What can you do when you accidentally deleted some of your WeChat messages by mistake? Your level of panic will depend on just how important those messages are. If they are pretty important, you will want to get them back as soon as you can. This can be easily accomplished if you had backed up your WeChat messages and attachments.
If you had just received the messages and hence couldn’t have backed them up, you may have a problem on your hands. But we are nothing if not helpful and in this article, we are going to show you how to get the missing WeChat messages whether you had backed them up or not. Keep reading to find out how.
First things first
There are a few things we recommend you do before we get to the actual recovery of the deleted WeChat messages. Here we go;
- We know you may already know whether or not you have backed up the messages on iTunes or iCloud but go ahead and check anyway. If they are there, you may only need to restore the backup to get them back.
- If they are not in any one of your backups, it is time for more intense measures. Refrain from using the iPhone right now. This will ensure that the missing WeChat messages will not be overwritten by any new data you may generate.
Recover Deleted WeChat Messages on iPhone via iMyfone D-Back
If the messages are not in any of your backup files, or you don't want to erase all all data and settings on your iPhone to restore the deleted WeChat messages, you need special help to get them back and that special help comes in the form of iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Macthat is designed to help you get the messages back in the shortest time possible. Some of the features that make it easy for iMyfone to recover your messages include the following;
- You can also use it to recover up to 22 different types of data including photos, contacts, videos, call history, messages and more.
- Provides 4 recovery modes: Recover data without backup, Smart recovery, recover from iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
- It is compatible with nearly all iOS devices and normal versions of the iOS operating system, including iPhone 7 and iOS 10.
- It comes with a preview feature that allows you to selectively recover missing data (we’ll show you how.)
- Like we already mentioned, it is very easy to use. A few simple steps are what stand between you and your missing data.
How to Recover Your Missing WeChat Messages on iPhone
We should mention that you can also use this program to recover data from an iTunes and iCloud backup file. This should come in handy when you want to recover just a few WeChat messages and would rather not restore the entire device (handy huh?) Download and install the program to your computer and let’s get to recovering your missing messages.
1 Recover Missing iPhone WeChat Messages without Backup
If you hadn’t backed up your messages, this is the recovery mode you should choose. Simply follow these simple steps to do it.
Step 1: launch the program and from the main window, choose the “Recover from iOS device” tab. Click “Start” and you should then see a window where you can choose the file type you want to recover. Select “WeChat” under “Third-party IM App” and click “Next.”
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer and click “Scan.”
Step 3: Once the scan is complete (it shouldn’t take long), find the WeChat messages you want to recover and then click “Recover.”
2 Extract Missing WeChat Messages from iTunes Backup File
Follow these simple steps to extract your WeChat messages from an iTunes backup file.
Step 1: Begin by clicking on “Recover from iTunes Backup” in the main window and then click “Start.” Select “WeChat” as the type of data you want to recover and click “Next” to continue.
Step 2: In the next window, the program will display a number of iTunes backup files. Select the one that contains your missing messages and click “Scan.”
Step 3: Wait for the scanning process to finish and then choose the messages from the results page. Click “Recover” to save them.
3 Extract Missing WeChat Messages from iCloud Backup File
Follow these simple steps to recover the missing messages from an iCloud backup.
Step 1: Select “Recover from iCloud Backup” and click “Next.” Select “WeChat” since this is the file type you want to recover and then click “Next.”
Step 2: Sign in to your iCloud account and in the next window, select the iCloud backup file that contains the missing data and click “Next.”
Step 3: This will allow the program to download and scan the backup file. Once the scan is complete, select the missing WeChat messages from the results page and click “Recover” to save them.