It is always a wise idea to create backup of the data in our iPhone or any iOS device. You may choose to use iCloud or iTunes backup. Creating an iCloud backup for your data ensures complete safety of your data and you can retrieve them anytime you want to, now and even in the future. The question is, do you know how to get data from iCloud? It is super easy and fast!
In this article we have explained on the various ways you can get data from iCloud backup.
1 Get data from iCloud through iCloud.com
First, you can get your data from iCloud backup through iCloud.com. With the listed steps below, you can easily retrieve your data from iCloud through iCloud.com.
Step 1: Get to http://www.icloud.com/ website on your Mac or PC.
Step 2: Use your Apple ID and Password to login to your iCloud account.
Step 3: iCloud displays a list of backup files available in your account. Click on your device, identify and click on the iCloud backup file that you want to recover .You are be able to access it by clicking it.
Step 4. You can then click on the files and select let us assay photos and download them to your computer.
2 Get data from iCloud using iCloud Control Panel
You can also get data from iCloud using iCloud Control Panel. This is another simple way that you can get back your data from iCloud. Below is a guide showing you how to get data from iCloud with iCloud Control Panel.
Step 1: First you need to download then install iCloud Control Panel on your computer.
Step 2: After you have successfully installed it, sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID username and password.
Step 3: On the iCloud Control Panel window, choose the iCloud backup file and access the data that you want to get back from iCloud backup.
Shortage of the Upper Methods
Getting data from iCloud backup using iCloud.com and iCloud Control Panel is good but also disadvantageous as is below;
Shortage of using iCloud.com
- It is limited to iWork files only and you cannot access other documents such as PDF files.
- Access to wide range of data such as Messages, WhatsApp attachments, call history and photo stream is limited.
- You cannot preview the backup files.
Shortage of using iCloud Control Panel
- It does give room to preview backup files before downloading.
- It can download data that is limited to videos, photos, and others.
3 Get 22+ File Type from iCloud Backup Using 3rd-Party Tool
Lastly, you can get a wide range of data from iCloud backup using a 3rd party tool: iMyfone D-Back iCloud data extractor.
iMyfone D-Back iCloud Data Extractor Software
iMyfone D-Back or iMyfone D-Back for Mac is an iPhone data extractor and recovery tool that is compatible with Mac and Windows iOS devices. It helps extract data directly from devices, from iTunes backup and from iCloud backup. With this software you can selectively extract data and preview them before saving them on your computer. It extracts data from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Its main features include the following;
- It supports many file types including call history, video, app video, text message, kik, kik attachment, Skype history, WhatsApp attachment, video, iMessage, calendar, safari history, note and others.
- It retrieves back data in four ways, which are; Smart recovery, Recover from iTunes backup, Recover directly from iPhone and Recover from iCloud backup.
- It can fix your iOS device to normal in cases where your device is stuck in Apple white logo, black screen, recovery mode and more.
- It can restore data from various situations like when; virus, files accidentally deleted or lost, iPhone damaged or stolen, iPhone passcode is forgotten and iPhone jailbreak.
Steps to Get Data from iCloud Using iMyfone D-Back
Below are the steps on how to get data from iCloud using iMyfone D-Back
Step 1: Choose Recover from iCloud Backup
Launch iMyfone D-Back in your computer then hit on “Recover from iCloud backup “option. Click on “Start” button. Thereafter choose the file types you want to restore then sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID username and password. The program then shows backup files in your account.
Step 2: Select files and Scan
Next, choose the backup file you want to recover your data from then click on “Next” button to get your iCloud backup file.
Step 3: Preview and get the data
When scanning finishes, the program displays data in categories. Preview the data to find the specific data you need then click on “Recover” button to get them and save them on your computer