It is very likely that you might have to reset your iPhone for one reason or another. If you, like many others, are wondering what happens when you reset your iPhone, you have come to the right place. It is better to be well aware of the consequences before stepping to do anything with your iPhone. In order to guide you through the simple and easy steps concerning resetting iPhone some important tricks and tips are skillfully mentioned below. Guide yourself through this article in order to understand what happens when you reset your iPhone.
What Happens When You Reset Your iPhone
When you go to “Settings > General > Reset”, you may find 6 options there. Read below and you will know what happens when you reset each one. You can choose one according to your need.
- Reset All Settings: It will not clean your data stored in iPad but will bring back some settings to factory default. Such all of your general settings are brightness, wallpaper, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, notification, privacy and more.
- Erase All Content and Settings: Not only the general settings but also stored data will be removed, including your downloads and any pictures you've taken. If you want to keep any of these personal data, then be sure to back up or transfer it over to some other device before you do something as radical as a factory reset.
- Reset Keyword Dictionary: Your predictive text is no longer personalized to you. This is particularly helpful if you are looking to pass the iPad onto someone else, as their typing patterns may be quite a bit different from yours. You might also want to avoid others known what words you might have added to your dictionary.
- Reset Home Screen Layou: It will affect any layout changes that you might have made to the home screen. Any shortcuts you might have dropped there will be gone—but then again, so will the apps that were linked to them anyway, so it hardly matters.
- Reset Location & Privacy: Basically, this sets your location services to the default “off” position, which means that your device cannot be tracked remotely if it is lost or stolen. On the other hand, this enhances privacy and keeps your apps from having access to your location unless you manually approve them.
Note: Keyboard shortcuts will not be removed when you reset keyboard dictionary.
What Happens When You Completely Reset Your iPhone? And How?
What happens when you completely reset your iPhone? Apparently, everything will be removed from your iPhone. But all the data are not just invisible from your iPhone, they are completely gone from the world. Even the best recovery tool cannot get access to them. It is the safest way to reset your iPhone.
How to do so? iPhone itself cannot do so, but you can use iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. It is a highly recommended professional iPhone data eraser to completely destroy data. To suit your needs, it provide 3 different erase modes.
- The ability to free up space with a single click.
- The ability to erase ALL data on your device, just as with a factory reset, but better. This deletion is permanent and leaves no trace.
- The ability to erase deleted files. For example, you may have thought that you had deleted WhatsApp messages or attachment, but actually they are just invisible from your iPad. This software can find them out and completely erase them, 100% unrecoverable.
- The ability to permanently delete private data, such as messages, photos, call history, texts, contact, note, voice memo, WhatsApp, WeChat, and more.
How can we permanently reset iPhone?
i. Access the iMyfone Umate Pro app on your desktop and trust on your iPhone.
ii. Choose the ‘Erase All Data’ options and tap ‘Erase’.
iii. You will be asked to type “delete” to confirm.
And with that you have successfully reset your iPhone in a permanent way .