In case, your iPhone, iPod, or iPad ever gets lost, stolen, or damaged you can easily restore all your data using the backup in iTunes. This is one of the most common problems faced by Apple users. But Apple proved an easy and fast way to solve this problem which allows you to always be assured that all of your data is easily retrievable in case of any problem.
1 Restore from iTunes Backup with iTunes
You can easily restore iTunes backup to your iPhone at any time by following the steps below.
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB wire.
- Open the iTunes app.
- If your device is new or erased, iTunes will prompt you to restore your device from the backup.
- If not, control-click on your iPhone under Devices in the menu.
- Choose Restore from Backup.
- Choose the backup you wish to sync and click Restore.
Disadvantages of restoring your device with iTunes?
- While restoring your device using iTunes, the major disadvantage is that it does not allow you to preview the data and individually select which files you would like to restore, instead, it only allows you the option to restore all the data.
- You need to have an internet connection in order to back up your device
- Many users experience that the transfer is slow especially with larger files. Depending on the content it may take a few hours or a few days to complete the restore
2 Restore iPhone from iTunes backup Selectively Using iMyfone D-Back
iMyfone D-Back iTunes Backup Extractor is one of the best iPhone recovery software to restore your device. It supports iPhone, iPad and also iPod and even allows you to restore files selectively after previewing them. You can recover messages, notes, videos and pictures from broken or jailbroken devices. This software is easy and user-friendly and comes with a vast array of helpful features.
iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery (compatible with iOS 14/13/12/11)
- It has an integrated preview feature
- it allows data to be recovered from devices that are broken, locked, jailbroken, or virus attacked
- it supports different iOS devices including iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone6 plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad, iPad mini, iPad air and also iPod, amongst others
- it allows recovery of data like text messages, iMessages, call history, WhatsApp messages, Skype history, Safari history, reminders, videos, photos, notes, calendars, and even Kik
- It comes with four recovery modes; Recover from iOS, smart recovery, recover from iCloud and recover from iTunes
- it also supports Mac 10.7 and above along with for Windows it supports XP, Vista, 7,8 and 9
1 Launch the program and select recovery mode
After installing the software, you need to select the recovery mode. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup, You can also choose to recover from iOS devices, Recover from iCloud Backup or Smart Recovery.
2 Select backup file and scan
You must select the backup file that you wish to restore and click on the scan. This will immediately start the scanning process. In the case of iCloud, you must sign in and access your files and then choose an iCloud backup. Click Scan.
3 Preview and Recover the Files
After the files have been scanned, the individual files will be displayed as Messages, Call log, Third-Party IM APP, Photos and videos, and others. You can click on the data type you want and preview texts and files. From there mark the iTunes Backup files you wish to recover and then click "Recover".
This amazing software allows you to easily restore your device without the disadvantages of restoring using iTunes or iCloud. Why not download and install iMyfone D-Back?