The data of any important app or folder should be backed up consistently as accidental deletion of data or loss of data as a result of a virus attack is always a threat. Messages app is considered as one of the most important apps because it contains different precious conversations between you and your friends or family. As it contains your precious data, you should try to save those conversations by creating a backup. If you have lost text messages on iPhone and don’t know how to recover them then here are 3 solutions that can help you ion recovering your lost text messages on iPhone running iOS 10.3/10.2/10.1/10/9/8/7.
3 Solutions For Whom Have Lost iPhone Text Messages
Below are the 3 solutions through which you can recover your lost text messages.
1 Recover text messages using iTunes backup
- The first thing you need to do is to disable the automatic synchronization because automatic sync can create problems when you would look to restore your deleted text messages.
- Now connect your iPhone with the computer with the help of data cable. The iTunes will open automatically.
- Locate your device which will appear at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on your device to open the summary tab.
- Click on the ‘Restore backup’ button in iTunes.
- Now wait for a few minutes as iTunes would get to work to restore all your lost messages and other files to your iPhone.
Keep in mind that iTunes will only help you in recovering your lost text messages if you have previously backed up your device with iTunes. Moreover, it’s important that you create a backup of your recent data with iTunes first because the previous backed up data will erase all the new content in your iPhone.
2 Recover text messages using iCloud backup
- The first thing you need to do is to erase your iPhone. Go to ‘Settings’, select ‘General’, select ‘Reset’ and tap on ‘Erase all content and settings’.
- After erasing all content, your device will ask you what to do by giving you some options. Select ‘Restore from iCloud backup’.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to proceed.
- Wait for a few minutes to get all your content including your text messages from iCloud backup.
iCloud is only capable of recovering the data which has been backed up already. If you won’t back up your text messages consistently, iCloud won’t be able to help you out with the method proposed above. You should also remember that before you start any restoration, you must create a backup of your new files. The new data in your phone may be wiped out during the restore.
3 Recover iPhone text messages From/Without Backup using 3rd party Tool
iMyFone D-Back or iMyFone D-Back for Mac is one of the best data recovery tools which can identify and recover your lost data without any much effort. The user-interface is very simple that anyone can use this tool to get back all the lost data, no matter how you lost it. This iMyfone D-Back tool supports more than 22 file types so there is no need to worry about any file type. Moreover, detailed preview function allows the users to view the lost data and also allows them to select the data they want to recover.
- User-friendly interface.
- Preview function is there to help you in selecting particular files to recover.
- 4 data recovery moods are there: Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iCloud Backup
- All the iOS devices and iOS versions including iOS 10.3 are supported.
Steps to Recover lost text messages using iMyfone D-Back
Below are the simple steps through which you can recover lost text messages from iPhone if you lost iPhone SMS by using the iMyFone D-Back software.
The first step which you have to do is to download and install the iMyFone D-Back program on your computer. Choose the mode you want: Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iCloud Backup.
Now the program will ask you about the file type which you want to recover. Select ‘Messages’ and how you lost the data.
Now the program will start scanning your iPhone to recover deleted text messages from iOS device, iCloud backup or iTunes backup regarding the mode you choose. After completing the scanning process, your messages will be shown. Now select “only show the deleted” to preview all the deleted messages. Now select your deleted messages and click the ‘Recover’ button.
All of the above 3 solutions are ideal for recovering your lost messages. Just select any solution and get back your messages without any problem. If you want try with iMyFone D-Back or iMyFone D-Back for Mac (compatible with iOS 10.3), please download the trial Version below.