"Since the time I updated to iOS 11, I noticed that my emails are taking much time while loading. It is really annoying because most of the times I need the emails for my work and this is really inconvenient. Can anyone help me explaining why email is loading slowly in iOS 11? Thank you!"
Many of the users reported that they find their email is slow to load in mail app after updating to iOS 11. For this reason, we did some research and reached here with some easy and helpful tips and fixes that can be performed to solve the problem. Let's move further without any delay.
7 Tips to Fix Email Loading Slowly in iOS 11
1. Remove the Email Account and Re-add It
First of all, try to delete the email account and add it again. To do this, open "Settings" and tap on "Mail" > "Accounts". Tap on the account which is troubling you. Go for "Delete Account" and then "Delete".
Now, add the account again. Follow the instruction on the screen to proceed.
2. Hard Reset iPhone
When your email slows to load in mail app in iOS 11, hard resetting should also be performed to fix the problem. Just press and hold "Sleep/Wake" and "Home" buttons (press Volume Down button if you are using iPhone 7 or later versions) simultaneously and wait for the Apple logo to appear. As soon as the Apple logo comes, release both the buttons. This will only take nearly 10 seconds. Now, check if the problem gone. If still email is loading slowly in iOS 11, go for the next tip.
3. Remove the Mail App and Reinstall It
You can also delete the mail app once and then restore it when it is slow to load the emails in iOS 11. In order to perform this, you need to tap the Mail app for few seconds until you see the app shaking a little. Now, click on the cross icon on the corner of the Mail app and tap on "Remove" to confirm. The app will be successfully removed from the home screen. Now, to reinstall, move to "App Store" and type the name of the app. Hit on the download icon and the app will be reinstalled in some time. Now you can check if your email is still loading slowly or not.
4. Reset Network Settings
This is another tip you can try when email is loading slowly in iOS 11. Please remember that this method will result in wiping away all the network settings like all Wi-Fi passwords. To reset network settings, run "Settings" in your device and tap "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings". Enter your passcode and again tap "Reset Network Settings".
5. Reset All Settings
When the above methods failed unfortunately and your email is still slow to load in mail app in iOS 11, try resetting the settings to get the iPhone in a default settings stage. To perform this method, start with opening "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings". Type in the passcode and confirm the action by hitting "Reset All Settings".
6. Fix Email Loading Slowly in iOS 11 without Data Loss
If still your email takes long time to load, one important thing to consider is software issue. You can use iMyFone iOS System Recovery to fix if the problem is software related. The results will be positive since iMyFone iOS System Recovery is one of the best recovery tools that can support almost all iOS devices and iOS version, including iPhone 8 and iOS 11. The program is designed to repair various kinds of iOS issue easily. Plus, this program is trusted and loved by millions of users.
- There are three different modes with "Fix iOS System" which are used for different problems. The modes are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode". No data will be lost if you use "Standard Mode".
- One can repair the problems like iPhone stuck in Apple logo, black screen of death, start looping, and other problems.
- Moreover, if you accidentally forgot your passcode for the screen lock, you can use "Advanced Mode" for this problem.
How to use iMyFone iOS System Recovery
Step 1 – Firstly, launch the program followed by connecting your iPhone to the computer. Select the "Standard Mode" from the three different modes available on the screen.
Step 2 –You will receive some steps by following which you can put your iPhone into the DFU mode. If it doesn't work, you can try to put your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 3 – The program is smart enough to detect your device easily. Now, you need to click on "Download" button in order to get the newest firmware for your device.
Step 4 – Lastly, hit on "Start to Fix" and your problem will begin getting fixed automatically. Wait for the completion of the process and check if your email is loading slowly or not now.
7. Set Your iPhone in DFU Mode and Restore with iTunes
You can complete restore your iPhone in DFU mode if your email is still loading slowly. Please kindly note that the process will erase all the data on your iPhone. Here are the steps for this method.
- Run iTunes in your PC and connect your device with the PC.
- Hold down "Sleep/Wake" and "Home" buttons for some seconds.
- Release the "Sleep/Wake" button after 8 seconds while continue holding "Home" button.
- Keep holding "Home" button until you get the notification that the device is detect by iTunes in recovery mode.
- After entering into DFU mode, your iPhone's screen will go completely black.
- Now, restore it with iTunes by clicking on your device at the upper left corner.
- Hit on "Summary" panel and click on "Restore iPhone".
- Follow the instruction to restore your iPhone.
We hope that you found our tips useful and your email is not loading slowly in iOS 11 anymore. Also, which one you chosed to work with and which one helped you, tell us your experience in the comments section below.