“Even though I have carefully used my iPhone, I lost data due to virus attack. I have many important documents stored within the device. Could anyone help me retrieve the data?”
Downloading various applications and constant use of the Internet also makes the iPhone vulnerable. At some point in time, any individual will come across such a situation. A virus attack usually corrupts the system and the content present in the phone. It would be difficult to get back the data if one is not cautious. Even after taking several measures, if you still encounter a virus attack, then read ahead as we give you the solution to retrieve your data.
1 Steps to restore from an iTunes/iCloud backup
Step 1: Launch iTunes and check for updates.
Step 2: Establish connection of your iPhone with the computer. Under the devices menu, select your phone.
Step 3: Backup data by pressing “Back Up Now” button. Begin restoring the iPhone by pressing “Restore iPhone” and choosing “Restore” for confirming the action.
Step 4: Wait until the restoration completes. Press “Restore from this backup” to begin restoring from the earlier backup. It will reinstall all the settings, content, and applications on your device. Wait until the process is complete. You can then browse the device. to check for the retrieved content.
2 Steps to restore from iCloud backup
Step 1: Tap “Settings” application on your iPhone. Select “iCloud”. Tap “Backup.”Switch “iCloud backup” button to “on”. Press “Back Up Now” button.
Step 2: Once again open the “Settings” app from the main menu. Select “General”>“Reset”.“Erase All Content and Settings”. Enter your passcode, if any, and press “Erase iPhone” a final confirmation. Wait till the method is complete.
Step 3: As soon as restoration completes, iPhone will power off automatically. Upon restarting, you will see the welcoming screen. Choose “Restore from iCloud backup.” Login with your Apple ID. Once done, the software will begin downloading the available backup files. After completion, you will be able to get back the device in its original state.
3 Alternative Method to Save iPhone Data
Apart from using the steps above, you can also use third-party retrieval software in recovering data from iPhone. One such software package that specializes in retrieving lost data from iPhone or iPhone backup is iMyfone D-Back. It specializes as a recovery tool for all the Apple devices. You can easily restore and recover data from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in a simple and quick procedure.
iMyfone D-Back stands out from the rest of the recovery programs due to its fascinating features. The following are the features that make it as the leading retrieval tool:
- It is capable of recognizing over 22 different file formats. It means you can easily recover any file or document from your iPhone without having to worry about data loss.
- It is capable of retrieving data from the device without actually understanding the reason behind for the data loss. It means you can recover data from a broken, jailbreak or corrupted device.
- It displays the recoverable data as a preview. You could easily see all the information that is retrievable and only pick the important ones rather than downloading the entire data. The selective recovery and display of the data as the preview is an added advantage.
- It provides complete support for all the models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can easily establish a connection with any of the model and begin the recovery process to retrieve data and restore the particular device back to its working condition.
- Apart from recovering all the data, iMyfone D-Back also creates a new backup of the retrieved data and that of the existing content and settings. You do not have to worry about the previous backup, as it does not overwrite the file.