You need your Apple ID and password for a lot of functions. You will need it if you want to sign in to iCloud on a new device, download content from iTunes or the app store and lots of other Apple-related actions. Therefore, if you forgot Apple ID password, you can find yourself locked out of so many things, not to mention the inconveniences it may cause.
But worry not! You can easily change or reset Apple ID. In fact, you can even recover your Apple ID if you forgot that too. Here's how.
- Solution 1: Forgot Your Apple ID Password? Unlock It without Password via iMyFone LockWiper
- Solution 2: Retrieve Your Forgotten Apple ID Password with Email Address or Security Questions
- Solution 3: Reset Apple ID Password If You Enabled Two-Factor Authentication
- Bonus Tip: How to Find Back Apple ID If Forgotten
1 Forgot Your Apple ID Password? Unlock It without Password via iMyFone LockWiper
As dreadful as forgetting your Apple ID password may sound, it is a problem that can be easily overcome. iMyFone LockWiper boasts a highly user-friendly interface with which you can unlock your iPhone/iPad or access your Apple ID devoid of password. This means you will be able to remove previous iCloud account on your iPhone, disable Find My iPhone, as well as sign in with a new Apple ID or create a new account by using this amazing tool.
Key Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Unlock Apple ID for any iDevices without password irrespective of forgetting or mixing up the password.
- Allow you to switch to a new Apple ID or create a new account on your iDevice after removing the old one.
- If you have gotten a second-hand device, the device can't be tracked by the previous Apple ID after removal.
- Enable you to enjoy all Apple ID features and iCloud service after removing previous Apple ID.
Check out the easy steps to unlock Apple ID without password using LockWiper:
Step 1: Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your Mac or PC and choose “Unlock apple ID” mode.
Step 2: Next, unlock your iPhone by entering screen passcode and trust the computer.
Step 3: Then click “Start to unlock” to initiate unlock process.
If "Find My iPhone" is turned off, the program will immediately unlock Apple ID on the device.
If Find My iPhone is enabled, go to “Settings” > “Reset All Settings” to reset all settings.
Once you’ve altered the settings, LockWiper begins unlocking your device and removing the Apple ID.
2 Retrieve Your Forgotten Apple ID Password with Email Address or Security Questions
Step 1: From any browser go to iforgot.Apple.com.
Step 2: Enter your Apple ID. This is usually the email address that is associated with your Apple or iCloud account.
Step 3: Once you have entered the CAPTCHA characters, click "Continue".
Step 4: Choose "I need to Reset my Password" and click "Continue."
Step 5: Select "Get an Email." Apple will send instructions to the email address you provide. You can also alternatively choose to "Answer Security Questions" and answer the questions you filled out when you first set up. Make your choice and click "Continue."
Step 6: Open the email you receive from Apple. The subject should read: "How to reset your Apple ID password."
Step 7: Click on "Reset Now" within the email and you will be redirected back to the website. Here, enter a new password. Enter the new password again and then click "Reset Password."
3 Reset Apple ID Passcode If You Enabled Two-Factor Authentication
If you have enables two-factor authentication, follow these simple steps to change Apple ID.
Step 1: Go to iforgot.apple.com on any browser on any device. Sign in Apple ID and once you enter the CAPTCHA characters, click "Continue."
Step 2: Enter the phone number of a trusted device and click "Continue."
Step 3: Choose "Use Trusted Phone Number" or you can also choose "Reset from another device" to use a different device. Click "Continue" once you've made your choice. Then click on "Start Account Recovery."
Bonus Tip: How to Find Back Apple ID If Forgotten
You can recover your Apple account easily if you know your Apple ID. But what if you forgot your Apple ID? You can recover it in these simple steps.
- On any browser go to iforgot.apple.com. Then click on "Forgot Apple ID".
- Then Enter your first name, last name and Email address. Type in the CAPTCHA and click "Continue." Apple will use the information provided to find your Apple ID. Once the ID has been found, click "Go to Your Account" to continue.
If you have issues signing in with your Apple ID password, after reading this post, you now know what to do. Of all the solutions metioned above, iMyFone LockWiper should be your first choice when you run into this situation. As this program can fix your issue in a few minutes without special tech skills required. On the other hand, it can help bypassing your screen locke if your forgot passcode.