We have received few complaints from iPhone users that they can't import photos with iOS 11 after connecting iPhone with computer. Some of them report that the folder of their iPhone does not appear at all. Some find the internal storage is empty or there is no DCIM folder. Thus, we bring forward the solutions below so that you can resolve your problem by yourself.
1. Use a Tool to Import Photos from iPhone to Computer
iMyFone D-Port is one of the most efficient tools when it comes to export data from your iPhone to your computer. Hence, this tool is a recommended solution when you can't import photos with iOS 11. iMyFone D-Port is used and trusted by millions of users worldwide and ensure optimum protection of your data while exporting it from your iPhone to your PC. This powerful can effectively and safely export more than 18 different types of data from your iOS device and iTunes/iCloud backup to computer. It is also a free backup tool which you can use it to separately backup WhatsApp, Messages, WeChat instead of the whole data on your device. Now, this tool supports almost all iOS devices including iPhone X, 8 & 8 Plus. Moreover, it is fully compatible with the latest iOS version iOS 11.2.
Step by Step Tutorial
Step 1: Get the iMyFone D-Port tool from its official website and install it on your PC. Now, launch the tool and make sure your iPhone is properly connected to your computer.
Step 2: Now, from the next screen you are required to hit on 'Export Data' option.
Step 3: The various forms of data that can be exported from your iPhone will then be displayed. Choose "Photos" which you wish to export and click 'Next'.
Step 4: After the scanning process, you can preview and select the photos that you want to transfer to your computer. Click the 'Export' button and the files will soon be saved on your Computer.
2. Check Apple Mobile Device Support Is Installed or Not
The first and foremost step would be to check if there is an Apple Mobile Device Support installed in your computer. This is might be one of the main reasons that you can't transfer photos from iPhone to computer. Here we will tell you how to check it and we take Windows computer as an example.
- Press the Windows Key and type 'Control Panel'.
- Next, from the list of results, choose the 'Programs and Features' option.
- If you cannot see Apple Mobile Device Support in the list of your installed software, you need to reinstall iTunes. You can type Apple in the search box, and then you will see all the Apple components.
3. Update iTunes to the Latest Version
If the above workaround did not work for you and you still can't import photos from iPhone to computer, then most probably your iTunes or Photo management app or Windows/Mac operating system is not updated to the latest version. Follow the steps below to get your iTunes updated.
For Mac version:
- Launch iTunes and click on 'iTunes' menu on the top left. Now, tap 'Check for Updates'.
For Windows version:
- Launch iTunes on your PC and click 'Help' on the iTunes menu. Then from the drop down menu click on 'Check for Updates'.
4. Unlock iPhone & Use a Reliable USB Cable
The problem might still persist and you can't transfer photos from iPhone to computer. Perhaps, it could be due to a USB failure or computer might not be able to establish a connection with your device.
- Your computer might not be able to connect to your iPhone if your phone is locked or switched OFF. So, you should make sure your phone is switched ON and unlocked.
- If, it is the first time you are transferring photos to your PC, be sure to tap on 'Trust' when your iPhone asks to trust the computer. This could be a prominent reason why you can't import photos from iPhone to computer since iOS 11.
- It may so happen that your USB cable is damaged. Also, look out for any dust that might have entered the USB port and imitating like a barrier between the cable and USB port. Try using another faultless USB cable and see if it works.
5. Try Another Computer
There is a possibility of the fault being with your computer and you can't import photos from iPhone to computer. Arrange a different computer and check if the problem persists or not. If it works fine, the problem lies with your original computer and if it does not, then there is something fishy with your iPhone. You can go to the nearest Apple Service Centre to get your device inspected.
6. Transfer iPhone Photos to Computer using Email
When you can't import photos from your iPhone to your computer after updating to iOS11, you can transfer your photos via your E-mail if there are not too many photos. Here is how to do it.
- Launch the Photos App on your iPhone and select the preferred images.
- Now, tap 'Share' icon and then tap on the 'E-mail' button.
- Next, type in your email address and hit on 'Send'. You can then open up your E-mail on Mac and download your photos easily.
Note: This method is limited as you are not allowed to send all the images from your iPhone through email at once.