPhone iOS 12 Photos via iCloud
iPhone files can be transferred between your iPhone and your computer using the iCloud. This is done easily, and requires an internet connection.
Step 1: Go to settings on your iPhone
Step 2: Select cloud, then choose photo stream
Step 3: Switch photo stream on
Step 4: Open the iCloud control panel on your apple computer
Step 5: Click on the download button
Step 6: Select run
Step 7: Enter your credentials and password
Step 8: Click sign in
Step 9: Select photo stream, then click apply.
4. Export iPhone iOS 12 Photos via Dropbox
iPhone photos can also be exported through the use of dropbox, through the following steps:
Step 1: Log into the dropbox mobile app
Step 2: Navigate to the desired destination, tap action menu
Step 3: Select upload file
Step 4: Choose the source location eg photos
Step 5: Tap camera roll, and select the photos to upload
Step 6: Click upload
The pictures will now be available in your dropbox, and can be accessed by your computer.
5. Export iPhone iOS 12 Photos via Google Photos
Step 1: Log into the google photos app
Step 2: Tap menu button
Step 3: Tap select photos
Step 4: Choose the photos you want to upload.
Step 5: Tap on the addition sign to upload your photos into the google photos library