We are highly dependent on iPhone while sending messages or iMessages to our friends, family members, or colleagues. No doubt, people are more likely to send messages then directly making a phone call.
Can you imagine a day without using your phone? Or can you imagine a day without sending iMessages? Well, this little problem can turn into a big hassle if not dealt with quickly.
As this article depicts the iMessage not sending problem, let’s get straight to the point. Follow this article and learn more about how to solve or troubleshoot your iPhone to resolve this problem.
Part 1: Reasons Why My iMessages Not Sending?
There can be several reasons why iPhone is not able to send iMessages. These problems can either on your iPhone or the recipient’s iPhone. Therefore, if you are unable to send iMessages to a certain user, try sending it to another iPhone user. If the message is sent - your iMessages not sending problem is already solved. If you are still not able to send iMessages or messages, this can be due to one of the following reasons:
- Unsupported messages type.
- iMessages is disabled.
- iOS is not up to date and needs an update.
- Incorrect time and date.
Part 2: Solutions to Fix iPhone iMessage Not Sending
Following are some common solutions to getting your iMessages working again.
Solution 1: Quick to Fix iMessages Messed up Problem without Data Loss
If you face this issue with iMessage and want to find a quick and reliable way to fix it, you are in the right place. iMyFone D-Back is certainly the best data recovery and Fix iOS software for iPhone. Using D-Back, you can easily fix your iOS problems within minutes.
Steps to Resolve iMessage Not Sending Problem Using Fix Function
Step 1.Open the iMyFone D-Back on your computer.
Step 2.Click on the “Fix iOS System” and connect your iPhone with the computer. You will see three modes of the Fix iOS system on the next screen. Select the “Standard Mode”.
Step 3.You need put your iPhone in the DFU or recovery mode to start the troubleshooting process.
Step 4.On the next screen, it will automatically detect your iPhone version and you can select the compatible firmware for your device.
Step 5.Download the firmware, then click “Start to Fix” and complete the process.
Please note that the standard mode will not affect your device, but the advanced mode will. If you want to use some common ways, you can find them below.
Solution 2: Sign out and in iMessage
- Open “Settings” and tap “Messages”.
- Now slide down and tap “Send & Receive”.
- Enter your Apple Id on the next screen and tap “Sign out”.
- You have been singed out of iMessage.
- Repeat the process to sign in to iMessage.
Solution 3: Turn off and on iMessage
Sometimes, iMessages may temporarily turn off the messaging system due to a fatal network connection. This can be solved by logging out and logging into the iMessages again.
- Go to “Settings” and tap “Messages”.
- Turn off the bar next to “iMessages” and turn off your iPhone.
- Now turn your iPhone again and use the same method to turn on the iMessages bar.
Solution 4: Check Network Connection
The fatal network connection can also prevent iMessages from sending. Here is how you can check network connection on iPhone.
- Go to “Settings” and tap “General”.
- Tap “Reset” and the select “Reset Network Settings”.
- Complete the process by rebooting the iPhone.
Solution 5: Reset All Settings
Note that resetting all settings on iPhone only sets the settings to default and will not delete any data. Here is how you can do.
- Open “Settings” go to “General”.
- Now select “Reset” at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
Solution 6: Check Date & Time
Here is how you can check if your network connection is working and is not the reason why iMessage not sending on iPhone.
- Open “Settings” and tap “General”.
- Slide down and tap “Date & Time”.
- Check if the “Set Automatically” in the Date & Time settings is turned on.
- If it is off, turn it on.
Solution 7: Update iPhone to Latest Version
Check if you have the latest software update installed on your iPhone. Here is how you can do it.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi connection.
- Tap “Settings” and then select “General”.
- Tap “Software Update”.
- Scan, download, and install the update - if there is any.
Solution 8: Restore iPhone with iTunes Backup (with Data Loss)
Follow the below steps to restore iPhone data with iTunes backup after fixing the device.
- Open the iTunes on your desktop computer or Mac
- Connect the iPhone with the desktop and wait for a few moments for the iTunes to detect your iPhone.
- If you are using an encryption, enter the iTunes passcode.
- Select your iOS device from the screen. Now click on the “Restore backup” and restore your iPhone data.
Solution 9: Reset Your iPhone as a New One (with Data Loss)
If the problem persists, you might have to factory reset your iPhone for the better good. However, make sure to make a backup of your iPhone on iTunes or iCloud to restore it later. Following are the steps to reset your iPhone as a new one.
- Go to “Settings” and then tap “General”.
- Now tap “Reset” and then select “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
- Enter your iPhone passcode and press “Erase iPhone” on the dialogue box.
- Note that you will also have to enter your Apple ID password to complete the process.
- iPhone will erase all of its content and reboot itself.
Solution 10: Restore iPhone with iCloud Backup (with Data Loss)
Follow the below steps to restore iPhone data with iCloud backup after fixing the device.
- Turn on your iOS device.
- Complete the iPhone setup and click “Restore from iCloud Backup” on the App & Data” Page.
- Sign in to the iCloud account using your Apple ID.
- Select the most recent backup you made and complete the backup process.
Note that if you had already set up the iPhone, you will again have to Erase all Contents and Settings to restore iPhone.
Part 3: Tips to Recover iMessages on iPhone after Fixing
iMyFone D-Back is certainly the best solution to all your iPhone problems. The data recovery feature is as good as the Fix iOS system tool. It comes with an easy installation and provides an easy-to-use interface. This means you don’t have to be a tech-enthusiast.
Steps to Recover iMessages on iPhone without Backups
Step 1.Launch iMyFone D-Back on Mac or PC.
Step 2.Click on the tab “Recover from iOS device” and then click “Start”.
Step 3.Connect the iPhone with the desktop and wait for a few moments until iMyFone shows iPhone on the screen and click “Next”.
Step 4.Select the type of files you want like “Messages” and then click “Scan” to proceed.
Step 5.After scanning, iMyFone will show a list of the recoverable items. Select want you need and click “Recover” to complete.
iMessage is an important asset for every iPhone user. We hope any of the above solutions could help you resolve the iMessage problem on iPhone. Please make sure to make backups of your valuable data before attempting any solution. You wouldn’t want to lose all your data while getting iMessage to work properly, right?
In case of further questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a reply below. If this guide helps you resolve the iMessage not sending problem, we’d love to hear which of the above solution works.