“Is messages app freezing for anyone? Certain contacts when I try to text or iMessage someone the whole chat and messages freezes and crashes but for some texts it's working fine”
Sometimes, it may so happen that all of a sudden the messages app on your iPhone X or iPhone 8 may freeze. This is definitely a troubling situation and something that you need to avoid. If you are frustrated with it and would like the solution that can fix the problems, here is what you can do about it. Make sure to carefully check our methods because it can help you fix your phone in the right way.
Tip 1: Delete useless messages to free up space
Too often we forget to delete the messages that are stored on your iPhone. So, try to free up space by deleting heavy texts and saved messages.
Tip 2: Restart your iPhone
Sometimes, all your phone really needs to stop acting up is to restart it. When you reset the device, it can kill the apps running in the background and even free up some memory.
In order to restart you iPhone, all you need to do is to press and hold the sleep/wake button and then drag the slider to turn the phone off.
Now, press and hold the sleep/wake button again to turn it on.
Tip 3: Disable unwanted apps
Yet another method that you can use is to get rid of apps that you do not really use. In order to delta the apps, you need to tap and hold the app icon until it starts to wiggle. Now, tap on the X which pops up at the upper right corner and this will delete the app.
Tip 4: Force quit the message app
Sometimes you need to force quit the SMS app to ensure that you can get rid of the problem. Do it by heading to the recent apps bar. You need to tap on the home button twice and then look for the messaging app. Swipe it up and it will be closed.
Now, head back to the home screen and re-launch the app.
Tip 5: Using a reliable tool to fix these issues without data loss
Sometimes when none of these methods work, you will need to look for a smarter and better alternative. The right solution is to opt for iMyFone iOS System Recovery. This is an excellent tool which comes packed with the right features. Let us take glance at what they are.
- Fixes plenty of iOS problems like device stuck at Apple logo, the screen of white death, phone stuck in recovery mode and so on.
- It repairs the phone without incurring any data loss when you use the standard mode.
- With the 3 fix modes available (Standard mode, Exit recovery mode, Advanced mode), you can fix your iOS System with higher success rate.
Let us now see how you can fix the problem of freezing of messages using the standard mode.
- Download iMyFone iOS system recovery on the system and launch it.
- Connect your device to the same computer and then select the standard mode.
- The program will prompt you to enter the DFU or the recovery mode to initiate the repairing process.
- In order to put the device to DFU mode, you need to press and hold the sleep/wake button along with the home button for nearly 10 seconds. Now, let go of the sleep/wake button but hold the home button for nearly 5 seconds more.
- If it failed to put your iPhone into DFU mode, try to enter the Recovery mode. In order to push the device to the recovery mode, press and hold the sleep/wake and the home buttons together. Hold the button even when you see the Apple logo. You need to hold the buttons until you see ‘Connect to iTunes’ displayed on the device.
- Now, when the device has entered either of the modes, the next step is to download the new firmware for the device. The program is going to do it automatically and all you need to do is click on ‘Download’ to install the firmware.
- When the firmware has been downloaded, click on ‘Start to fix’ and the program will fix all the devices automatically.
When it is done, check if the problem has been fixed.
Tip 6: Free up your iPhone space
Ideally, your phone needs a minimum of 250 MB of free space in order to function properly. So, you should minimize the number of downloads and keep on deleting unwanted apps and songs from the device. This way you can let your phone work properly.
Tip 7: Update iOS version
Sometimes, all you need to do to fix this trouble is to update the iOS. In order to do so, you need to head to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘General’. There you will find software update and there you can tap on ‘Download’ and install it.
So, make it a point to use these steps and we are hopeful that at least one of them will definitely fix it. Ideally, it is iMyFone iOS system recovery which is the apt tool as it doesn’t leads to any kind of data loss at all.