Help! I lost my iPhone recently. Fortunately I have the habit of backing up my iPhone running iOS 11 regularly so I know my data is safe. Here my question is that I’m unaware about how to retrieve Viber, which is the most frequently used SNS app for me, from my backup. I have iTunes backup, and I turned iCloud on before my iPhone lost. Can anybody tell me how to retrieve Viber history from iPhone backup?
As an increasingly popular SNS app owing about 800 million users worldwide, Viber data is important for users. Correspondingly, situation like what Derek is facing is common. So here we offer top 3 ways to retrieve Viber from iPhone backup for iOS Viber users to refer.
1 Retrieve Viber History from iTunes Backup
If there is a case when your iPhone gets lost, stolen or damaged, you can easily restore all your date using the backup in iTunes. Apple has proved an easy and fast way to make that and you can just follow the steps.
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac that is used to back up your iPhone.
- Connect your device to the computer with USB cable.
- Select your device i.e. iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
- In Summary panel, select Restore Backup…
- Look at the date and size and then you can pick the most relevant.
- Click on Restore and then wait for the restore time to complete.
- Keep your device connected to wait for it to sync with your computer.
2 Retrieve Viber Messages from iCloud Backup
If you have turned on your iCloud Backup on, probably your Viber is backed up automatically to your iCloud and you can retrieve Viber history from it. See the following steps.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to erase your iPhone.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data Screen and then tap on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with using your Apple ID.
- Choose the most relevant backup which includes your Viber history.
- Sign in using your Apple ID to restore your apps and purchases.
- Wait until the progress bar complete the restore and stay connected.
3 Retrieve Viber History from iPhone Backup Selectively and Safely (iOS 11 Supported)
But how to do if you want to retrieve Viber messages and attachment only instead of the whole backup? Or you want to keep the existing data on your iPhone? Here comes iMyFone D-Back iOS Backup Extractor (Windows/Mac version) to solve your problem. With excellent features, iMyFone D-Back can retrieve your Viber data easily.
iMyFone D-Back Benefits
- Preview Viber messages and attachment to selectively choose what you exactly need.
- Extract data from iTunes/iCloud backup onto computer to avoid data overwriting.
- Besides Viber, also extract WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik history.
- Support iOS versions running on different iOS devices, including iOS 11 and iPhone 8.
Easy Steps to Retrieve Viber from iPhone Backup with iMyFone D-Back
iMyFone D-Back can extract Viber messages and attachment from both iTunes and iCloud backups. The whole operation procedure is pretty easy and user-friendly. Here we take extracting Viber from iTunes as example and extracting Viber iCloud backup is with similar steps.
Step 1. Select File Type and iTunes Backup
Open iMyFone D-Back on the computer you have backed up your iPhone. From Recover from iTunes Backup option, select Viber and click Next to choose the iTunes backup include your Viber history.
Step 2. Scan iTunes Backup and Preview Viber Data
After iMyFone D-Back searching your Viber history, it will list all the Viber messages and attachment for your preview. You can choose all of them, or just check the ones you need to extract.
Step 3. Choose Folder to Store Viber Data
Click Recover after checking the data you need and choose one folder on your computer to store your Viber messages and attachment. Just wait a few seconds, you can view your data on your computer.
Now you may get how to retrieve Viber history from backup. Provides more flexibility and convenience, iMyFone D-Back iOS Backup Extractor (Windows/Mac version) which is completely compatible with iOS 11 is definitely a better choice. As simply you can download the free trial version on your PC and preview your Viber history!