iPhones are amazing smartphones, but they also have some basic issues. For example, many users complain that calls keep dropping on the new iPhone, suddenly, because of bad reception and display the “call failed” message. In most cases, this error occurs due to a poor signal. You may in an area with low coverage of signals or maybe there are issues with the carrier’s network.
Here we offer you a list of all the solutions you can try to fix calls keep dropping on the new iPhone. We do not guarantee that all of them will work since it entirely depends on the actual cause of the issue. However, it is worth trying them.
Top 10 Ways on Fixing Calls Keep Dropping out on New iPhone
Solution 1: Turn iPhone off & on
- Press the on/off button for a moment until the screen turns on.
- Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 2: Check Your iOS Version
- Use your iPhone or iPad to go to ‘Settings’; you will find the icon in the general menu of your device.
- Select the option 'General', and then click on ‘Information’.
- The new screen will tell you the version of your operating system in the ‘Version’ section. If there is the latest one, you should update it to the latest.
Solution 3: Remove & Reinstall iPhone SIM Card
- Make sure to power off the device.
- From the right edge of the iPhone, remove the SIM card tray.
- Use the paperclip or SIM eject tool for tray unlock. It can be done by inserting it into the provided slot.
- Now place the SIM tray back into place.
Solution 4: Toggle Airplane Mode on and off
All wireless connections can be interrupted so that the mobile does not interfere, for example, with the instruments of an airplane or the equipment of a hospital. You can still use some functions of the mobile when the airplane mode is activated, but you cannot, for example, send messages or make calls.
- Swipe down from the top right of the screen.
- Press the airplane mode icon to activate or deactivate the function.
Solution 5: Reset Network Settings
The process cannot be simpler, for this, you must do the following steps:
- Go to the settings of the device.
- Once inside adjustments, go to General.
- Move down completely on this menu and look for the option to reset.
- Once selected, you will be left with resetting network settings.
Solution 6: Check for a Carrier Settings Update
- Ensure your device is connected to a cellular network or Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings and go to General. From here, you need to click about it. If there is an availability of updates, you will see an option to update your carrier settings.
Solution 7: Fix Calls Keep Dropping out on New iPhone with No Data Loss
If Calls keep dropping out on a new iPhone, you need the “Fix iOS System.” It is a software solution designed to fix several iOS device issues. The issues also include calls drop out on the iPhone device. You can use iMyFone D-Back software to fix other issues. To fix calls keep dropping on a new iPhone, just try this software. The Standard Mode is helpful when you are looking to fix numerous issues like calls keep dropping out on the new iPhone. Below, we will tell you the steps to fix this issue.
- Launch the D-Back on your PC and choose Standard Mode which will not affect your data.
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB cable. Put the device in DFU or Recovery Mode with the instructions on the screen.
- Download the Firmware. Please note that the program will detect the device automatically.
- Click “Start to Fix” and the software will begin to fix the phone.
Solution 8: Reset iPhone to Factory Reset
- Access Settings, General, Reset, Delete contents and settings and finally select the Delete iPhone option.
- If you have a password, it will ask for it, and if you have an active one, my iPhone will also ask for our iCloud username and password.
- Now you should see the Apple on the screen and the device should restart in a few minutes.
- When your device turns on again your new iPhone should be like the first day you took it out of the box. That means all your data is lost and cannot be recovered directly.
Solution 9: Restore iPhone with iTunes
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Connect the device to the computer with the cable.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
- Select Restore Backup in iTunes.
- Click Restore and wait to finish. All your current data will be replaced by the backup content.
Solution 10: Restore iPhone with iCloud
- At first, you need to Erase all content and settings.
- Then on the Apps & Data screen, you need to tap Restore from iCloud Backup and then sign in to iCloud.
- Then choose from a list of available iCloud backups to start restoring.
Tips to Recover Call History on iPhone after Fixing
iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery is a program designed to recover data lost or deleted by mistake from any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This software is fully compatible with all models iDevices. To use it, the first thing we must do is to download it from the iMyFone website.
- You’re able to recover data without a backup via D-Back
- D-Back doesn’t depend on internet connection (as opposed to iCloud)
- iMyFone D-Back doesn’t affect existing data (as opposed to iCloud and iTunes)
- iCloud offers only 5GB of free capacity (iMyFone D-Back has no such limitation)
- D-Back supports more than 18 data types such as messages, WhatsApp, photos, and contacts
- You can view all the content of iTunes or iCloud backups so you can select which data you want
- D-Back does not overwrite current data on your device so you never lose anything else
- D-Back can extract and recover data from iTunes or iCloud without having to restore
How to Recover Call History from iPhone after Fixing
Following are the steps to recover call history from iPhone.
- Once you start the data recovery for the iPhone, start by selecting the “Recover from iOS Device” and click on start.
- The device should be connected to your computer. When the software detects the iPhone device, you need to click “Next” to proceed.
- The next step is to select the types of files you want to recover. Here, you need to select “call history” from the message and call logs type of files. Then click “scan” to proceed. The software will start searching for the deleted call history from your iPhone.
- After the scanning is finished, all call history data will be shown on the screen. Preview the call history and select the call logs you want to recover and click the “recover” button.
Despite the importance of backing up all the data of our smartphones, the number of users that take them daily is very small. The issue of call dropping out on iPhone is common and many users have reported such issues. As we mentioned before, these methods do not guarantee to fix the call drop out issue completely. It is important to compare these methods and select the one that produces the best results.
iMyFone D-Back is one of the most complete and easy to use applications that we can find in case of having to recover files that have been lost on an iPhone. What do you think? Share your views with us in the comment box below!