iOS 12 has recently released and again a lot of users' expectations are attached with it. However, after the installations of this newest version, some issues are unexpectedly coming with iOS 12. One of those that has been recently reported to us is that some apps are not working on iPhone after iOS 12 update.
For some people, their apps don't respond or get quit out of the blue. Moreover, many users come across a situation where the apps aren't opening at all. We understand how disappointed you would feel expecially when you're excited before installing the new update. Therefore, we are going to list some of the very helpful solutions that should be tried when such problem occurs. So, if your apps are not working in iOS 12, just check out the list and get your problem solved.
6 Tips to Fix Apps Are Not Working in iOS 12
1. Force Close the Apps
The first thing that is needed to be attempted when apps don't work in iOS 12 is forcing it to quit. When you leave the apps running in the background, the issue could bother you. So make sure to quit the apps that are troubling you.
- Double tap on the Home button and all the running background apps will be on the screen.
- Swipe the apps left/right to find the one that is not responding. Now, swipe it up and force quit it.
If you have iPhone X, the steps vary from the above.
- Here you need to swipe the Home screen up and pause in between.
- Look for the app and hold it until you see red colored icon having minus sign. Tap on the icon and force close the app.
2. Update the App
The outdated apps are likely to be responsible for such kind of issue. So, our other recommendation for you when apps are not working in iOS 12 is to update them. Here are the moves needed to be followed.
- To begin, open the App Store in your device and tap on 'Updates' option located at the bottom right.
- Now, you will see which apps' updates are available. You can either tap on 'Update All' or individually update the app that is creating issue.
3. Force Restart iPhone
One of the most ordinary troubleshooting steps when you stuck with any kind of iOS issue is force restarting your device. To carry out this method, one has to go along with the steps given below.
- When you own iPhone 6 and previous models than this, you need to press the 'Home' and 'Power' buttons simultaneously and if your device is of 7 series, just press 'Volume Down' along with 'Power' buttons. Release the buttons when you see Apple logo coming out on the screen.
- The latest iPhone users i.e. iPhone 8/8 Plus/X users need to press the 'Volume Up' button and release it within a second. Then do the same with 'Volume Down' button too. When this is done, hold done the side button which is the 'Power' button and release it when your device shows Apple logo on the screen.
4. Reinstall the App
You can also try to remove and reinstall the app later when apps not opening or apps doesn't work normally in iOS 12. However, it is suggested to take backup of your iPhone before you go for deleting the app.
- On your Home screen, put your finger on the particular app's icon that is bothering. Keep the finger until the icon shakes.
- When it jiggles, you will see a cross sign at the corner of the icon.
- Tap on it and then tap 'Delete' from the pop-up that wants you to confirm the action.
- Now, go to the App Store and install the app again.
5. Reset All Settings
If the above tip wasn't helpful and still you find your apps not working after iOS 12 update, here is what you need to do next.
- Go to 'Settings' in your device and tap on 'General' then.
- Tap 'Reset' and then select 'Reset All Settings'.
6. Fix Apps Not Working in iOS 12 without Data Loss
When you are concerned about your important data in the device or when any of the listed method hadn't proved successful, the best way that we recommend is using iMyFone iOS System Recovery. This is a professional system recovery tool that is capable of fix all sorts of iOS problems without data loss, including iPhone stuck on Apple logo, iPhone cannot be restored due to iTunes errors, iPhone stuck on Recovery/DFU mode and so on. Using its special feature, this program will provide you the needed firmware and will fix apps not working issue easily.
How to Fix Apps Not Working in iOS 12 via iMyFone System Recovery
Step 1 – Start the program after downloading. Get your iPhone connected with your computer via a genuine lightening cable. Now, you could notice three different modes. You have to select 'Standard Mode' from those.
Step 2 – Once you select the mode, click on the 'Start' button and you will be asked to put your iPhone into DFU mode. You have to just look at the screen and there will be instructions for DFU mode. Follow them and proceed with the next step.
Step 3 – As the next move, you are required to click on the 'Download' button and the program will automatically download the suitable firmware for your device since it will detect your device easily.
Step 4 – On successful firmware downloading, click on 'Start to Fix' button and the problem in your device will begin to fix and within a while you won't be bothered by the issue anymore.