iOS 12/13 has recently released and again a lot of users' expectations are attached to it. However, after the installations of this newest version, some issues are unexpectedly coming with iOS 12/13. One of those that have been recently reported to us is that some apps are not working on iPhone after iOS 12/13update.
For some people, their apps don't respond or get quit out of the blue. Moreover, many users come across a situation where the apps aren't opening at all. We understand how disappointed you would feel especially when you're excited before installing the new update. Therefore, we are going to list some of the very helpful solutions that should be tried when such a problem occurs. So, if your apps are not working in iOS 12/13, just check out the list and get your problem solved.
1. Force Close the Apps
The first thing that is needed to be attempted when apps don't work in iOS 12/13 is forcing it to quit. When you leave the apps running in the background, the issue could bother you. So make sure to quit the apps that are troubling you.
- Double-tap on the Home button and all the running background apps will be on the screen.
- Swipe the apps left/right to find the one that is not responding. Now, swipe it up and force quit it.
If you have iPhone X, the steps vary from the above.
- Here you need to swipe the Home screen up and pause in between.
- Look for the app and hold it until you see a red-colored icon having a minus sign. Tap on the icon and force close the app.
2. Update the App
The outdated apps are likely to be responsible for such kind of issue. So, our other recommendation for you when apps are not working in iOS 12/13 is to update them. Here are the moves needed to be followed.
- To begin, open the App Store on your device and tap on the 'Updates' option located at the bottom right.
- Now, you will see which apps' updates are available. You can either tap on 'Update All' or individually update the app that is creating an issue.
3. Force Restart iPhone
One of the most ordinary troubleshooting steps, when you stuck with any kind of iOS issue, is force restarting your device. To carry out this method, one has to go along with the steps given below.
- When you own iPhone 6 and previous models than this, you need to press the 'Home' and 'Power' buttons simultaneously and if your device is of 7 series, just press 'Volume Down' along with 'Power' buttons. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo coming out on the screen.
- The latest iPhone users i.e. iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/XR/XS MAX users need to press the 'Volume Up' button and release it within a second. Then do the same with the 'Volume Down' button too. When this is done, hold done the side button which is the 'Power' button and releases it when your device shows the Apple logo on the screen.
4. Reinstall the App
You can also try to remove and reinstall the app later when apps not opening or apps doesn't work normally in iOS 12/13. However, it is suggested to take the backup of your iPhone before you go for deleting the app.
- On your Home screen, put your finger on the particular app's icon that is bothering. Keep the finger until the icon shakes.
- When it jiggles, you will see a cross sign at the corner of the icon.
- Tap on it and then tap 'Delete' from the pop-up that wants you to confirm the action.
- Now, go to the App Store and install the app again.
5. Reset All Settings
If the above tip wasn't helpful and still you find your apps not working after iOS 12/13 update, here is what you need to do next.
- Go to 'Settings' in your device and tap on 'General' then.
- Tap 'Reset' and then select 'Reset All Settings'.
6. Fix Apps Not Working in iOS 12/13 without Data Loss
When you are concerned about your important data in the device or when any of the listed methods hadn't proved successful, the best way that we recommend is using iMyFone Fixppo. This is a professional system recovery tool that is capable of fix all sorts of iOS problems without data loss, including iPhone stuck on Apple logo, iPhone cannot be restored due to iTunes errors, iPhone stuck on Recovery/DFU mode and so on. Using its special feature, this program will provide you the needed firmware and will fix apps not working issues easily.
- Simple to use-Fix the issue only with a few clicks
- Highest recovery rate-100% works for all kinds of iOS issues
- Full compatibility-Allow you to fix iOS/tvOS without Data Loss
- Worthy of Trust - Recommended by many individuals and websites, such as Macworld, Cult of Mac, Makeuseof and so on.
How to Fix Apps Not Working in iOS 12/13 via iMyFone System Recovery
Step 1 – Start the program after downloading. Get your iPhone connected with your computer via a genuine lightning cable. Now, you could notice three different modes. You have to select 'Standard Mode' from those.
Step 2 – Once you select the mode, click on the 'Start' button and you will be asked to put your iPhone into DFU mode. You have to just look at the screen and there will be instructions for DFU mode. Follow them and proceed with the next step.
Step 3 – As the next move, you are required to click on the 'Download' button and the program will automatically download the suitable firmware for your device since it will detect your device easily.
Step 4 – On successful firmware downloading, click on the 'Start to Fix' button and the problem in your device will begin to fix and within a while, you won't be bothered by the issue anymore.