It is very annoying to find your iPad freeze up after every 2 seconds while you are busy streaming a video or doing some important work. You might be surprised, but most often it is the applications that you are constantly using on your iPad that makes it act this way. So if you ever wondered to yourself, “why my iPad freezes?” you might want to reevaluate your device.
Why Does My iPad Freeze? The Fix!
Reason 1 Low on Battery
When iPad is low on battery, to extend its battery life, it will try to slow performance down. If some background process requires high performance, it may cause the iPad freeze up or slow down. Charging your device will give enough power to run high performance normally.
Solution: Check if your iPad is charged or not the next time it freezes up.
Reason 2 App Issue
Sometimes it may be the apps that cause iPad freeze up especially when you update to new iOS system. When new iOS system comes, the developers of apps may not update their apps according to new iOS features immediately. However, the current apps cannot match the new iOS system. So your iPad may freeze up. Besides, sometimes it may be some apps bug that cause the freezing issue. When you use that app or just let it run at the background, it will slow down iPad performance and even cause iPad freeze up.
- Go to App Store to update apps if there is new version.
- Uninstall the specific app and reinstall it if there is no version.
Reason 3 Not Enough Storage
We have tons of pictures, notes, memories culminated into one place. The purpose of this amazing device was in fact to store all your personal data at one place so as to make it conveniently available to you at any time. Most of us often abuse this leverage and store more than what an iPad is able to handle. You have a massive storage of years and years of memories, photos and voice notes. A number of application and social media apps are swarming on your screen.
It might be fun and games right now but in a long run you might have to face dire consequences because of this. You see, once the storage gets full your device warn you to empty it. And it can be quite tedious to go through each and every thing on our device and delete it so you keep on pending it. This overflow of data and unbearable storage also contributes to iPad freezing.
Solution: Do not wait to clean your iPad storage until a error message “Not Enough Space” warns you. If you do not want to clean your iPad space one by one manually, you can come to iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. It is made to simplify the cleaning task on iPhone or iPad. It is one of the best iOS space cleaner which wins thousands of users’ favor. To manage your iPad storage, 2 functions on it are suggested to you.
iMyFone is highly spoken of by hundreds of users and well-known media.
- 1-Click Free Up Space: It is an absolute wonder. Just as its name implies, to free up your iPad space, it just needs 1 click. This mode can help you to easily clean all useless data, like junk files and temporary files once. It will not delete some important data mistakenly. When cleaning junk files (Junk files is a free trial on iMyFone Umate Pro), the corrupted files and crashing log will be removed, which would reduce the chance of “iPad freezes up”. Besides, you can also remove some data which occupies much space, like HD photos, videos, movies, audio books and apps. It provides you with the backup option before deleting.
- Erase Private Data: It will do a full scan and analysis of your iPad. You can preview and select some unwanted or unnecessary data to be erased, like messages, photos, note, call history, WhatsApp chats & attachment, WeChat chats, Safari history, Safari cookies, and more. Apart from freeing up space, it will be more important that data erased here cannot be retrieved even with the most modern recovery tool. That’s why it can protect you from privacy leak.
iMyFone Umate Pro’s friendly interface makes it easy to use. Here we take “1-Click Free Up Space” for example.
- Connect your device to your desktop and open software.
- Click ‘Quick scan’ to completely scan your device from the inside out.
- Click on the ‘Clean’ button beside “Junk Files”. You will know how much space has been cleaned when finishes.
Apart from the functions talked above, it still has 2 other modes which are also useful.
- Erase Deleted Files: iMyFone Umate Pro has 25 analysis technologies enabling it to complete scan your device. Even your previously deleted data and files which are under the risks of being retrieved can be found out. You can preview and choose to totally erase them. Some fragments which cannot be displayed can still be erased, like deleted SnapChat data.
- Erase All Data: Just as its name implies, all the data on your iPad will be completely removed if you run it. This would be suitable especially when you want to give away your device or send it to repair.
Reason 4 iOS System Problem
iOS 9.3 had a bug that forcefully caused the iPad to freeze. The same problem has been faced by users who have updated to iOS 10. The recent updates have this glitch which causes the iPad to freeze up. Many users are outraged because of this malfunctioning. Many people have complained that my iPad has frozen and won’t turn off. This serious issue has been addressed and is to be rectified.
(1) To fix the freezing iPad it has been suggested to go for hard reset and completely turn off the device.
(2) If hard reset cannot fix this frozen iPad, you’d best go to “Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings” and bring your iPad to factory default. (You can back up your iPad data to iCloud or iTunes before doing so.)
Press and hold “Sleep/Wake” button and Home button together for at least 10 seconds until Apple logo appears.