iCloud comes preinstalled on every iOS device and is the common choice of making backups. People can easily save content from their iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and access it from anywhere to restore a new or formatted device. But unfortunately iCloud is not a complete data recovery and backup solution. It lacks in many areas which makes it less useful.
Disadvantages of using iCloud
Regardless of its popularity, iCloud suffers from many drawbacks such as the following.
- It works for only limited type of data
- Works for purchased items
- You cannot select data type and have to download the whole backup
- There is no option to preview the data in the backup
- Initiating recovery poses the threat of deleting current data on the iOS device
- Apple only offers free storage of 5 GB on iCloud. So you cannot make bigger backups unless you buy more storage.
- The transfer speed is slow as the process has to depend on internet
Best 5 iCloud alternatives
You know using iCloud is not a very convenient option. You have to depend on something more professional and comprehensive. The need is best met with iMyfone D-Back, a alternative to iCloud to recover data directly from iOS devices or from iTunes backup. We will also list another 4 programs to recover iOS data effectively.
1 iMyfone D-Back
Accidentally deleted data from your iPad/iPhone/iPod? Or is it broken or damaged with the software malfunctioning?
There is no need for tension as iMyfone D-Back iOS data recovery, or iMyfone D-Back iOS data recovery for Mac, can retrievemessages, photos, contacts, etc straight from any iOS device. It also works for virus attacks and supports almost all content of an iOS device.
- It comes with 4 recovery modes and includes a Smart Recovery mode to automatically retrieve data.
- iPhone or iPod Touch – you do not need to have any backup on iCloud or iTunes and can directly get back your files directly from the device.
- Data can also be recovered from iTunes or iCloud backup.
- There is an option to preview files before they are retrieved. This saves unnecessary copying of files.
2 Coolmuster iOS Rescuer
The new version of the software can sync recovery from iTunes and iOS device, but not from iCloud. It works for deleted, corrupted data and files lost due to deletion and formatting. It is also useful for creating backup on computer. You can also preview files after scanning.
3 Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS
It is also a popular choice to recover iPhone and other iOS data from backups. It supports iCloud and iTunes backups and also retrieves content directly from the device. It works with latest iOS 9 and recovers contacts, camera roll, music library, notes, etc. It gives you a preview feature. But remember that the program is not cheap at all.
4 Tipard iOS Data Recovery
The program recovers data from iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and iPods and can sync with iTunes backup. It does not work with iCloud. The other two ways can be used to recover messages, call logs, media files and save them on a computer. You can preview the data before retrieving too.
5 iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery
The sad part of this program is its inability to support all types of data. It has many useful features apart from recovering and backup of iOS content like repairing an iPhone suffering from operating system malfunctions. It has selective recovery option along with quick scanning.
Though all the above programs can be alternative iCloud to restore iOS data successfully, it is clear that the best choice is iMyfone D-Back data recovery/iMyfone D-Back data recovery for Mac. It is smart, simple and very easy to use. It does not even require you to remember the backup location. It automatically traces them as soon as you connect your device. By the way, it offer the thoughtful “Try before Purchase” service to customer so that they can confirm whether their data can be detected or not. Give it a shot now!