“I have tons of important information saved in notes of my iPhone. I tried to backup the notes to computer. Can anyone help me out?”
Recently, we came across this question in an Apple forum but the replies were not satisfactory. So, we have undertaken the task to answer it comprehensively. In this article, we are going to show you different ways to backup notes on your iPhone.
1 Backup iPhone Notes to Computer Using iPhone Data Extractor
iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Extractor Win or iPhone Data Extractor Mac is a powerful tool that can help you extract existing data from your iPhone or your iCloud and iTunes Backup. It allows you to get into the device or backup files and selectively extract the notes you need, which you can then save to your computer.
- It supports over 22 files types like WhatsApp messages, Kik messages, contacts, voice memos, notes, photos, videos and many more.
- Supports to recover lost/deleted data on iPhone and extract the existing data on your iPhone to computer.
- It can extract data from iTunes and iCloud without connecting your device.
- You get a smart preview of scanned files so you can only backup necessary items.
- Supports iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 and the latest iOS 10.
Steps to backup iPhone notes to computer using iMyFone D-Back
The process is quite simple and you can do all of it really easily.
Step 1: Install the program and open the program. Click on "Recover from iOS Device" which is the second option on the left side menu. Then select the green “Start” button.
Step 2: Now from the file types select “Notes” in “Memo & others” section and click on “Next.” You will be prompted to connect your iPhone. Use the USB cable to establish the connection. After the program automatically identifies your iPhone, select the “Scan” option.
Step 3: After the scan is complete you will be given a chance to preview the notes. This way you get to backup only the required notes discarding the others. You can even preview only deleted files to save time. Choose the files you want to backup to computer and click on “Recover” at the lower right part of the window. Select a destination on the Mac or PC to save the backup and you are done!
2 Backup Notes on iPhone Using iCloud
iCloud automatically creates backup of iPhone data including your notes. For iCloud, open Settings on iPhone and go to iCloud. Turn on the Notes option if it is disabled. Then navigate to Backup to activate iCloud backup.
3 Backup Notes on iPhone Using iTunes
It is also possible to do the same using iTunes on your computer. To back up notes on your Mac or PC using iTunes, connect your iPhone and open iTunes Summary tab. Then click on the checkbox of this computer, then click on the Back Up Now button to make a full backup of your iPhone on the computer.
- It takes lot of time to create backups
- You will not be able to read and access iTunes backup directly.
4 Backup Notes on iPhone through Gmail
Go to Settings on iPhone and go to Mail. Then select Add account and choose Gmail. Then fill in the credentials to sync the note to Gmail.
- The notes are saved on Gmail and you will need to sign in to access them.
- An internet connection will also be needed when you want to access the Notes.