"Hi, I am using iPhone X which I bought just a month ago. I started having Bluetooth connection problem since 2 days ago. Please help me fixing this. Thanks!
There are lots of users who are complaining Bluetooth problems with their iPhone. Not just only iPhone X but iPhone 8 users have also been seen reporting this. Considering this, we are here with some tips to fix Bluetooth problems with iPhone X and iPhone 8. We would first like to list some of the normal issues that iPhone 8 or X users can encounter with.
Common Bluetooth Issues with iPhone Like iPhone X/8
Here are some common Bluetooth issues with iPhone X and iPhone 8 people can meet :
- First problem could be the failure of Bluetooth connection between car and iPhone X or iPhone 8.
- Sometimes, you can experience a problem where Bluetooth stuck at searching for a device and unable to find it.
- Another issue could be that you are not able to pair devices at all even when the device is perfectly available. Sometimes, the device gets stuck with a single device and doesn't connect with the other devices even when there are more choices.
- You may also encounter a problem with the device being disconnected and reconnected loops which can be frustrating.
- With iPhone X, people also have complained about the connection issue with the same Bluetooth device which is working perfectly fine with their older iOS devices.
6 Tips to Fix Bluetooth Issues with iPhone X and iPhone 8
The tips below can also be used for the other devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPad Pro, iPod touch and more.
1. Forget the Device & Re-pair the Device
When getting Bluetooth issues with iPhone X and iPhone 8, you can try fixing this issue by forgetting the Bluetooth device which cannot be connected. Then reconnect it and the problem will probably be removed. Here are the steps to do this which are quite simple.
- Take your iPhone 8/X and tap "Settings".
- Open "Bluetooth" now and you will receive a list of Bluetooth devices.
- Subsequently, look for the "i" icon beside the device you are getting problems with.
- Tap on the "i" icon followed by tapping on "Forget This Device" option.
- Confirm the action and re-pair the device once again.
2. Hard Reset iPhone X/8 and the Other Device
If the above solution wasn't fruitful, attempting hard reset has been helpful in most of the cases and resolved many issues with iOS devices. Thus, you should try this if you are stuck with Bluetooth problems with iPhone X and iPhone 8. Also, it is to be noted that the steps for this has altered for iPhone 8/8 plus/X. So, here are the new steps.
- In your device, press Volume Up button and release it quickly.
- After this, repeat the step with Volume Down button.
- Lastly, keep pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button located on the side until you spot the Apple logo in your device's screen.
Those were the steps to hard reset your iPhone 8/X. About the other device you are trying to connect, please also try to restart it. Follow the steps and see if you still get Bluetooth problems with iPhone X and iPhone 8. If unfortunately yes, try the following tips and get rid of the problem.
3. Reset Network Settings
You can also go for resetting your network settings when any Bluetooth issues with iPhone X and iPhone 8 pop up. This will positively result in removing all your network settings like Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings etc. And you will require to add your settings again. The steps are:
- Tap "Settings" in your device and go to "General".
- Now, tap on "Reset" and then "Reset Network Settings".
- Enter your passcode when asked and tap again on ‘Reset Network Settings" to confirm the move.
When done, try re-connecting the Bluetooth device again. See if it works otherwise move to the next solution.
4. Reset All Settings
Here is the next method to resolve Bluetooth problems with iPhone X and iPhone 8. The method will lead to reset all your changed and preferred settings to the default one. Let's have a glimpse on the steps below.
- Open "Settings" in your respective iPhone.
- Go to "General" and tap "Reset"
- Move to the "Reset All Settings" option. Tap on it and type in your passcode.
- Lastly, confirm it by again hitting on "Reset All Settings".
5. Use a Third-party Tool
Even after trying all the above, if Bluetooth issues with iPhone X and iPhone 8 still exists, the possible reason could be iOS issue. To fix this, iMyFone D-Back will be the one-stop solution which is the best third-party data recovery tool. It also comes with the ability to fix various system issues with the help of its "Fix iOS System" feature. The tool is completely able to support iOS 11.2 and has been trusted by millions of users.
- iMyFone D-Back helps to recover over 20 data types like WhatsApp, photos, messages,contacts and more.
- It is very easy to use and you can fix your iPhone with only several clicks.
- It allows you to fix various iOS issues without any data loss.
- You can fix the iOS issues like black screen, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, white screen, freezing issues, restarting loops and so on.
How to Use iMyFone D-back
Step 1 – Open the program in your computer and choose "Fix iOS System". Now, connect your iPhone with the PC and click on "Standard Mode".
Step 2 –The program will prompt you to take your device into the DFU mode Recovery mode. Just follow the instruction on screen to put your device into DFU mode or Recovery mode.
Step 3 – The next screen will ask you to download the suitable firmware for your device. All you need is to click on "Download" button and the rest will be done by the program.
Step 4 – After getting the latest firmware, just click on "Start to Fix" and your issue will begin to repair by the program.
6. Get Help at Apple Store
If you still get nothing after giving a try on above solutions, the issue could be hardware related. To resolve this issue, we will suggest you to go to the Apple Store close by you to get it checked. Plus, we would also recommend you to get your device exchanged to a fresh one if your device is under warranty.
It's disappointing when you start getting problems with the newly purchased device. We offered you some useful solutions to try when there are bluetooth issues with iPhone X and iPhone 8 and we expect that you're happy with the results.