In life, starting things on a clean slate is often something that we wish we could do. However, it is not always possible. Fortunately, if by clean slate you mean your iPhone, we can definitely do so by factory resetting the iPhone. While factory resetting is not something that sounds ideal as it will delete all your personal data and settings from your iPhone, at times you are required to do it when you are trying to troubleshoot some kind of software error or just want to wipe all your data as you are selling your iPhone.
While factory resetting your iPhone is a pretty simple process, there are possibilities that iPhone factory reset not working - it might not provide you the desired results. In other words, there can be instances where iPhone factory reset might not be able to eliminate the error. Also, a lot of users have mentioned their iPhone got stuck when they were trying to factory reset. So, what can you do if iPhone factory reset is not working? Let us try to find out.
Things to do when iPhone Factory Reset is Not Working
We have created a list of some methods that you can try when the factory reset option is not working on your iPhone.
1 Reset iPhone with iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a must-have iPhone tool, it comes with a number of features that allow you to improve iPhone performance in a simple and user-friendly way. It is compatible with Windows and Mac computers and its trial version is available for free to allow you to check how effective its features are.
When iPhone factory reset is not working, try to use iMyFone Umate Pro to reset your iPhone, Umate Pro’s “Erase All Data” can deliver the desired results. Let us have a look at how you can use iMyFone Umate Pro for resetting your iPhone.
- Step 1: Once you have downloaded Umate Pro to your laptop or computer, launch the software and connect your iPhone to the system. If you have connected the iPhone for the first time to the system, you’ll be required to Trust the system.
- Step 2: Once it is successfully connected, search for ‘Erase All Data’ button on the left side of the interface. Click on it and then select ‘Erase’.
- Step 3: On the next screen, you’ll be asked to type the word ‘delete’ manually to confirm your selection.
- Step 4: On the same page, you’ll also get the option to change the security level. Make sure that you read about the security levels before making a selection.
- Step 5: Once you have selected a security level and have typed ‘delete’, click on ‘Erase Now’ to start the erasing process.
Make sure that you create a backup of any data that you need as once the erasing process finishes, you’d not be able to recover the deleted files.
2 Restore iPhone with iTunes
If your iPhone is suffering from unexpected crashes, this may be due to corrupt system files in your iPhone. If iPhone factory reset is not working, then this may be fixed by restoring iPhone with iTunes. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Launch iTunes on your system. Make sure that it is updated.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the system. If it’s your first time connecting the iPhone to the computer, Trust it first.
- Step 3: When the device is successfully connected, you’ll be able to see it on the iTunes interface.
- Step 4: Next to your device on iTunes, you’ll also see the ‘Restore iPhone’ button. Click on it.
- Step 5: Once you click on this button, iTunes will replace the existing copy of iOS in your iPhone with a new copy and all your existing data will be deleted.
3 Restore iPhone using Recovery Mode
If the iTunes method fails for some reason, you can try to restore iPhone with the help of recovery mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Step 2: Turn off your iPhone.
- Step 3: Connect the iPhone to your computer and keep the home button pressed until ‘Connect to iTunes’ message appears on the screen. You can release Home button now.
- Step 4: You will now see a message on iTunes saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and you need to restore it.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Ok’ and the device will be restored.
Out of all the methods mentioned above, the simplest and most effective is resetting the iPhone with Umate Pro.
Other Important Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- One Click to Free Up Space: With a single click, the software allows you to release a significant amount of space on your iPhone. Right from junk files to temporary files, everything can be deleted in an instant. Moreover, there are also features like compressing photos without losing their quality.
- Erase Deleted Files : The files that you directly delete from your iPhone can be easily recovered with the help of many different tools available online, raising a major security issue if you are planning to sell your iPhone. With the help of this feature, you can permanently erase all the deleted data and no software can tool can ever recover any of it.
- Erase Private Data: Your iPhone is home to a lot of your private data, like your browsing history, private photos, emails, bank details, and a lot more. With the help of this feature, you can delete all of it permanently.
- Erase Private Fragments: You must have installed many third-party Apps on your iPhone, like Snapchat. So, to erase all private traces of such Apps, we’d better permanently erase the private fragments, corrupted files, app caches/cookies etc.
Umate Pro is your one-stop solution for managing your iPhone storage and protecting privacy. By allowing you to easily manage the storage, it ensures that your iPhone functions flawlessly and privacy and security are at their best.