Hey there! Yesterday I deleted some data on my iPhone 6 Plus to save up space for it. However I found some useful text messages were deleted without my attention! I back up my iPhone to iCloud via Wi-Fi every night. But I don’t know how to retrieve text messages from iCloud. Can anyone tell me some methods on how to retrieve messages from iCloud? —— Govind
Data lost situation, like Govind's, is not rare at all. Actually our important data on iOS devices could be lost for kinds of reasons. But everything becomes easy after Apple launched iCloud on October 12, 2011. Provided the iOS device is connected to a power source, a Wi-Fi network and locked device screen, it could be backed up to iCloud automatically. If you data on iOS devices is lost, you can retrieve it from iCloud.
And the article will show two methods on how to retrieve data from iCloud backup entirely or partially. Go on with it and find the most suitable method to solve your problem.
Part 1 Entirely Retrieve Backup from iCloud onto Your iOS Device
If you iOS device is replaced, lost, or damaged and you get a new one, or you wanna restore or reset the setting of your iOS device, to retrieve backup from iCloud entirely is exactly what you need. See the detailed operating steps.
- First go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings” to make your device back to its original state.
- Then, from the Apps & Data screen, tap “Restore from iCloud Backup” and then sign in to iCloud.
- You will be presented with a list of available iCloud backups to choose from, and you can proceed to choose the appropriate backup.
- After using the iCloud backup to restore your data, you can restore all your previous apps, photos, contacts, calendar and other contents.
And for Govind, he can check his deleted messages on the restored iPhone 6 Plus now.
Part 2 Selectively Retrieve Data from iCloud Backup
But what to do if Govind only needs to retrieve messages from iCloud instead of restoring the whole backup? Or the existing iPhone data is important and he wants to keep them? Well, he need one iCloud backup extractor. Here we recommend iMyFone iTransor Lite iCloud data extractor. See its excellent features which will help you easily retrieve data in iCloud backup.
- Extracts data from iTunes backup or iPhone/iPad/iPod easily.
- Backs up your iPhone completely or partialy. You can restore the backup to your iOS devices selectively using iMyFone iTransor Lite Pro.
- Retrieves partial data in iCloud backup saves time hugely.
- Extremely easy and user-friendly interface.
- Retrieves data onto computer to avoid data overwriting on your iPhone.
- Locates iCloud backup from different iOS devices.
How to Selectively Retrieve Backup from iCloud with iMyFone iTransor Lite
With only three easy steps: select – preview - export, iMyFone iTransor Lite can retrieve needed data from iCloud backup. See the following procedures.
1 Select the Needed File Types
Launch iMyFone iTransor Lite and then click Extract Data from Backup from the left panel. Then click Download iCloud Backup to continue.
2 Log in iCloud Account and Choose iCloud backup
Then you need to log in your iCloud account. The program will find all the backups in the account and choose the one which you want to extract data from.
Once you click "Next", you need to choose the data type(s) that you want to extract from your iCloud backup. You can of course choose all the data types.
3 Preview and Export Data in iCloud Backup
After scan, preview the found data and select which ones are in need. Click on "Extract" and choose one folder to store the data on PC or Mac.
There are several methods to retrieve data from iCloud backup, you need to choose the one which suits your situation and purpose. The ease of access and the simplicity which is provided by iMyFone iTransor Lite iCloud data extractor makes data extract from iCloud backup so easy to complete. And remember that not only messages, but also photos, videos and data from third party apps are supported to retrieve from iCloud. Just download the Free Trial version to detect your data in iCloud backup now!