While we have advanced by leaps and bounds on the technology front, it is still important to know that no technology is flawless. If you use an iPad or iPhone and it won’t reboot no matter how many times you try to turn it on, then this post is definitely for you. Depending on what the actual problem is, the solution can be pretty simply or can sometimes be a little complex.
But before running to your closest Apple store, make sure that you read this post completely and there is a major possibility that you might actually be able to turn it on. If you just have a black screen on your iPhone or iPad, try the below-mentioned methods to turn it on.
5 Ways to Fix iPhone/ iPad won’t Reboot
1 Let it Charge for a While
There is a possibility that there might be no charge left in the battery, so the iPhone/iPad won’t reboot. While the device generally turns on at least even if it has some power left, it’ll fail to do so if the battery is dead.
So, connect your device to the wall charger and let it charge for a while. If the battery has been completely dead for a while, it might take around 15-20 minutes to turn on. So, let the device charge for a while before trying to reboot it again.
If still fails, there is also a possibility that there might be some problem with the charger or its cable. Borrow a charger from someone to charge your iPad or iPhone and it might turn on.
2 Give it a Deep Clean with iMyFone Umate Pro
Download iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac into your computer and try giving a deep clean to your iPhone. There is a possibility that you might have recently downloaded something on your device and some kind of virus or malware might have entered your device which is not allowing your device to turn on.
If your iPhone or iPad won’t reboot, use Umate Pro to “Erase All Data” from your device and reset it, including the temporary and junk files, corrupted system files, deleted history, invisible data, etc.
Once all the data and virus is successfully deleted from your iPad or iPhone, then try to turn it on and it might just work.
3 Restore with iTunes
Corrupt system files can also be the reason for iPad does not boot. A simple solution to this is to restore your iPhone or iPad with iTunes. Follow the steps mentioned below for this-
- Ensure that you have the updated version of iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to the computer.
- When the device is connected to the computer, a ‘Restore iPhone’ button will appear next to your device on iTunes. Click on it.
- The existing copy of iOS will now be replaced with a new copy and your device might turn on.
4 Restore from Recovery Mode
If your iPhone or iPad still fails to reboot, try to restore it with the Recovery Mode. Follow the steps mentioned below-
- Turn off your device and connect it to your computer.
- Make sure that your iTunes is updated.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to the computer and keep the home button pressed.
- When this is successfully done, you’ll see ‘Connect to iTunes’ icon on your device. Release the Home button.
- A message on your computer will say that a new device is detected in recovery mode and you can restore it.
- Select ‘Ok’ and the device can turn on.
5 Locate the Nearest Apple Store
If all these methods fail, you should look for the nearest Apple store as there might be a problem related to the hardware of the device.
When should You Reboot Your iPhone/ iPad
While rebooting your iPad or iPhone doesn’t seem like an ideal solution, it is indeed very effective and can solve a lot of common problems, like-
- iPad running slow or freezes unexpectedly - iPad or iPhone running slow or freezing unexpectedly can be due to a storage related problem of your device. By rebooting the device, you’d be able to recover a lot of storage space and the device might start working as good as new.
- Particular app keeps crashing - This can be because of some problem related to the app itself or the storage might be full on your device. When the storage is full, heavier apps often crash.
- iPad stops making sounds - A lot of iPad users often complain about their devices not making any sounds, or some particular apps missing the sound, or you device rings when someone calls but fails to make any other sounds, etc. Rebooting your device can be a solution to all these problems.
- iPad’s battery draining too fast - If the battery of your iPad or iPhone drains too quickly, this might be a problem of the software of the device. Try to reboot the device and the battery might last longer.
- AirPlay stops working - If the AirPlay feature of your iPad stops unintentionally, rebooting the device can fix the problem for good.
As you can see, there are several reasons that might require you to reboot your iPad or iPhone and there are many ways in which you can reboot the devices.
However, the simplest and most effective of all the solutions is Umate Pro. The software comes with a host of features that help eliminate such annoying problems while also allowing users to easily manage the storage and protect privacy fata of their iOS devices.