What if your iPhone could just look at your face and recognize you immediately? This may sound futuristic, but the future is now! iPhone X is replacing Touch ID with facial recognition technology.
At first, the iPhone X would have a rear touch ID (on the back of iPhone), but the iPhone X makes the TrueDeep camera to be capable of facial recognition. Infrared lasers will read a users face to unlock the phone, and that the new iPhone X might get rid of fingerprint reading altogether.
What This Means
Using Face ID can certainly make the iPhone X much more secure, since you won't have to rely on a passcode or even touch.
Personally, I think this is great advancement in technology. It's only a matter of time that all smartphones will have facial recognition, and Apple has already proven itself as a tend-setter in tech. Even if the iPhone X itself somehow doesn't implement this feature, its inevitable in the near future. It's a safe and convenient security feature that everyone wants.
Speaking of security, you don't have to wait for the new iPhone X and all of its enhanced security measures to make your iPhone safer:
Security Concerns for Your Current iPhone and How to Fix
One of the biggest security problems that you will face right now with your iPhone is private data that is lingering on your iPhone. Did you think that when you manually deleted your cache, your embarrassing photos, and your private info, that it was gone from your iPhone? Well, it wasn't!
Data tends to hang around until it is overwritten, and before that happens hackers can use special software to spy on you by recovering “deleted” data. The only way to solve this is to use an application that allows you to permanently erase your files. It will scramble the data after erasing so that it leaves no trace.
One of the best applications that can do this is iMyFone iPhone Eraser Win or Mac. It will help you delete all kinds of data from your iPhone/iPad/iPod quickly and easily, and it is full of great features:
- Erased data is 100% unrecoverable.
- Reset your old iPhone and permanently delete all of the data on it, once you're ready to update to iPhone X. (This is better than a factory reset because the data is unrecoverable.)
- Selectively erase iPhone private data, such as unwanted messages, photos, call history, videos, cache, browsing history, WhatsApp, and more.
- Erase hidden files that you thought you had deleted manually, but that are still lurking on your iPhone.
- Wipe traces of private data that your apps (like Facebook, Snapchat, etc) leave behind, even after you uninstall them.
- Get rid of hidden cache, corrupted files, crash logs, cookies,etc to boost up iPhone for free.
Here are the steps you can use to completely reset an old iPhone before giving it away (so that you can be confident there is no private data when you sell it or give it away):
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro, then plug your iPhone into your computer. Open Umate Pro.
Step 2: Click where it says Erase All Data. Click Erase.
- To selectively erase private data: Erase Private Data
- To erase hidden deleted files: Erase Deleted Files
- To wipe third-party apps traces: Erase Private Fragments
- To clear cache/temp, delete/export photos, videos, apps: 1-Click Free Up Space
Step 3: Choose your security level, like High. Type “delete” in the text box to confirm. Click Erase Now.
Securely Wipe Your Personal Data from an iOS Device
Unless you like your privacy being invaded, then secure erasure is an absolute must. To stop the identity thieves stealing your data from your smartphone, you need to be able to pack a powerful punch. That punch can be delivered using iMyFone Umate Pro. -- MacWorld Review