When you have an iPhone, you may decide to store important data in it. However sometimes you may loose your iPhone or you accidentally delete the data from your iPhone. For this reason, it is always safe to create a backup of your iPhone data so that you can retrieve them in the case of any problem. You can choose to create a backup of your data in iTunes. Creating a backup of the data in iTunes allows you to extract the data anytime you need to.
This article explains how you can selectively recover iPhone data from iTunes. Moreover, it takes you through how you can use a software tool to restore the data.
Disadvantages of Fully Restoring Using iTunes
Though restoring iPhone data with iTunes is of significance, it can be disadvantageous too. Some of the disadvantages are;
- It may result to data loss. When you restore iDevice on iTunes, your iPhone or iPad will only be restored to the last time you did the backup. That means you will lose all the data created between the time your iPhone was last updated to iCloud and the moment you will restore your iDevice.
- It requires a stable internet connection. To be able to effectively restore iPhone data from the Internet you need to ensure you have a stable Internet connection or else the restoration process will fail.
- It might take a longer time to restore. Using iTunes to restore your iPhone may be time-consuming. The time it takes to complete restoration of data depends on the files size and large files may take longer time.
- It does not support selective recovery. When restoring data with iTunes, it does not allow you to preview the data before you can restore. It does not allow you to choose specific data to restore from your iPhone.
How to Selectively Recover iPhone's Data from iTunes
You can selectively recover iPhone’s data from iTunes with iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery software.
Tool You'll Need - iMyfone D-Back iPhone data Recovery
iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac is an iPhone data recovery tool that is compatible with Mac and Windows OS. It supports to extract data from iTunes/iCloud backup file or recover data directly from iPhone without backup.
- It can recover data from an iOS device in 4 ways; Smart recovery mode, Recover from your iOS device, Recover from iTunes backup, and Recover from iCloud Backup.
- Restore very many file types. The file it supports includes Kik, notes, call history, iMessage, contacts WhatsApp attachment, text message , Voice Memo, videos and others.
- It has a ‘Fix iOS to Normal’ feature that can repair your iDevice to work as normal. You can fix your device from anywhere anytime.
- It can restore files from almost all iPhone devices, it supports iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 4, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus and more, it also supports iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5, iPad among others.
Steps to Selectively Recover iPhone's Data from iTunes
iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery software allows you to recover data easily .By following the steps below, you can easily restore your iPhone data from iTunes anytime.
Step 1: Choose Recover from iTunes Backup
First launch iMyfone D-Back program on your computer then select “Recover from iTunes backup”. Then click on Start button. From there select the file types that you want to restore.
Step 2: Pick on the backup file and Scan
Next, choose the iTunes backup file that you want to scan then hit the “Scan” button. The program will then look for the files.
Step 3: Preview the data then Restore
Before restoring your iPhone, iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win / iPhone data recovery Mac allows you to preview your data before recovering them. Check through the files extracted and identify the one that you want to restore. Pick on them then save them on your computer by clicking them “Recover” button. From there you can select where you prefer to save your extracted files.