I am very fond of capturing pictures and I have hundreds of pictures saved in my iPhone. Yesterday, I was going through my pictures then suddenly something happened to my phone and I lost around 100 of my pictures for no reason. My iCloud backup is turned on and I want my pictures back at any cost. So how do I get my pictures from iCloud? I want some serious suggestions.
1 Get Photos from iCloud by Turning on My Photo Stream
The first way to get pictures from iCloud is to turn on My Photo Stream. By turning on My Photo Stream, all your new photos will be uploaded to iCloud, provided that you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection. When your iCloud library is not turned on, all of your new captured photos will appear automatically on your iOS 8 and 9 devices. However, if your iCloud library is turned on, your photos will appear in ‘All Photos’, instantly becoming a part of your photo library. Moreover, by turning on My Photo Stream, all of your photos will automatically appear on all your iOS devices, computers and even on your Apple TV.
For iOS Devices
- Go to Settings.
- In the menu that appears, select iCloud.
- A new menu is going to open, select Photos in that menu.
- Turn on My Photo Stream from the Photos menu.
For Windows Computers
- On your computer, download and install iCloud for windows.
- Now open it and turn on photos.
- Now click Options and then My Photo Stream.
- Now Click Apply.
For Mac Computers
- Select system preferences from the Apple menu.
- Now click iCloud and select Photos.
- Now click on Options to see whether My Photo Stream is turned on or not.
For more details, follow the below link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201317
Disadvantages of This Method
- The iCloud server saves the photos and images present in My Photo Stream for a period of only 30 days. So, there is a chance that some of the photos you are trying to recover aren’t available there at all.
- Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch only keeps around 1000 of our most recent photos in the My Photo Stream album. So, once again, there is no surety that the photos you are looking for are even available in the My Photo Stream album.
- My Photo Stream is not that safe for recovering lost photos too. Keep in mind that this stream is truly public now. So, people who get this URL are going to be able to see the pictures that are stored in there.
2 Preview and Get Pictures from iCloud Optionally
Features of iMyfone D-Back iCloud Backup Extractor
iMyfone D-Back iCloud data extractor or iCloud data extractor for Mac is one of the best data recovery tools through which you can get back all your lost or deleted data without having to put in much effort. You can recover more than 22 file types including your lost or deleted pictures through 4 data recovery modes. No matter, how you lost your valuable files, this program is completely able to recover any file type with ease. There is also a preview function available which allows you to select the data which you want to recover. Just select any particular mode according to your needs and get back all of your precious data in no time.
- User-friendly interface.
- Recovers 22+ file types such as iMessages, pictures, contacts, kik messages, call logs, bookmarks and more from your device/iCloud backup/iTunes backup with ease.
- Preview the extractable files before performing recovery.
- 4 data recovery modes are available: Smart Recovery, Recover from iCloud Backup, Recover from iTunes Backup and Recover from iOS device.
How to Get Pictures from iCloud Selectively
Step 1: First of all, download and install iMyfone D-Back on your computer. Open the program and select the ‘Recover from iCloud Backup’ option.
Step 2: Now click ‘Start’ to enter into your iCloud account. Now select a particular iCloud backup file which contains your lost or deleted photos and click ‘Next’.
Step 3: Now the program will start the scanning process to provide you all the recovered photos. Now preview all photos, select the ones that you want to restore and press the ‘Recover’ button.
In order to get your lost photos from iCloud, it is recommended that you use the reliable data recovery software iMyfone D-Back iCloud data extractor or iCloud data extractor for Mac instead of the error-prone and vulnerable My Photo Stream.