Many of us are constantly glued to our iPhones. Some work has to be done through some taps on our device. Therefore, we use our device the entire day for different purposes. Consequently, it is natural to get a wrong tap done in rush thereby delete some of the important stuff from the phone. Have you done the same with your messages? If yes, you might be looking for a way to undelete text messages conveniently. Well! By reading this article, this very need of yours will be fulfilled as we are going to make you aware of how to undo text messages in iOS 12/13 with the help of the most trustworthy ways. The other data on your iPhone will not be influenced.
1: How to Fix Text Messages Disappeared After iOS 12 /13 Update?
If you ‘re in the position when your important text messages on iPhone missing out of the blue, don’t let the despair set in, you can resolve this issue by yourself in a snap.
Step 1: Try hard reset
Now, the top priority is to consider basic reboot devices, but it's not a panacea. So, the safe and secure way is another powerful option called hard reset; it works pretty well in case you wish to give your device a fresh restart.
Depending on your iPhone model, this basic step is a little different. In this case, let’s set an example for iPhone 8:
1. Click and release the Volume Up button.
2. Click and release the Volume Down button.
3. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the screen turns off and turns back.
4. Release the Sleep/Wake button when the Apple logo appears.
For other models you’ re using, you can receive more help from the Apple page.
Step 2: Via Settings on iPhone
Manually force restart nor working? If the issues still hang on, you may seek another step.
Navigate to “Settings “> Messages, and then turn off iMessage then turn on again. Now, wait for a second to see whether the wanted messages presented in the file or not.
2. Undelete Text Messages in iOS 12/13 Directly
No matter how your messages got deleted you can rescue them by taking the help of a reliable tool like iMyFone D-Back (iOS 12/13 supported). It is the most helpful third-party tool which helps the users in recovering their deleted iOS data. With the help of this tool, you can easily recover your data directly from an iOS device, or iTunes and iCloud backup files. Knowing its capability to work with a wide range of data types including text messages, contacts, notes, photos, WhatsApp and so on, choosing this over any other way to undelete text messages on iPhone will be the most sensible option. Here is the guide on how to use this tool for getting the messages directly from an iOS device running iOS 12/13.
How to undelete text messages after iOS 13/12 update
Step 1 – Download the tool in your PC and complete the installation process after that. On finishing this, you need to launch the program and click on 'Recover from iOS Device' tab from the left panel.
Step 2 – Hit on the 'Start' button followed by establishing the connection between your device and the PC via lightning cable. Upon connecting successfully, hit on the 'Next' button.
Step 3 – After this, you will receive the list of data types on your computer screen. Choose the one that you wish to recover i.e. Messages. Click on 'Scan' later to let the program scan your messages before recovering.
Step 4 – As the last step, you can preview your text messages. Just hit on the data type from the left panel and preview them. After finishing this, click on 'Recover' tab to undo text messages in ios 13/12 easily.
3: Undelete Text Messages after iOS 12/13 Update by iTunes/iCloud Backup
If you have a backup already and you don't want to restore your device from iTunes or iCloud backups, you can use iMyFone D-Back as we stated above to export the data from your backup to your computer. We will let you understand how you can do this through the step-by-step tutorial below.
Steps to undelete text messages during iOS 12/13 free on iCloud/iTunes backup
Step 1 – Launch the tool and choose 'the corresponding tab from the left panel i.e. 'Recover from iTunes Backup' if you want to get messages from iTunes or click 'Recover from iCloud Backup' when having iCloud backup.
Step 2 – Hit on 'Start' and select the iTunes backup file having your messages from the list. For iCloud, you need to first sign in to iCloud and then choose the backup file. Click 'Next' subsequently and choose 'Message' from the data types available on the screen.
Step 3 – Hit on 'Scan' and then from the next interface, preview your messages by clicking on the left panel. After previewing, hit on the 'Recover' button to end the process and store your messages on your computer.
4. Important Tips to Prevent Data Loss during iOS 12/13 Update
You have to realize that not everything will go as our plan, especially for data, as is especially susceptible to be compromised or corrupted in various scenarios. Hence, the best way to avoid this thing happen is to know how to keep your iPhone data intact. To protect your sensitive data, D-back recommends the following. Let’s get the ball rolling.
1. Back up iPhone Software glitches could delete your important files, and your computer hard drive will fail you tomorrow, so it’s not exaggerated to say that backup is a preferred choice when your data are missing out of the blue.
2. Check iPhone Compatibility During iOS update, the first thing you need to confirm whether your phone is compatible with iOS 13 or 12. Because not all iOS updates are compatible with older devices. Otherwise, upgrading can be interrupted halfway, leading to data loss.
3. Ensure Enough Storage Space The bare fact is that installing iOS will eat up additional space on your devices in a flash. Thus, you should make sure that you iPhone contains enough storage space for you installing the newest iOS firmware.
4. Other utility worth to try You can also use another helpful tool to transfer only text messages from iCloud or iTunes backup to your iPhone running iOS 12/13. To do that, you can take the help of iMyFone iTransor. This tool allows users to restore their data fully or separately.
Now you have retrieved disappeared iPhone messages back on your computer, you can transfer photos from computer to iPhone anytime. Hope these ways can give you a hand when you run into such dilemma.