Restoring your iPhone is one way to solve a lot of problems with the device. Restoring the device is for instance, the solution when your device is stuck in recovery mode. But it has one disadvantage; you will lose some of the data on your device when you restore the iPhone.
The bad news is that you are probably panicking, right now. The good news is, you still get the chance to recover the data on your iPhone you lost from a restore. How, you ask? Well, first you should know that just because data has been deleted, doesn’t mean that it is gone forever, with the right tool and the right processes, it could be recoverable. This article will provide you the possibility to recover data from iPhone after restore with the right tool and the right processes.
Recover iPhone Data after Restore using iMyfone D-Back
The right tool to help you recover data from a restored iPhone is none other than iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Win or iPhone data recovery for Mac for the simple reason that it is designed to help you recover missing data from any iOS device in a simple process we shall see shortly. Some of the features that make iMyfone D-Back the best for this particular job include the following.
- You can choose to recover the data directly from the iPhone (if they were not backed up) or from an iCloud or iTunes backup file (if you would rather not restore the device.)
- It can be used to recover a whole host of data types including videos, contacts, photos, call logs, text messages, messags from WhatsApp/Kik/WeChat/Viber, notes, voice memos and more.
- It is very easy to use and supports almost all iOS devices and all versions of the iOS operating system.
- You get the chance to recover data that has been lost through accidental deletion, device damage, iPhone jailbreak attempt gone wrong or other circumstance.
- Not all the lost data can be recovered, because some data may have been overwritten. With iMyfone D-Back you can preview the recoverable data before recovery.
Here’s how to use it to recover data from a restored iPhone. We are going to use the “Recover from iTunes backup” mode and “Recover from iCloud backup” mode.
Part 1 Recover Data from iPhone after Restore via iTunes Backup
Follow these simple steps to recover data from an iTunes backup file.
Step 1: Download and install iMyfone D-Back to your computer and then launch the program. From the main window, select “Recover from iTunes Backup” and click “Start” to continue.
Step 2: in the next window, select the file type to recover and click “Next” to continue.
Step 3: all the iTunes backup files available on that computer will be listed in the next window. Select the one that contains the missing data and click “Scan.”
Step 4: Preview the results and choose the data you want to recover and then click “Recover.”
Part 2 Recover Data from iPhone after Restore via iCloud Backup
Follow these simple steps if you would rather recover the data from an iCloud backup file.
Step 1: Choose “Recover from iCloud Backup” from the main window and then click “Start” to begin.
Step 2: Choose the type of file you want to recover.
Step 3: Sign in to your iCloud account to allow the program to access the iCloud backup files on your account.
Step 4: Select the iCloud backup file that contains the missing data and then click “Next.”
Step 5: wait for the scanning process to be completed (it shouldn’t take too long) and then preview the results to select the lost data. Click “Recover” to save the recovered data to your computer.