Updating your iPad to iOS 12 feels great as it provides you with access to new features. However, the update comes with many issues like causing the floating problems of iPad Dock. If this happens to you, do not worry. This article will provide you with an ultimate guide on how to fix this issue.
- Why iPad Dock Is in Wrong Place?
- Way 1. The Workaround for Urgent – Restart the iPad
- Way 2. Change the Screen Orientation
- Way 3. Turn Zoom Off on your iPad
- Way 4. Turn Off Multitasking Settings on iPad
- Way 5. Fix iPad Dock Off Center by Repairing iOS
- Way 6. Reset All Settings on iPad
- Way 7. Restore your iPad to Factory Settings
Why iPad Dock Is in Wrong Place?
There are many reasons that would cause your iPad Dock off center. However, most iPad users claim that the issue is caused by viewing full screen ads in games like The Walking Dead: No Man's Land. Playing portrait and landscape videos brings about resolution changes, making the Dock floating. Therefore, if you alter the screen resolution or any display settings on your iPad, this issue could occur. Besides, this problem might come after updating your iPad to iOS 12 due to the changes brought by new features. Read on to see how you can solve it.
Way 1. The Workaround for Urgent – Restart the iPad
Doing a simple restart could help solve the iPad Dock moving to wrong place problem you are facing. Follow these simple steps to restart your iPad:
- Press and hold the Power button until the Slider appears.
- Swipe the Slider to turn off your iPad.
- Press the Power button to turn on your device again.
Way 2. Change the Screen Orientation
There are two types of screen orientations – Landscape and Portrait. Changing the orientation to either portrait or landscape can assist to fix iPad Dock off center. Therefore, if your iPad is already in portrait mode, trying switching to landscape mode and see whether the problem persists.
You can change your iPad's screen orientation by following these steps:
- Go to Control Center.
- Select the Portrait Orientation icon to switch between portrait and landscape. If the icon is highlighted in red that means your iPad is using the portrait orientation. Just tap on it to change it back to landscape.
Way 3. Turn Zoom Off on your iPad
Another way to fix the floating iPad Dock is to turn off Zoom. If you are using this feature, it could be the reason why you keep the Dock in right place.
To see whether Zoom feature is on, Go to Settings > General > Accessibility, and then Zoom. Disable if you have enabled it. Additionally, change the Zoom Region from Full-Screen Zoom to Window Zoom to fix the problem.
Way 4. Turn Off Multitasking Settings on iPad
If you are still not able to fix the problem even after trying the aforementioned methods, you should consider turning off Multitasking Settings. To do this, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings > General and then Multitasking & Dock.
- Toggle off all features like Persistent Video Overlay.
- Return to the Home screen and the Dock should have kept in right place.
Way 5. Fix iPad Dock Off Center by Repairing iOS
If the aforementioned methods fail to help you fix the iPad Dock floating issue, it could mean that iOS bugs caused the problem. The best way to go about this is to repair your iPad's operating system. For the best results, consider using iMyFone iOS System Recovery. iMyFone is program that can be used to solve many iOS issues such as black screen, white screen, and of course iPad Dock in wrong place. iMyFone has these features:
- It is fully compatible with all iOS devices and versions, including iPhone X and iOS 12.
- It can fix your iPad without the current data on your iPad.
- It has three modes – Standard Mode, One-Click to Exit Recovery Mode, and Advanced Mode which can solve problems with different severity.
- User-friendly interface and highly secure.
How to Fix iPad Dock Off Center by iMyFone iOS System Recovery
As earlier stated, the best way to fix iPad Dock off center is to use the iMyFone iOS System Recovery software. This is how to go about this:
- Launch iMyFone iOS System Recovery on your computer, connect your iPad, and then choose Standard Mode.
- Enter Recovery or DFU Mode so that the program can detect your iPad. To put the iPad in DFU Mode, just press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home Button for 8-10 seconds. Then Let go the Sleep/Wake button but continue to hold the Home button for about 5 seconds.
To put your iPad in Recovery Mode, press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Connect to iTunes icon.
- Once your iPad is in DFU or Recovery Mode, click Download to install new firmware.
- After this, click on ‘Start to Fix' and iMyFone will start fixing your iPad automatically.
Once the process is complete and you have restarted your device, the iPad Dock should work effectively.
iMyFone also gives you a chance to update your iPad to the latest iOS version if you are using an outdated operating system. Using this tool for this purpose is faster and safer compared to other updating methods.
Way 6. Reset All Settings on iPad
Follow these simple steps to reset all the settings on your iPad and it might fix the iPad Dock issue:
- Go to Settings > General on your iPad.
- Scroll down until you see Reset.
- Tap on Reset and then, Reset All Settings.
Way 7. Restore your iPad to Factory Settings
If all the aforementioned methods fail to work, restoring your iPad to Factory Settings can help solve the problem. Before trying this technique, you should understand that restoring your device to Factory Settings causes loss of data. Therefore, consider backing up all your important data on iPad beforehand.
You can restore your iPad by following these steps:
- Go to Settings and tap on General.
- Scroll down to Reset and click it.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
This will successfully restore your device to Factory Settings and your iPad Dock should work after this.
Updating your iPad to iOS 12 can cause the iPad Dock off center. This can be frustrating especially when you are used to using this feature to access your applications. If this happens to you, try the stated methods and they should help fix your problem. Remember that iMyFone iOS System Recovery will help you keep the Dock in right place without causing any data loss. Download and try it NOW!