Hey there! Yesterday I deleted some data on my iPhone 6 Plus to save up space for it. However I found some useful text messages were deleted without my attention! I back up my iPhone to iCloud via Wi-Fi every night. But I don’t know how to retrieve text messages from iCloud specifically. Can anyone tell me some methods on how to retrieve messages from iCloud? —— Govind
Data lost situation, like Govind’s, is not rare at all. Actually our important data on iOS device could be lost for kinds of reasons. But everything becomes easy after Apple launched iCloud on October 12, 2011. Provided the iOS device is connected to a power source, a Wi-Fi network and is locked, it could be backed up to iCloud automatically. If you data is lost, you can retrieve data from iCloud.
And the article will show two methods on how to retrieve backup from iCloud entirely or partly. Go on with it and find the most suitable method to solve your problem.
Part 1 Entirely Retrieve Backup from iCloud onto Your iOS Device
If you iOS device is replaced, lost, or damaged and you get a new one, or you wanna restore or reset the setting of your iOS device, to retrieve backup from iCloud entirely is exactly what you need. See the detailed operating steps.
- First go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings” to make your device back to its original state.
- Then, from the Apps & Data screen, tap “Restore from iCloud Backup” and then sign in to iCloud.
- You will be presented with a list of available iCloud backups to choose from, and you can proceed to choose the appropriate backup.
- After using the iCloud backup to restore your data, you can restore all your previous apps, photos, contacts, calendar and other contents.
And for Govind, he can check his deleted messages on the restored iPhone 6 Plus now.
Part 2 Selectively Retrieve Data from iCloud Backup
But what to do if Govind only need to retrieve messages from iCloud instead of the whole backup? Or the current iPhone data is important and he wanna keep them? Well, he need one iOS data recovery software. Here we recommend iMyfone D-Back iCloud data extractor for Win or iCloud data extractor for Mac.
- Part recovery saves time hugely.
- Easily preview the data before recovery.
- Extremely easy and user-friendly interface.
- Retrieve data onto computer to avoid data overwriting.
- 22 file formats from different iOS devices are supported.
How to Selectively Retrieve Backup from iCloud with iMyfone D-Back
With only three easy steps: select – preview - recover, iMyfone D-Back can retrieve needed data from iCloud backup. See the following procedures.
1 Select the needed file types and log in iCloud backup for subsequent scan.
2 Choose a relevant iCloud backup file from which you want to extract.
3 After scan, preview the recoverable data and select which ones are in need. Click on Recover and choose one folder to store the recovered data onto PC or Mac.
Tthere are several methods to retrieve backup from iCloud, you need to choose the one which suits your situation and purpose. The ease of access and the simplicity which is provided by iMyfone D-Back iCloud data extractor for Win or iCloud data extractor for Mac makes data recovery so easy to complete. And remember that not only messages, but also call logs, photos, videos, calendars, and data from third party apps are supported to retrieve. Just download the free trial version to detect your data in iCloud backup now!