Considering that we use IM messaging apps like Kik and WhatsApp on a regular basis, being able to safeguard the messages we send and receive on these apps is critical. Yet, no matter how many safety measures you put in place, losing your Kik messages on iPhone is unbelievably easy. One of the main causes of data loss on the messaging app, is often accidental deletion. We’ve all done it. You hit delete accidentally and all your messages are gone.
If this sounds like your current predicament, don’t panic! With the right tools and know-how, you can easily restore the accidentally deleted Kik messages on iPhone quite easily. This article is going to provide you with the necessary know-how and tool.
What to do First
- Before we get to the tools and know-how, lets first begin by finding out if you had backed up the messages on wither iTunes and iCloud. If you had, you need only restore the backup to get your messages.
- If the messages are not in any of your backups, you need to make use of a data recovery tool (that we’ll share with you shortly) to recover the missing data. Therefore, it is very important that you stop the device immediately. This is to prevent the missing Kik messages from being overwritten by any new data generated by your device. If you overwrite the messages, it may not be easy to recover them.
Recover Deleted Kik Messages on iPhone using iMyfone D-Back
We promised you the right tool to recover your missing Kik messages and we have just that. The program is known as iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac and it is by far the best tool to recover missing data, not just from an iPhone but all other iOS devices. The following are just some of the features that make it the right choice for you.
- It is very easy to use as we shall see very shortly. In a few simple steps, your Kik messages will be recovered, allowing you to go back to normal IM function.
- The messages can be recovered whether they were lost due to accidental deletion or any other reason. You can even recover data from a damaged and locked device.
- The program can recover over 22 other different types of data including contacts, photos, videos, messages, call history and many more.
- It comes with a preview feature that allows you to selectively recover data.
- It is compatible with various iOS devices and familiar versions of the iOS operating system.
How to Recover Your Deleted Kik Messages on iPhone
The program allows you to recover data in one of three way; directly from the device, from an iTunes backup file or an iCloud backup file. Let’s take a look at each one of these data recovery modes.
1 Recover Deleted iPhone Kik Messages without Backup
If you hadn’t backed up the data on either iTunes or iCloud, recovery directly from the iPhone is your best bet. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: After downloading and installing the program to your computer, launch it and then click “Recover from iOS Device.” Click “Start” to begin. In the next window, select “Kik” under “Third-Party IM APP” and then click “Next” to continue.
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables and once the program recognizes the device, click “Scan” to begin the scanning process.
Step 3: When the scan is finished, look for the missing Kik messages in the results page, select them and click “Recover” to save them.
2 Extract Deleted Kik Messages from iTunes Backup File
Follow these very simple steps if you want to recover your Kik messages from an iTunes backup file.
Step 1: From the main menu, select “Recover from iTunes Backup” tab and click “Start.” Select “Kik” in the next window and then click “Next” to continue.
Step 2: From the iTunes backup files displayed, select the one that contains the missing data and then click “Scan.”
Step 3: Once the scan is complete, select the Kik messages and click “Recover.”
3 Extract Deleted Kik Messages from iCloud Backup File
To recover the messages from an iCloud account, follow these simple steps.
Step 1: Choose “Recover from iCloud Backup” and then click “Start.” Choose “Kik” as the type of file you wish to recover and then click “Next.”
Step 2: Log in to your iCloud account and then select the iCloud backup file that may contain the missing Kik messages. Click “Next” to download and scan the backup file.
Step 3: Once the scan is complete, select the Kik messages found to preview them and click “Recover” to save them.