All technology is susceptible to problems. At times even your top range iPad can encounter some difficulties. A common setback is that your iPad will freeze after an update to iOS 11 and the home button, the sleep button and the screen may fail to respond. In case of such a problem, there are a couple of solutions that can be used to resolve the issue. This article therefore outlines the possible methods that can be used to fix iPad frozen after update to iOS 11 problem.
5 Ways to Fix iPad Frozen After Update to iOS 11
1 A Hard Reset
To reset your iPad, ensure that the device has sufficient power. Press the Home button and the wake/sleep button on the top edge of the iPad and clasp them down together for 10 seconds until the logo Apple shows up. The iPad will therefore reset itself but it may take a few minutes longer than usual to restart.
2 Power your iPad for a While
Powering your iPad is another possible solution to the freezing problem. If your iPad fails to respond, plug it to a charger and allow it to charge for 1 hour. A few minutes after plugging your device, you should observe the charging screen. You should be able to see the charging screen in an hour. If you do not see it, or you observe the connect to power screen, then you should check your connector, your power adapter, and your USB cable. You should ensure that all are plugged in firmly, not damaged and free from debris. In case the iPad fails to charge, you may try a different power adapter or USB cable.
3 Restore your iPad to Factory Settings
It is important to note that restoring your device erases all your data and media settings. Therefore you should back up your personal data, media, and settings through the iTunes before the restore. The steps below will help you restore the iPad using the iTunes.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes and update if necessary.
- Connect your iPad to the computer.
- Select your iPad in the source menu.
- Click the ‘summary’ tab.
- Below the image of your iPad click on ‘ restore iPad’.
4 Use Recovery Restore Mode
To recover your iPad, you should follow the following procedures
- Make sure that the iPad has enough power.
- Disconnect the ipad from the USB cable, leaving the one end of the cable connected to the computer.
- Switch off your iPad: press and clasp the wake/sleep button until the red slider emerges, then slide the slider. You should wait for your iPad to go off.
- When the device goes off, hold the home button as you connect it to the USB. Continue holding the home key until the symbol ‘connect to iTunes’ appears on your iPad.
- Open the iTunes, iTunes should identify that the iPad is in ‘Recovery Mode’ and give you a restoration option.
- Click the “restore” option and confirm the action.
5 Fix "iPad Frozen after Update" without Data Loss
The fix iOS system is a feature of the iMyFone D-Back iPad data recovery Win or iPad data recovery Mac that makes it easier to fix the problems of iPads, iPhones and iPods to normal after experiencing issues such as black screen, stuck at Apple logo and recovery mode. The software has the other following features:
iMyFone D-Back iPad Data Recovery (iOS 11 Supported)
- It can restore up to 22 data types like messages, videos, photos, contacts and much more.
- It restores data lost due to deletion, jailbreak, iOS upgrade, damaged phone, factory reset and others.
- It supports Mac and Windows operating system.
- It works in all types of iPad, iPod touch and iPhone and compatible with the latest iOS 11.
Steps to Fix "iPad Frozen after Update" using iMyFone D-Back
Step 1: Choose Fix iOS System
Download and install the iMyFone D-Back on the computer. After opening the program, select the “Fix iOS System” then connect your iPad using a USB cable. Then click on "Standard Mode".
You will be asked to pur your device into DFU Mode or Recovery Mode. Just do as instructed.
Step 2: Download Firmware
Then confirm the model of your device after being prompted and select the “download” the program will therefore download the newest firmware for your iPad. Wait until the download process is complete. It should only take a few minutes.
Step 3: Fix iPad to Normal
You can click "Start to Fix" to fix your iPad immediately after the download is complete. The process only takes a few minutes and once it is done, the program will alert you that your iPad will start over in a normal mode