This is not the first time that an error came while restoring the iPhone via iTunes. The users find this a little disappointing since the process remain incomplete because of these kinds of errors. iTunes unknown error 27 is one of them which occur frequently. Therefore, we are going to introduce some easy fixes that can be tried when an iTunes error 27 emerges.
6 Tips to Fix iTunes Error 27 in iTunes
1. Remove Security Software
Sometimes iPhone restore error 27 appears due to security software. In this case, you are suggested to remove the security software temporarily. Do it and then try restoring your iPhone with iTunes. If you still receive that error message, move on to the next fix.
2. Check USB Port & USB Cable
Next thing is to examine your USB port as well as the cable while getting iTunes unknown error 27. Check if they are functioning properly. It is recommended to use an official USB cable to get the restoring process done smoothly.
3. Update iTunes
iTunes usually brings error when it is not updated. Thus, check if your system has the updated version of iTunes. If not, install the latest version now and avoid those irritating unknown errors while restoring the device.
If you are using a Windows computer, you can just click "Help" on the Menu and choose "Check for Updates". If there is a new version, you just need follow the on screen prompt to install the latest version of iTunes. If you are using Mac, you can update iTunes in App store.
4. Fix iTunes Error 27 with Third-party Tool
If the error message still persists, the reason could be the iOS. In other words, iOS issue might trigger this iTunes error. This can be fixed by a third-party tool. iMyFone iOS System Recovery is the most recommended tool in this case. It is the best system recovery tool that is able to recover various kinds of system issues. This program is highly recommended by millions of users.
iMyFone iOS System Recovery (iOS 11.2 Supported)
- The program is able to fix different iOS issues without any data loss., such as device stuck on Apple logo, restarting loop, recovery mode, some other iTunes errors, and so on.
- It offers three different modes for system recovery in different problems. The modes are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode".
- All iOS versions including iOS 11.2 and all iOS devices including iPhone 8/X are supported.
- This program is the most secure program to use.
How to Use iMyFone iOS System Recovery to Fix iPhone Restore Error 27
Step 1 – First of all, launch the program in your PC after downloading it. You will see those three modes mentioned above. Select "Standard Mode" from those. Make sure to connect your iPhone with the PC before selecting one mode.
Step 2 – Now, click on "Start" from the main interface and put your device into the DFU mode to let it detected by the program easily.
Step 3 – Once detected, you need to click on "Download" button in order to get the latest firmware for your device. The program is capable enough to download the suitable firmware for the device.
Step 4 – Now, fix the iOS issue that is bothering you by hitting on "Start to Fix" button. Wait for the completion of the process and restart your device.
5. Selectively Restore iPhone from Backup
If you wish to restore your device from backup you have made, we would like to introduce iMyFone D-Port Pro to you. It is a powerful 'backup and restore' tool and a trusted one. There are many good features that this program possesses. iMyFone D-Port Pro shows a great compatibility with iOS 11 and the latest models i.e. iPhone 8/8 Plus and iPhone X.
- It is able to restore iTunes/iCloud backup selectively.
- You can restore either full backup or just messages, WhatsApp or WeChat without overwriting the existing data on your iPhone.
- It can also backup your iPhone selectively. You are allowed to backup a app onetime, for example, WhatsApp, WeChat, messages.
- It is an data extraction tool. You can export data from iOS devices and different backups.
6. DFU Restore with iTunes- Completely Erase iPhone
You can also restore your device after putting it into the DFU mode when you got an iPhone restore error 27. Please note that this method will absolutely wipe off your data. Here are the steps.
- Initially, put the device into DFU mode by holding down Power button.
- After nearly 3 seconds of holding it, press Home button too and keep holding both for 15 seconds.
- Release only Power button now and your iPhone will ask you to connect with the iTunes.
- Connect iPhone to PC now and open iTunes.
- Click the "Summary" tab and then click "Restore iPhone...".
- The iPhone will restart and a "Slide to set up" option will come. Follow the prompts and setup the device again.
There are many errors that come along while you try to restore or update your iOS device with the help of iTunes. Now, you all are familiar with the points to do when you get iPhone restore error 27. Try those and get your problem fixed. Hope you are now free from iTunes error 27. We thank all the readers for reading. Comment us if you liked this post.