Having your iPhone camera settings get reset can be annoying as resetting the settings every time you want to take a picture takes time and becomes bothersome. But not to worry, this article provides you with multiple methods you can take to ensure this issue doesn't happen again, even you use iOS 12 on your device.
- 1. Mare Sure that You Have Preserved Camera Settings
- 2. Force Restart the Camera App
- 3. Force Restart Your iPhone
- 4. Turn Off Restrictions on Camera
- 5. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- 6. Update iPhone If New iOS Version is Available
- 7. Fix iPhone Camera Issues by iOS Repair Tool
- 8. Factory Reset Your iPhone
1. Mare Sure that You Have Preserved Camera Settings
Before you try other troubleshooting methods, you should check and make sure that you have preserved camera settings so that you don't have to enable them every time you go to take a picture. To do this will take no time at all:
- Open the Settings, go to Camera > Preserve Settings.
- Turn on the feature you want to preserve, including settings about Camera Mode, Filter and Live Photo.
- The 'Camera Mode' will keep the Camera app preserve the last mode; the 'Filter' works by retaining the live filter you have applied in the Camera and saves it to be used when next you open the app.
2. Force Restart the Camera App
If you are pretty sure that you have preserved the camera setting you prefer but the phone still keeps resetting, closing and reopening the Camera app is sometimes enough to fix the problem.
- From the Home screen, swipe upward from the bottom of the screen (iPhone X). Or double click the Home button if you use an iPhone 8 and earlier.
- Swipe the Camera app upward to close it.
- Open the app again to check if the problem has been fixed.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone
Another common way to fix camera settings problem on iPhone is by force starting your iPhone. To do this;
- iPhone X/8: quickly press and release the volume up and download buttons then press the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 7: Hold the volume download and Power button for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 6s and earlier models: Hold the Home and Power button for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
4. Turn Off Restrictions on Camera
If your iPhone doesn't allow permission to certain settings or applications, then the camera settings won't stay. To turn off restrictions on Camera will work for the issue. Follow the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General and then Restrictions.
- You can turn off the Restrictions completely or enable Restrictions but toggle off Camera.
5. Reset All Settings on iPhone
To reset all settings is another common fix for easy bugs on iPhone. It will reset all settings to factory settings but won't cause any data loss. To do this;
- Open Settings and go to General.
- Click on Reset and then click on Reset All Settings.
- You'll be asked to enter your passcode.
And that's it. You will not lose any files, apps or data.
6. Update iPhone If New iOS Version Is Available
Another remedy is to update your iOS to the latest version (iOS 12 it is now). Apple might solve issues in new update and in order to update to new iOS, please follow the steps;
- Plug your iPhone which cannot preserve settings into power and connect to the internet.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Click on Download and Install and your iPhone will be updated to the latest iOS version.
7. Fix iPhone Camera Issues by iOS Repair Tool
If updating your iPhone to the latest iOS version cannot solve the issue and your iPhone just keeps resetting, you can ask help to a 3rd-party tool to fix iPhone camera issues. One such tool to recommend is iMyFone iOS System Recovery Software. Highly praised for its efficiency, security, and expertise, the program is capable of fixing iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode, iPhone cannot boot and many other issues. You don't need to worry about intrusion into your privacy nor do you need any technical knowledge.
Steps to Fix iPhone Camera Settings Issues without Data Loss
You can easily fix the iOS issue on your device with just a few clicks. Just follow the steps offered below:
- Step 1. Launch the program after installing it. You will see that it offered 3 modes. Choose Standard Mode which will fix iPhone issues without data loss. The program will prompt you to enter DFU or Recovery Mode to begin the repair process.
- Step 2. You can set your iPhone into Recovery Mode: press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Keep holding the buttons even after you see the Apple Logo and keep holding until you see the "Connect to iTunes" icon on your device.
You can also set your iPhone into DFU mode by following the instructions on the program.
- Step 3. Once your device is in Recovery Mode, the next step is to download new firmware for your device. The program will detect the device automatically and download the latest version of iOS for that device.
- Step 4. Once the firmware has been downloaded, click "Start to Fix" and the program will begin to fix the device automatically.
8. Factory Reset Your iPhone
If the following methods fail to fix your iPhone and you want to erase your device completely to solve the issue, then there are a few steps to take.
- First of all make sure you have a backup ready. You can use either iCloud, iTunes or iMyFone to back up your iOS device.
- Then go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now and all the data and settings will be wiped from your iPhone.
- If you wanna get your data back, click the article to learn how to restore data from an old backup.
Now as you see, there are sure-fire ways to ensure that your camera settings should be saved to your preferences. Don't forget that iMyFone iOS System Recovery will help you fix not only Camera issues, but other iOS issues you meet after update iPhone to iOS 12. Be sure to try it now!