We understand how it feels when you have such a problem and you have no clue what went wrong. We are here to help you out and get rid of the iTunes Error 2009 that you are facing. These kinds of errors usually show up when you try to update or restore devices, but they are not so tough to eliminate. Here are some options available at hand to fix this error.
7 Tips to Fix iTunes Error 2009
1. Update iTunes
An older version of iTunes might be a reason that your iPhone is facing this issue. So make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed to eradicate such kind of errors while connecting with your iPhone. Be it updating or restoring or for other reasons, an up to date iTunes version means there is less chance of iTunes error 2009. If you are using Mac OS, you can also check the iTunes updates in the Mac App store. We hope it would solve majority of such errors.
2. Use Original USB Cable & Check USB Connection
If the system is unable to find the device connected to it, then most likely you are destined to face errors like iTunes error 2009. In such a case you need to check your USB connectivity between iPhone and the system where iTunes is running. Unless both of them connect successfully, there is no way that the error would stop to appear.
Try these tips –
- Try connecting the iPhone with a genuine Apple USB cable.
- Opt for a different USB port on the computer.
- Avoid plugging your device to a USB hub. Instead, plug it directly into your computer.
In case the iTunes error 2009 problem persists, then look for other solutions mentioned below.
3. Compleltely Reinstall iTunes
If everything is okay with the USB ports, then you need to try for this option. Completely removing and reinstalling iTunes would clear out the glitches. Thereby, preventing iTunes error 2009 from popping up and halt the update or restore process. Reinstall iTunes and related software only after uninstalling them all in a certain order mentioned below. Here is the process:
- Go to control panel and uninstall 'iTunes'.
- Then 'Apple Software Update' needs to be uninstalled.
- Now, 'Apple Mobile Device Support' has to be removed from the system.
- Uninstall Bonjour.
- Remove 'Apple Application Support 32-bit'.
- Lastly uninstall 'Apple Application Support 64-bit'.
iTunes is likely to install two versions of Apple Application Support i.e. 32 bit version and 64 bit version. If your system contains both, make sure to remove both of them.
4. Update System
Make sure that you have the latest OS version on your computer. If you cannot update the OS of your computer since it is an old model, you can try another computer if necessary.
5. Temporarily Disable Security Software
Sometimes the security software installed on your computer might stop iTunes from establishing a connection with the Apple servers, when you are trying to update or sync or restore your data. In such scenarios iTunes error 2009 might be appearing on your screen because of this. So temporarily disable the security software and try update or restore your iPhone again.
6. Use a Third-party Tool to Update iPhone
To bypass iTunes Error 2009 and update your iPhone you can opt for an iTunes alternative tool iMyFone D-Back which can easily and efficiently help you update your iPhone. iMyFone D-back not only enables you to bypass the annoying iTunes Error 2009 and update your iPhone, but also make sure that during the process none of your data is harmed at all which means all of your data is absolutely safe during and after the update process is complete. Furthermore, this software is capable enough to recover lost data from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch easily within a few simple steps. Let's have a look at its other features:
- The program efficiently fixes various iOS system issues such as stuck on recovery mode, black/white screen, freezing problems and more without making any harm to the existing data on your iOS device.
- iMyFone D-Back supports to recover more than 20 different frequently used data types including photos, videos, contacts, messages, Kik, WhatsApp, WeChat and more.
- Enables you to view and extract data out of your iTunes or iCloud backup effortlessly without overwriting existing data or restoring iPhone.
- Recommended by the famous media sites like Macworld and Makeuseof.
Here is how to use the program to update iPhone:
Step 1: Head over to iMyFoneofficial website page and get the software installed into your PC. Launch the program after installation and hit on the "Fix iOS System" tab from the left menu panel. Meanwhile, connect your iOS device to your PC via a lightning cable.
From the next interface, hit on the "Standard Mode" to update your iPhone without experiencing any data loss.
Step 2: The next screen will ask you to put your iPhone in the DFU Mode. Tap on the "Start" button on your screen and follow the onscreen instructions to effortlessly put your iPhone into DFU mode.
Step 3: Laslty, the program intelligently detects your iPhone's device information and offer the latest software compatible to it and list it on your screen. Hit on "Download" to download the latest version of your device firmware.
After downloading, hit the "Start to Fix" button to initiate the update.Just wait a short while, your iPhone will be updated.
7. Try an iTunes Alternative Tool to Restore iPhone
One of the most excellent iTunes Alternative tools in the market to restore an iOS device is iMyFone D-Port Pro. It has the ability to restore your device selectively. Not just restoring, the process of backup can also be done flexibly via this tool. Here are some of its amazing features:
- D-Port Pro can help in restoring your iOS device either fully or partially.
- The tool supports WeChat, WhatsApp and messages for separate restoring and backup currently. The latest version will support more data types which is coming soon.
- You can restore selectively from iTunes, iCloud and iMyFone backup files.
- Restoring can also be done if you own an iPhone 8/8 plus and X as well as running iOS 11.
iMyFone D-Port Pro Tutorial:
Step 1: Download the iMyFone official software from its website and install it on your PC. After installation, launch the program and hit on the "Restore Backup to Device" tab from the left menu panel. Meanwhile, make a connection between your computer and your iPhone using a lightening cable.
Select the preferred iTunes/iCloud backup file from which you wish to restore your data back into your iPhone selectively.
Step 2: From the next screen, tap the "Restore Partial Backup" tab and then you can choose the preferred data types that you wish to selectively restore and hit "Next".
Note: The program currently support selectively restoring of Messages, WhatsApp and WeChat data only, but in near future more data types will be supported.
Step 3: Lastly, preview your data from the next software window and hit on "Restore". All your selected data will be restore to your iPhone within a while.