Hi, I am stuck with no service in my iPhone 6s. It is now running iOS 11. I wanted to know the reason and the fix if possible. I’m not able to do anything like calling or messaging. Please help me repairing this no service problem on iPhone. Thanks!
This can be annoying when your iPhone says no service and won’t let you do even basic things such as texting, making or receiving calls or using cellular data. There are lots of reasons when this problem occurs such as improper placement, hardware problem, software error or sometimes updating to the new iOS (iOS 11). If you have also encountered one such problem that your iPhone says no service, this article is helpful to you with some tips you can apply before you check with Apple store. Let’s move on to the easy solutions.
7 Tips to Fix iPhone Says No Service after Updating to iOS 11
1. Make Sure Your SIM Card & Card Slot Are Fine
No need to get worried when the problem can easily be fixed by some sort of examination of your iPhone. These are the three things you need to do firstly to fix no service on iPhone.
- First of all, remove your SIM card and check the iPhone with another one. If another SIM card is working on your device, the problem might be with your SIM card. Therefore, contact with your carrier and ask them for SIM replacement.
- Secondly, try checking your SIM card in another iPhone or other device. When the SIM card is successful in finding signal in another device, then maybe there are some problem with the hardware or software of your device.
- Lastly, please make sure that the SIM slot is not loose. Check the SIM card slot and if it is loose, the no service issue will surely be the result of this.
2. Hard Reset iPhone
We have given hard reseting as one of the solutions in different articles with different problems. This is one of the basic troubleshooting steps that can help you out getting rid of the problem. To perform this, you have to press and hold the "Home" ( "Volume Down" button on iPhone 7 and later version) and "Sleep/Wake" buttons at the same time. Hold the buttons this way until the Apple logo emerges. Release the buttons once the logo comes and check if the problem continues. If yes, move further to the next fix.
3. Turn On and Turn Off Airplane Mode
Another helpful way is enabling and disabling the Airplane mode to fix no service on iPhone. Simply go to "Settings" > "General" > "Airplane Mode". Toggle it on and after a few seconds, turn it off.
Alternatively, move to control center by swiping up from the bottom of screen. Turn on Airplane mode by taping on its icon. And disable it after a few seconds.
4. Reset Network Settings
Another effective fix to perform when iPhone says no service is resetting network settings. This will assist in solving Wi-Fi or network issues. Also, this method will result in deleting all your saved Wi-Fi networks. So, after performing this, you will need to re-enter the information. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings" > Type in your passcode and tap on "Reset Network Settings" again.
5. Reset All Settings
You can try this method when unfortunately the above solutions didn’t favor you. For this just move to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings" > Enter the passcode if asked the hit "Reset All Settings" to confirm. Probably the no service on iPhone will be vanished by this method.
6. Fix iPhone Says No Service without Data Loss
The problem isn’t fixed yet? Maybe software malfunction is triggering the issue. In this case, iMyFone iOS System Recovery will give you a hand. Also, if you don’t want to lose your data at all, this method is going to really help you. iMyFone iOS System Recovery can be said as one of the most powerful recovery tools which owns the ability to fix numerous iOS problems. This tool is being recommended by many big media sites since long time.
iMyFone iOS System Recovery (iOS 11 Supported)
- This is an easy to use and secure tool.
- It is packed with three different modes that work for different iOS problems. The modes are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode". The "Standard Mode" will not cause any data loss on your device.
- All the major or minor iOS issues can easily be fixed by this tool such as iPhone stuck with recovery mode or freezing problem. You can exit the recovery mode with one click using the mode "Exit Recovery Mode" .
How to Fix No Service on iPhone Using iMyFone iOS System Recovery
Step 1 – Run iMyFone iOS System Recovery in the PC and connect the iOS device with your computer. There will be 3 modes present on the main interface. Select "Standard Mode" and move to the next step.
Step 2 – There will be instructions on the next screen to put your iOS device into DFU Mode. Just go along them to make the program recognize your device.
If it doesn't work, try to set your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 3 – Now that the program has been recognized your iPhone, it will help you downloading the newest firmware for your iPhone. Hit on "Download" button and the program will do the rest.
Step 4 – At last, finish the repairing process by hitting on "Start to Fix" option. Your problem will be fixed within a minute.
7. Backup Your iPhone & Restore with iTunes
If iPhone says no service, the problem can also be repaired by restoring your device with iTunes. However, it should be taken into consideration that this method will delete all your data from your iPhone, since it will take your device to the factory state, so backing up the device is recommended. Also, please note that if you want to restore the iPhone backup, it is the possibility that the problem can return after restoring. Here are the steps to restore iPhone with iTunes.
- Get the latest iTunes version and open it on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone with the computer via USB cable.
- On the main screen, go to the device icon on the top and click on it.
- Now, go to "Restore iPhone" button and hit it. Once again click on "Restore" to confirm the action.
We can imagine how you will feel when you are restricted to operate your device because of no service on iPhone . The situation can be frustrating especially when you are in need of an urgent call or when you are outside. We provided some fruitful steps to perform when your iPhone says no service. At the end, we fully hope that now you are prepared to fix the no service issue yourself. Feel free to comment below if you have any more question.