Third party tools can be a great option when retrieving iCloud, iTunes and backups done on IDevices. That said, there lots of tools to pick from in the market but which are best to go for? We have done the research for you and this article we dive in and review 5 of the best iPhone backup extractor tools we have found.
1 iMyFone D-Back (iPhone 7 and iOS 10 Supported)
iMyFone D-Back iPhone Backup extractor or iMyFone D-Back iPhone Backup extractor for Mac is an all in one iOS tool tailored to offer a range of data manipulation services for iOS users. Apart from its stature in data recovery, the tool can also be deployed in backup extraction for iPhone with no regets! The software is powered by some creative algorithms that make the backup extraction smart and easy for users.
- It has an attractive UI and is easy to use.
- It extracts 22+ files such as text messages, cotacts, photos, notes, bookmarks, messages on WhatsApp/Kik/WeChat from iPhone or iPhone backup at amazing speeds.
- It supports the lately iOS 10 and most iPhone generations such as iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 and more.
- It allows users to scan and preview files before extraction.
- It converts backup databases into formats that are easy to export e.g CSV, HTML.
- You will need a license to access full features!
This is an all in one iOS manager that can also be leveraged for extracting iCloud and iTunes backup as well as backups done on any other iDevice. You simply need to connect your device and a computer installed with the tool and use it to access the data in your iCloud/iTunes backup then export them to your device.
- You can browse through the data in your backup location and extract them without being forced to restore them
- It can extract lots of file types: messages, contacts, Call Log, bookmarks, application data etc
- It is versatile thus you can do more than just extract backups in that you can recover lost data, create backups and transfer files among devices.
- You have to connect a computer to your iPhone before extracting it.
- Some files cannot be previewed before extraction e.g videos.
3 EaseUs Mobisaver
It is a common name in the world of iOS management given its reputation in data recovery, iOS backups and backup extraction. EaseUS mobisaver boasts smart data recovery and extraction algorithms that smoothens the process of extracting iPhone backups from iCloud and iTunes.
- It has a cool user interface to make user experience super awesome (you can extract your files in a few clicks of the button).
- It supports both mac and window computers
- It supports extraction of a wide range of file types: messages, app data, notes, calendar entries, safari bookmarks etc
- Works with the latest and oldest iPhones
- It is relatively costly
- The vendor offer support only to users with premium licences
This is one of the best software tools for those iPhone users who are not just looking to extract backup but also on the hunt for some sort of a “jack of all trades”. It is one iOS manager that has established its name in the game as far as data recovery and backups are concerned. It’s by no fluke that it has made the list as its ability in iPhone backup extraction is difficult to match.
- It supports Mac and Windows
- It supports all iPhone generations
- It can extract encrypted backup files
- It has the ability to recover app data and pin codes stored in iTunes and iCloud backups
- Some features do not work very well e. g the contact manager
- It’s only free to try for a limited time frame
5 iPhone Backup Extractor
The iPhone backup extractor is another multifunctional tool that works exceptionally well in extraction of iCloud and ITunes backups for iPhones and other iOS devices. It is the ideal application to help you recover data into a new phone, and for those who deleted something important or those who had a failed iOS update.
- It has a built in PList viewer
- It is easy to use
- It will extract encrypted iTunes backups
- It supports iCloud backup extraction
- It converts extracted backup databases into formats that can be imported to excel, outlook and webmail
- Relatively expensive
- It has a limited trial time frame
The list is not exhaustive as there are a few others fighting to get a place among the best. Otherwise, we expect that with growing competition, these 5 can only get better!