When your iPhone won't reset even after pressing the necessary buttons, it might be difficult to fix some issues with the device that requires a reset. In this article, we are going to be looking at some of the reasons why your device won't reset and what you can do about it.
Why Won't My iPhone Do a Reset?
There are several reasons why the iPhone won't do a hard or a soft reset. You may be unable to do a soft reset on the iPhone due to many reasons.
- The buttons required to do a soft reset such as the power or home button may be damaged.
- Your device may be experiencing a software issue that could be preventing the device from resetting.
You may also be unable to do a hard reset because of the following reasons:
- You don't know the device's passcode. This can happen if you purchase an iPhone from someone else without asking their passcode.
- You may also be unable to perform a hard reset if you don't have the iCloud password and Find my iPhone is enabled on.
- It may also be very difficult to reset the iPhone when you can't connect the iPhone to a Wi-Fi network or you are unable to connect the iPhone to iTunes using USB cables.
- When iTunes fails to recognize the device for one reason or another, you may not be able to reset it.
- An error in the iOS system could be preventing you from resetting the iPhone.
Part 1. The All-in-One Way to Fix iPhone Won't Hard/Soft Reset Issue
If you are unable to reset your device due to one of the reasons detailed above, you may have been told that the only way to fix the device is to perform a factory reset. The problem with this method is that it will result in total data loss.
Luckily, there is another way to reset your iPhone without losing the data on your device. This should be done with iMyFone Fixppo - an iOS system repair tool that you can use to reset the iPhone. Some of the features that make this tool the ideal solution include the following:
- It fixes all issues associated with the iOS system with a 100% success rate.
- It is very easy to use, allowing you to repair the iOS system in just 3 simple steps.
- It uses two different modes to help you fix the device. The standard mode is ideal for common problems and can fix the device without data loss while the advanced mode is more suitable for stubborn issues.
- It supports all iPhone models and all versions of iOS, including the latest iPhone 11 and iOS 13.
- It has been trusted and recommended by a lot of professional media sites.
To use iMyFone Fixppo to reset a device that won't reset, you need to download and install this program on to your computer and then follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Launch Fixppo and then click on "Standard Mode". Connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables. Unlock the iPhone if you are running iOS 12/13. Follow the on-screen instructions to put the device in DFU/recovery mode.
Step 2: Once the device is in DFU/recovery mode, Fixppo will detect the device model and present several firmware options. Choose your preferred one and then click on "Download".
Step 3: When the firmware has been downloaded, click on "Start" and the program will begin repairing the device. When the repair process is complete, the device will restart in normal mode.
Fixppo is invaluable in helping you reset an iPhone when you can't do it through normal ways. But it will also help fix many other iPhone system errors. Download and try the free trial version now.
Part 2. 2 Possible Ways to Fix iPhone Won't Soft Reset Issue
There are several other ways you can fix an iPhone that won't soft reset. Two of the most common ones are listed below.
2.1 Hard Reset Your iPhone to Fix iPhone Won't Soft Reset via Settings
If your iPhone won't soft reset, you have the option to hard reset the device. Here's how to do it using the setting on your device. It is important to note that you will lose all the data on the device after this process.
Step 1: Open Settings on your device and then tap on "General".
Step 2: Tap on "Reset" at the bottom of the page and then select "Erase all Contents and Settings".
Step 3: Enter your passcode and tap "Erase iPhone" to complete the process.
Step 4: You can now set up the device as new using iCloud or iTunes.
2.2 Restore iPhone to Factory Settings via iTunes to Fix iPhone Won't soft Reset
You may also be able to hard reset the iPhone by restoring the device in iTunes. Follow these simple steps to do it:
Step 1: Connect the iPhone to your computer using USB cables and then open iTunes. At this point, you may also want to make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes to prevent any problems. If you are not, take a moment to update iTunes.
Step 2: Once iTunes detects the iPhone, click on the iPhone icon.
Step 3: Under the "Summary" tab, click on "Restore iPhone". You may be prompted to create a backup of all the data on the iPhone first. If you don't have a recent backup of your data, this could be a good idea.
Step 4: Otherwise, click "Restore" and iTunes will begin restoring the iPhone to its factory settings. When the process is complete, set up the iPhone as new.
When you can't reset your iPhone, you may be unable to refresh the device or fix the issues on it. You can use one of the solutions above to reset your iPhone. Choose a solution you trust, implement it as described above and then let us know if you are able to repair the device. You can share your thoughts in the comments section below.