Apple provided iPod touch as the easiest way to bridge the gap between a smartphone and a laptop. You can surf the internet, listen to audio, watch videos, and save photos. Sometimes you may want to keep some important photos from your iPod touch and look for a way to get the photos off your iPod touch. This text will show you how to do that.
1 Get Photos off iPod touch to Windows Computer
Use the following steps to import the saved photos on your iPod touch to your Windows computer for safety or as a backup.
- Establish a connection to the Windows computer using the Apple provided USB.
- Unlock the screen and enter the code.
- If you see a message that asks to trust this computer, go ahead and click Trust to allow the Windows PC to recognize the device.
- Let us assume that you are using Windows 7 OS. Now, as Windows recognizes the device, you will see the Autoplay window pop-up asking you to choose the best option for exploring the device. From the same screen, choose “Import pictures and videos using Windows” as the choice.
- Click “Import,” and Windows will copy the pictures from the iPod touch. It will then open the folder containing the images after the process is complete.
2 Get Photos off from iPod touch to Mac
- Connect the iPod touch to your Mac using the Apple provided cable.
- Unlock the screen to enter the passcode. If you see the prompt message for trusting the computer, press “Trust” to continue.
- Usually, the Photos app on the Mac opens automatically. However, if it does not open, then open it manually.
- The application will display all the photos on the connected device. If the import tab does not appear, you can click the tab from the top menu bar.
- To import all or a few selected pictures, click them in the checkboxes and press the “Import Selected” button or “Import All New Photos” for all the new pictures.
- After finishing the action, a message appears that asks you to keep the photos or delete them in the device. You can choose a particular action according to your need.
3 Transfer Pictures, Videos, Messages, etc from iPod touch to Computer via iMyfone D-Back
With the help of iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Win or iPhone data recovery for Mac you can easily transfer pictures, videos, text messages, notes, voice memos, bookmarks and more from iPod touch to computer.
How to Use iMyfone D-Back to Get Photos off iPod touch
Step 1: iMyfone is available for free trying. You can get the software from the official site. Install it on your computer, and open the program. The product window will show you the four methods to recover the data. Choose “Recover from iOS Device” and continue to next step.
Step 2: Choose files formats for recovery in next screen.
Step 3: Connect your iPod to the computer after pressing next. Press scan to begin the process.
Step 4: After scanning, it will display all the photos on your iPod touch. Use the preview screen to see the contents. Mark the photos and click recover to save the photos.
Choose a place on your computer to save the files from the iPod touch.