"I am very fond of capturing pictures and I have hundreds of pictures saved on my iPhone. Yesterday, I was going through my pictures then suddenly something happened to my phone and I lost around 100 of my pictures for no reason. My iCloud backup was turned on and I want my pictures back at any cost. So how do I get my pictures from iCloud? I want some serious suggestions."
If you have the same question, read on and you will get great help.
1 Get Photos from iCloud by Turning on My Photo Stream
The first way to get pictures from iCloud is to turn on My Photo Stream. By turning on My Photo Stream, all your new photos will be uploaded to iCloud, provided that you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection. When your iCloud library is not turned on, all of your new captured photos will appear automatically on your iOS 8 and 9 devices. However, if your iCloud library is turned on, your photos will appear in ‘All Photos’, instantly becoming a part of your photo library. Moreover, by turning on My Photo Stream, all of your photos will automatically appear on all your iOS devices, computers and even on your Apple TV.
For iOS Devices
- Go to Settings.
- In the menu that appears, select iCloud.
- A new menu is going to open, select Photos in that menu.
- Turn on My Photo Stream from the Photos menu.
For Windows Computers
- On your computer, download and install iCloud for windows.
- Now open it and turn on photos.
- Now click Options and then My Photo Stream.
- Now Click Apply.
For Mac Computers
- Select system preferences from the Apple menu.
- Now click iCloud and select Photos.
- Now click on Options to see whether My Photo Stream is turned on or not.
For more details, follow the below link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201317
Disadvantages of This Method
- The iCloud server saves the photos and images present in My Photo Stream for a period of only 30 days. So, there is a chance that some of the photos you are trying to recover aren’t available there at all.
- Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch only keeps around 1000 of our most recent photos in the My Photo Stream album. So, once again, there is no surety that the photos you are looking for are even available in the My Photo Stream album.
2 Preview and Get Pictures from iCloud Optionally
Features of iMyFone D-Port iCloud Backup Extractor
iMyFone D-Port iCloud data extractor is a tool through which you can get your photos from iCloud without having to put in much effort. It is a good choice if you just want to get some of the photos because it enables you to extract optionally.
- User-friendly interface.
- It is so powerful that you can extract 20 types of file such as iMessages, pictures, contacts, kik messages, call logs, bookmarks and more with ease.
- It comes with a preview function which allows you to preview data before extraction, so you can get exactly what you need.
- You can not only get the data from iCloud but also from iTunes or directly from iOS devices.
How to Get Pictures from iCloud Selectively
Step 1: First of all, download and install iMyFone D-Port on your computer. Open the program and select the 'Extract Data from Backup' option. Then click 'Download iCloud Backup' under the list of backups on the computer.
Step 2: You will need to enter into your iCloud account. Then select a particular iCloud backup file which contains your lost or deleted photos and click 'Next'. It will turn to another window, and you can choose the data type you want to extract. Here you should choose Photo and App Photo.
Note: iMyFone will not leak out your iCloud account information.
Step 3: Now the program will start the downloading and scanning process to provide you all the photos included in iCloud. Now preview all photos, select the ones that you want to get and press the 'Extract' button. Then you can select a folder on your computer to save them.
In order to get your lost photos from iCloud, it is recommended that you use the reliable data exportation software iMyFone D-Port iCloud data extractor if they have been backed up to iCloud. iMyFone D-Port provides a free trial version, try it now!