iCloud comes preinstalled on every iOS device and is the common choice of making backups. People can easily save content from their iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and access it from anywhere to restore a new or formatted device. But unfortunately iCloud is not a complete data recovery and backup solution.
Disadvantages of using iCloud
Despite its popularity, iCloud does have a few drawbacks, they include the following.
- It works for only limited type of data
- You cannot select data type and have to download the whole backup
- There is no option to preview the data in the backup
- Initiating recovery poses the threat of deleting current data on the iOS device
- Apple only offers free storage of 5 GB on iCloud. So you cannot make bigger backups unless you buy more storage.
- The transfer speed is slow as the process has to depend on internet
Best 5 iCloud alternatives to Recover iOS Data
There are several options other than iCloud that you can choose to recover data on your device. One of them is iMyFone D-Back, a program that allows you to recover data directly from an iOS device, from an iTunes backup or an iCloud backup. This article will also furnish you with four other iCloud alternatives.
1 iMyFone D-Back
Accidentally deleted data from your iPad/iPhone/iPod? Or is it broken or damaged with the software malfunctioning?
- It comes with 4 recovery modes and includes a Smart Recovery mode to automatically retrieve data.
- iPhone or iPod Touch – you do not need to have any backup on iCloud or iTunes and can directly get back your files directly from the device.
- Data can also be recovered from iTunes or iCloud backup.
- There is an option to preview files before they are retrieved. This saves unnecessary copying of files.
2 Coolmuster iOS Rescuer
The new version of the software can sync recovery from iTunes and iOS device, but not from iCloud. It works for deleted, corrupted data and files lost due to deletion and formatting. It is also useful for creating backup on computer. You can also preview files after scanning.
3 Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS
It is also a popular choice to recover iPhone and other iOS data from backups. It supports iCloud and iTunes backups and also retrieves content directly from the device. It works with latest iOS 9 and recovers contacts, camera roll, music library, notes, etc. It gives you a preview feature. But remember that the program is not cheap at all.
4 Tipard iOS Data Recovery
The program recovers data from iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and iPods and can sync with iTunes backup. It does not work with iCloud. The other two ways can be used to recover messages, call logs, media files and save them on a computer. You can preview the data before retrieving too.
5 iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery
The sad part of this program is its inability to support all types of data. It has many useful features apart from recovering and backup of iOS content like repairing an iPhone suffering from operating system malfunctions. It has selective recovery option along with quick scanning.
Though all the above programs can be alternative iCloud to restore iOS data successfully, it is clear that the best choice is iMyFone D-Back data recovery/iMyFone D-Back data recovery for Mac. Give it a shot now!