iOS 13/12 comes with better speed, impressive stability, and many other features. However, some of the users have started to experience various issues after upgrading to iOS 13/12. One of the most common issues experienced by iPhone users is that iMessage doesn’t work well with iOS 13/12.
“iOS 12 is messing up my iMessages” is a very popular query received by search engines these days. As a matter of fact, there are multiple solutions to address this issue and we present to you the best of them. Below, we have listed down all the basic solutions and a professional solution to address this issue. So, read this article and find the most appropriate solution.
Part 1: Scenarios That iOS 13/12 is Messing up my iMessages
Here are some situations in which iMessages may mess up after updating into iOS 13/12.
- Due to a faulty data connection on your iPhone
- Apple’s iMessage server is down
- iMessage is not configured properly
- iMessage is not turned on
- Wrong settings on Apple ID
- Wrong date and time settings
- Not signed in for iMessage
Part 2: 10 Solutions to Fix iOS 13/12 is Messing up iMessages
Now let’s see how to fix those issues with basic features available on the iPhone.
Solution 1: Fix iMessages Messed up Problem without Data Loss
If you couldn’t succeed with any of the above methods, you should try an advanced option. In this case, you can try a sophisticated tool like iMyFone Fixppo. iMyFone Fixppo is an exceptionally handy software for any iOS device user. It can necessarily fix a variety of iOS-related issues and get the phone back into normal mode with a 100% success rate. It is compatible with all iPhone models and iOS versions, including iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max and iOS 13.2/13/12/11.
Step 1: Launch iMyFone Fixppo on the computer and select “Standard Mode” to continue.
Step 2: Put the iPhone or iPad you are using on DFU or recovery mode via the on-screen instructions.
Step 3: Now, download the firmware of the device. One of the best features associated with iMyFone Fixppo is that it is capable to identify the precise firmware for your device. All you need is to press the button labeled “Download”. If iMyFone Fixppo cannot recognize your device, you should select it manually from the list and begin downloading the firmware.
Step 4: At the completion of the download, you will see a button labeled “Start”. Simply click on this button to verify the firmware. At the completion of the fixing process, you can check if you can start the device and use it smoothly.
Please note that the standard mode will not affect your device, but the advanced mode will erase your current data.
Solution 2: Sign in out and sign in for iMessage
- Go to the Setting app.
- Tap on the option Send and Receive.
- Tap on the respective Apple ID when prompted.
- Choose to Sign Out and tap Done.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Go to Settings and Sign In once again.
Solution 3: Turn off and on iMessage
- Tap on the Setting App and go to iMessage.
- Turn off iMessage and be patient for a while.
- Turn on iMessage once again.
Solution 4: Check Network Connection
Check if the network connection works. If the wifi network is not stable, you need to change to another one.
Solution 5: Reset All Settings
- Tap on the “Settings” app.
- Go to General and choose Reset.
- Then, go to Reset All Settings.
- Provide the password if prompted.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
Solution 6: Check Date & Time
- Select Apple Menu and go to System Preferences.
- Select Date & Time.
- Check if it has the correct time zone, date and time.
- Deactivate “Set Date and Time Automatically” and activate it once again.
Solution 7: Check Apple ID Settings
- Tap on the Settings app and go to Messages.
- Tap on Send & Receive option.
- See if you have used the correct Apple ID.
Solution 8: Restore iPhone with iTunes Backup
- Launch iTunes on the computer you are using (Mac or PC) to back up the data of your iOS device. Then, connect the device into the same computer through the original USB cable.
- Then, select the iOS device you are using once it has appeared on your iTunes.
- Now, you should select the option called Restore Backup in iTunes.
- You can now select the most relevant backup from the list after considering the data and size.
- Click on “Restore” and wait for the process to be completed. If prompted, provide the password to decrypt the iTunes backup.
Solution 9: Restore iPhone with iCloud Backup
- Turn the device on and you will see the welcome screen. If the device is already configured, you will have to erase the data it contains before proceeding to the next step.
- Carefully follow the onscreen setup to see Apps & Data screen. Choose tap Restore from iCloud backup.
- You can now select a backup that you will restore.
- Provide the credentials and log into your Apple ID when prompted. That will allow you to restore what you have already purchased under the respective account.
- Finish the setup process and you can now use the device without any trouble. Data like photos, apps, music, etc. will get restored in the background. The duration of this process may vary depending on the amount of data.
Solution 10: Reset Your iPhone as a New One
Here’s how to reset your iPhone and get it back on the normal stage.
- Go to Settings and select General. Then, select Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Type in your password and press OK in the warning message.
- Provide the Apple ID and Password to confirm the process.
Part 3:Tips & Tricks on iPhone iMessages
With iMyFone D-Back, you can simply recover lost data on your iPhones. In fact, data recovery is one of the main features associated with iMyFone D-Back. In this section, we will explain how to recover lost iMessages after fixing this iMessages messed up issue.
- Open iMyFone D-Back and start “Recover from iOS Device”. Then, go to the “Start” option.
- Connect the device to the computer and let the program detect it successfully. Click “Next”.
- Now, you should define the files you need to recover. In this case, you should select Messages and press “Scan”.
- At the completion of the scan, you can see the recoverable data. Select what you need and click on the option “Recover”.
Make Regular iMessages to Prevent Data Loss
One of the best ways to prevent potential data loss is to back up your valuable information on a regular basis. That is to say, you should back up your data at least once a week (the sooner the better). If you do not want to make a full backup with iTunes or iCloud, feel free to try iMyFone D-Back which can help you selectively export what you need from your device.
You may go through the steps we have mentioned in this article and fix “iOS 12 mess up iMessages” easily. We really appreciate it if you can let us know the way you use mentioned in this article. Your comments are exceptionally useful for our readers.