Even iPhone has been developed to offer a recovery option, losing iPhone data, especially iMessages is not rarely for iPhone users and brings many troubles for users’ communication. I know that lots of users have backed up their iPhone to iCloud, which makes recovering iMessages from iCloud possible.
And this article will show two effectual methods showing how to restore iMessage from iCloud backup no matter how the your iMessages are lost. Go on with the article to acquire more information.
- Method 1: Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup
- Method 2: Recover iMessages from iCloud Backup without Resetting (iOS 10 Supported)
1 Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone before losing your iMessages, you can restore your iPhone and get your iMessages back on your iPhone. See the procedures below.
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Backup.
- Slide iCloud Backup to off.
- Connect iPhone to iTunes on computer.
- Click Restore on the page, and click No when asked to make a backup.
- After erasing, log in your iCloud account and select Restore from iCloud Backup.
- After the restoration, all your data, of course including iMessages, will be back.
However, to get back iMessages by restoring iPhone from iCloud backup will overwrite the current data on your iPhone. And one more disadvantage: if you want recover just some iMessages instead of all the data, this method may not be suitable for you. In the second part we will introduce a useful method by which you could recover only the iMessages you need from iCloud to computer without resetting your device.
2 Recover Only iMessages from iCloud Backup Using iMyfone D-Back
Own a recent iCloud backup but only want to restore the important messages? Recovering iMessages from iCloud could be easy by using iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Win or iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Mac. With only three steps: Select - Preview - Recover, you can easily get the iMessages in your iCloud backup files. Check more features of this tool:
- Supports recovering deleted or existing 22+ types of file from iPhone such as photos, video, contact, text messages, call log, voice memo, WhatsApp messages, Kik messages etc.
- Supports extracting the desired files from unreadable iTunes backup files or iCloud backup files.
- Allows to preview the recoverable or extractable files before recovery.
- It's compatible with almost all iDevice such as iPhone 7/6s(Plus)/6(Plus)/5s/5c/5/4s/4, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 10/9/8/7.
Steps to Recover iMessages from iCloud Backup without Resetting
Step 1: Download and install iMyfone D-Back on your Windows or Mac computer. From the primary window, click "Recover from iCloud Backup" option.
Step 2: Choose Message in the following window and click on the "Next" button.
Step 3: Login your iCloud account and the program will detect the iCloud backup files and display the available backups on the window.
Step 4: Press "Next" to search for iMessages. After completion, you will see that messages in the preview window. You can pick the ones that you want to extract and press "Recover" button.
Step 5: A small dialogue box appears, which asks you to choose the destination to save the files. Pick a folder on your PC and wait for the program to complete the process.
As seen from the article, iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Win or iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Mac is a useful and an essential iPhone data recovery software for all the iPhone users. This software relieves all you worry about losing important iMessages. And its free trial version is offered for both Windows and Mac users. Install it today on your computer and get yourself out of the worry.