Everytime Apple releases a new version of iOS, many iPhone users will start to install the latest version. Now, iOS 12 beta is available. There are also some users who are interested to explore the new features of iOS 12. However, some users are experiencing some sort of glitches during or after the update installation. They have been stuck in recovery mode when they are trying to update to iOS 12. Are you also undergoing with the identical circumstance? Don't panic! We have gathered some useful tips for you that would be of assistance. Hence, without more delay, start performing them if your iPhone won't come out of recovery mode after iOS 12 update.
4 Tips to Fix iPhone Won't Come Out of Recovery Mode after iOS 12 Update
1. Update iTunes to the Latest Version
Since iTunes plays a major role in updating your device to the latest iOS. If the iTunes itself is not updated, this can be a big reason behind the issue and that is why your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode after iOS 12 update. Therefore, follow the steps below and get your iTunes updates if any new updates are available.
- Open your Mac and launch App Store in it.
- You will notice 'Updates' option on the top.
- It will show you if any updates are available. Follow the prompts and update your iTunes.
- Launch iTunes and look for 'Help' button in menu bar.
- Click on 'Check for Updates' and follow the instructions to get the latest iTunes.
After updating iTunes, try to get iOS 12 and check if you're successful or not. Unfortunately, if still your iPhone won't come out of recovery mode after iOS 12 update, check out the next tip.
2. Force Restart iPhone
Forcing restart is one of the most practical workarounds out there. It has always helped users not just when iPhone won't come out of recovery mode, but in most other iOS cases too. You can follow the steps stated below.
- Get your iPhone 6 or earlier models and hold down the 'Home' and 'Power' buttons altogether. When having iPhone 7/7 Plus, hold down 'Volume Down' and 'Power' buttons. You need to release the keys when you find Apple logo on your screen.
- To force restart iPhone 8/8 Plus and X, quickly press and release 'Volume Up' button followed by 'Volume Down' button. Now push the 'Power' button and don't release it until Apple logo comes into sight.
3. Get iPhone Out of Recovery Mode without Data Loss
Here is another method to try when iPhone doesn't come out of recovery mode after iOS 12 update. We usually care most about the data on iPhone, so it is better to try a method that will get your iPhone out of recovery mode without affecting the data on our device. In this case, you can try iMyFone iOS System Recovery since this is a professional tool that can refreshing your iOS without data loss especially when the new iOS firmware is not installed properly. It should be noted that a large number of iOS issues can be simply fixed with this tool's three different amazing modes, including iPhone boot loop, iPhone white/black screen, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, iPhone stuck on spinning wheel, and so on. Here is how to use iMyFone iOS System Recovery when iPhone won't come out of recovery mode after iOS 12 update.
How to Use iMyFone iOS System Recovery to Fix the Problem
Step 1 – Launch the software and plug your device to the PC. Choose 'Standard Mode' from the main screen.
Step 2 – Hit on the 'Start' button and take your iPhone in DFU mode. For DFU mode steps, check out your screen which is providing the instructions.
Step 3 – When your device will be in the DFU mode, the software will recognize it easily giving you the appropriate firmware for the device. You need to click on 'Download' for this and iMyFone will itself download the firmware.
Step 4 – Now, at the end, click on the 'Start to Fix' option and as the button's name says, it will begin to fix your device and your iPhone will go out of recovery mode.
4. Try DFU Restore using iTunes (Data Loss)
If still iPhone won't come out of recovery mode, the last tip we would like to recommend you is DFU restore via iTunes. Here are the steps for this.
- Open the latest iTunes in your computer and connect your iOS device to the PC.
- Now, take your device in DFU mode following the steps as per your device model. Check detailed guide here.
- When iPhone is in DFU mode, you will see black screen on your device and iTunes will inform you that your device's been detected successfully.
- Hit on 'Continue' now followed by 'Restore'. You are done now.