Thinking of how you can recover lost data from your iPad after iOS update? Well, there can be a chance that you can lose your iPad data on updating your iPad Pro, iPad Air or iPad mini to iOS 10. However, this should not make you refrain from updating your iOS to the latest iOS 10. Yes, it is a disaster but you should not worry. Why? Because there are solutions to recover your lost data after iOS 10 update. We will introduce to you three ways on how you can recover your data. Read through this article to get the best way for you and get back the lost data from lost data from iPad Pro/Air/mini after iOS 10 update.
1 Restore iPad Pro/Air/mini using iTunes after iOS 10 Update
To restore lost data from iPad and other iDevices, you can you can use iTunes that lets you recover data from iTunes backup. Below are steps to restore iDevices using iTunes.
Step 1: Open your iTunes on your computer. Ensure it is the latest iTunes version.
Step 2: Fix your iPad or iDevice to using a cable.
Step 3: Click on the Device button and tap on Summary tab. Thereafter hit on Restore Backup option. You can also go to File then Devices anf finally Restore from Backup.
Step 4: Pick on the file yo want to recover from the list of files that shows up. Lastly, click on Restore.
2 Restore iPad Pro/Air/mini using iCloud after iOS 10 Update
Another way to restore lost data from iPad and other iDevices is by restoring from iCloud backup. Steps to Restore iDevices using iCloud:
Step 1: on your iDevice, get to Settings tab then tap General and then clik on Erase All Content and Settings tab.
Step 2: All content and settings will be erased from your iDevice. Thereafter go Setup Assistant mode with a Hello screen.
Step 3: Swipe on the screen to begin the setup process on your iDevice then connect to a WiFi network.
Step 4: Tap on Restore from iCloud backup and sign in to iCloud using your own Apple ID.
Step 5: Pick on the iCloud backup for your iDevice data that you would want to recover and after some few minutes you will get your data back on your iDevice.
Disadvantages of Using iTunes/iCloud Restore Method
Restoring iPhone or iPad data using iTunes or iCloud is and efficient and effective way but it also has some drawbacks. Here are some of these disadvantages.
- All the data and settings can be overwritten after you have restored your iPhone or iPad using iCloud or iTunes.
- Restoring data with iTunes and iCloud does not give you the priviledge to preview files and so you cannot selectively choose certain files to restore.
- To restore your iDevice using iCloud, it needs a stable Wi-Fi connection that is quick to allow you not spend a lot of time in restoring your data. You also need a wi-fi network to make iTunes backup of your data.
- The processes may consume a lot of time.
3 Recover Lost iPad Pro/Air/mini Data without/from Backup After iOS 10 Update
iMyfone D-Back iPad data recovery Win or iPad data recovery Mac is an iPhone data recovery software that can recover lost data from iOS Devices like iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. It retrieves files types such as photo, contacts, notes, bookmark and many more. It is compatible with Windows and Mac OS. It can restore data without or from backup after iOS 10 update.
- It recovers data of files like calendar, call history, bookmark, video, photo, note, contacts and more.
- It can preview data before you recover the lost data.
- It restore lost data from all iDevices such as iPad mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus and more.
- It can restore files lost due to many reasons including a phone jailbreak, iPhone attack by virus and others.
- It restores lost data easily in four ways: Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS device, Recover from iTunes backup and Recover from iCloud backup.
Get Back Lost iPad Pro/Air/mini Data Selectively after iOS 10 Update
Step 1: Choose the reocvery mode. If you haven't made any backup before, select "Recover from iOS device" to try to find the lost data directly from iPad Pro/Air/mini. If you don't want to use iTunes/iCloud method, then simply choose "Recover from iTunes backup" or "Recover from iCloud backup" to extract data from your previous iPad backup selectively without overwriting the existing data on iPad..
Step 2: Then the program will start to scan your iPad or iTunes/iCloud backup according to the recovery mode and the file type you choose.
Step 3: When the scan is complete, you can view the lost data before recovery. Simply choose the data you want to keep and click on "Recover" button.
Must-Have Tools for iOS 10 Devices
Get a new iPhone, don’t know how to deal with the old one? Umate Pro will help you erase all personal data for privacy protection.
Lost important data when upgrading to iOS 10? D-back will get all your lost iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch data back.