Everyone wants to capture great photos and videos of the important events in their lives like birthdays, marriages, parties and fun-filled gatherings. The iPhone gives you the chance to store thousands of memories in the form of photos and to keep them with you for years. However, for this to happen, you must constantly backup your photos through iCloud or iTunes because if you won’t and something happens to your phone, you would lose all those photos right away.
If you have accidently deleted your photos or if your device has been attacked by viruses and you can’t access your photos then you shouldn’t worry if you have been backing up your data. There are two easy ways through which you can extract photos from iPhone backup.
Part 1: Recover Photos from a Backup by restoring iPhone
Restoring an iPhone is not a good idea because you will lose all of your data therefore it is required to first backup your photos via iCloud or iTunes and then go on to restore the Phone to get back all the photos.
- After backing up via iTunes, you should disassociate the ID from your device and turn the ‘Find My iPhone’ option off.
- Now connect the iPhone with your computer. You will find your device show up on iTunes.
- Go to the summary panel and choose the ‘Restore iPhone’ option.
- Now click on the option of ‘Restore’ one more time for confirming that you are restoring the iPhone to the actual default settings. Now wait till your phone restarts.
- You will be asked whether you are looking to ‘Set up the iPhone as a new device’ or looking to ‘restore it from a backup’.
- In order to do the restoration from iCloud, you need to follow every instruction offered by the Setup Assistant after the Hello screen.
- Select the option of ‘Restore from iCloud backup’ and select the photos you want restored.
- In order to do the restoration from iTunes, connect the phone with your computer.
- In iTunes, go to ‘Files’ then ‘Devices’ and then click the option of ‘Restore from backup’ and select the photos you want restored.
Part 2: Extract photos from iPhone backup using iMyfone D-Back
iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery or iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Mac is a smart data recovery tool which has the capability of restoring any data that you might have lost in any way possible. With support for over twenty two file types, the software is the complete solution for restoration of data to iPhone. The software offers four modes for recovering data as well including ‘Recover from iOS device’, ‘Smart Recovery’, ‘Recover from iCloud Backup’ and ‘Recover from iTunes backup’. The good thing about the software is that it works with all types of iOS devices.
- A very intuitive interface that makes things easier for every kind of user.
- Four expansive modes of data recovery:‘Recover from iOS device’, ‘Smart Recovery’, ‘Recover from iCloud Backup’ and ‘Recover from iTunes backup’
- Support offered for all types of iOS devices.
- Capable of recovering over twenty two file types. The data it can recover includes call logs, photos, videos, WhatsApp messages, WhatsApp attachments, WeChat history, WeChat attachments, Skype history, Skype attachment, memos and others.
Step to extract photos from iPhone backup
The iCloud backup:
First, download the file of the software on your computer and then install it. Click on its launcher and select the option of ‘Recover from iCloud backup’ and press ‘Start’.
Select ‘Photos’as the file you wish to get back.
Log in to iCloud and select the backup file in which your photos are saved and click on the option of‘Next’. All your backup files will be shown on the main interface of the program .
Click the ‘Recover’ button, choose the destination folder and get back all of your photos.
The iTunes backup:
Select ‘Recover from iTunes backup’.Then select‘Photos’as the file to recover.
Select the backup file in which your photos are saved and click scan． After scanning, all the file will be displayed on the main interface of the program.
Click the ‘Recover’ button to extract photos from iTunes backup.
If you lose your photos for any reason, you can stay assured that restoring your iPhone or using iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery or iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Mac will get them back for you.