Apple iPhone freezes or may occasionally hang during certain operations. Even if you press the power button, the home button, or swipe the screen, there is no response from the device. This article discusses in detail about the solutions for frozen iPhone along with the causes that developed the issue.
Apple’s support article explains a single fix to the situation. However, many instances cause your iPhone to freeze. Frozen iPhone occurs due to a hardware or software problem. If you are a victim of frozen iPhone, then read on to find the solutions to fix the problem.
1 Soft Restart the Device
Follow the steps below to restart your iPhone.
- Hold the power button until you see the red slider appearing on the screen.
- Slide the button towards the right to turn the device completely off.
- After the device switches off, press the power button again until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- After restarting, the device functions normally.
2 Hard Restart the Device
You should choose the forcible restart of your iPhone as your last attempt in switching on the instrument. You can force-restart your iPhone by holding the home button and the power button for a minimum of 10 seconds or until you notice the Apple logo.
3 Put iPhone Into Recovery Mode
Follow the steps to put your iPhone into recovery mode with the support of iTunes.
- Plug your device into the system and launch iTunes.
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of iTunes. If not, upgrade it to the latest version.
- Press the power and home button simultaneously and hold for at least 10 seconds.
- Until you see a message pop-up, released the power key while holding the home button. The message indicates that there is a problem with the iPhone[your iPhone name] that requires it to be updatetd or restored. Choose Update and allow iTunes to reinstall your iOS without wiping your data.
- If the update progress takes more that 15 minutes and your iPhone exits recovery mode, then repeat the steps and choose restore. The process will allow iTunes to delete the existing operating system and reinstall it with latest iOS version. The process will also remove data from your iPhone.
4 Fix Frozen iPhone Without Data Loss Via iMyfone D-Back
Apple’s solution to restoring the iPhone using iTunes will delete data. If you did not take a recent backup of your iPhone, you would be losing plenty of information. A better approach to circumvent such a situation is by using iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac. The application functions efficiently in restoring the data and fixing loopholes in the operating system without corrupting the existing content. Apart from fixing the frozen iPhone, the program provides the following services:
- It assists in repairing corrupted iOS system without causing any loss to the existing data on the phone.
- It recognizes over 22 file extensions, which makes it easy for you to retrieve any file from your iPhone.
- You can recover data using intelligent mode, from the device, from iTunes, or from iCloud.
- The application also provides preview of recoverable files, which simplifies the retrieval process as you can choose only the relevant content.
Steps to Fix Frozen iPhone Using iMyfone D-Back
Step 1: Install the trial version of the software by downloading the executable file. Start the program, and from the main window select “Fix iOS System” option. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: iMyfone D-Back allows you to download the firmware according to the version of the phone automatically. You can carry out the step simply and with ease by pressing the download button alone!
Step 3: After downloading the firmware, the software will begin repairing your iPhone. Your iPhone restarts automatically once the program fixes the software.