People relish making a daily schedule and having an alarm to let know about the upcoming events on their iPhone. It is handy for business people and schedulers who have an important role to play in their professional life. However, there is a possibility of data loss due to accidental deletion, jailbreak, device crash, or iOS upgrade. Irrespective of the situation, you will lose all the important calendar events. How do you get them back?
There are two ways to recover the lost or deleted content of calendar from your iPhone using iCloud. We will list the 2 methods in following texts.
Way 1 Entirely Restore Your iPhone from iCloud
iPhone creates a backup of calendars and reminders together in iCloud and you can restore the entire backup to get your calendars back. However, restoring from an older iCloud backup will remove the content and set up in calendars and reminders added from the date of the backup. It is useful to retrieve the data only when you notice corrupted calendars and reminders or when you lost a significant amount of data.
- Launch Safari browser or any other browser of your choice.
- Head to iCloud.com.
- Enter your iCloud account details.
- Click on "Settings".
- Click "Restore Calendars and Reminders" under "Advanced" at the bottom left.
- Click the "Restore" at the right side of the archive that you would like to restore.
- Click "Restore" to conform.
Disadvantages of restoring calendars directly from iCloud
- You will lose all the data that you entered in the calendar from the date of your last backup.
- Instead of downloading only the needed content, you will have to download the entire archive.
Way 2 Retrieve Only Calendar from iCloud via 3rd-Party Tool
A better way wherein you can only get the required content from the calendar is by using iMyFone D-Port iCloud Backup Extractor.
Unlike downloading the entire archive from your iCloud backup, iMyFone D-Port gives you the opportunity to retrieve only particular data from the calendar. Its technology helps in viewing the files in iCloud backup, from which you can get the needed files without having to restore the entire backup.
Functions efficiently in extracting data from iCloud backup/iTunes backup/iOS devices, the features incorporated make the iMyFone program a class-leading application. Some of its features are:
- Supports to extract 20 file types, such as contacts, messages, videos, photos, voice, WhatsApp messages and more.
- You can preview calendar events in iCloud/iTunes backup before extraction.
- View data in backup files without restoring them onto iOS devices.
- You can backup your iOS devices selectively. That means you can either make a full backup or just backup messages, WhatsApp data, WeChat data separately.
- 30-day money back guarantee and free trial version are offered for users.
Steps to Restore Calendars Only from iCloud
Step 1: Start the program after finishing the installation. From the main window, choose "Extract Data from Backup" tab. Click the "Download iCloud Backup" button.
Step 2: The application will ask you for your iCloud account details. Input login details so that the software will check for backup files in the account.
From the list, choose the backup file from which you want to retrieve calendar. Click "Next" to allow the application to download the backup file.
Then you will be asked to choose the data type(s) that you want to restore from iCloud. Here you choose Calendar. Click Next, then the program will start to download the backup.
Step 3: iMyFone D-Port will show the results after finishing the download. You can preview and select the calendars that you would like to restore, and continue by clicking the "Extract" button.
Step 4: A small window will open up asking you to pick the destination folder. Choose or create a destination on the computer, and allow it to complete the procedure. You have successfully restored the data. Browse the folder to see the calendars.
With the help of iMyFone D-Port iCloud Backup Extractor, you can restore only the needed files without the hassle of restoring the whole backup file. As you can see, in simple steps, you can complete the extraction process after which you are good to go with using the calendar.
And what are you waiting for? Just download it for free try!