There are many people like this iPhone users who are suffering from this issue. We don't know whether you have gone to Apple Store or not. If you have not, you can try the following fixes prior taking decision to go to the Apple store. We hope these tips will sort out the problem and you won't be having a need to run anywhere. Please go along with the solutions one by one.
6 Tips to Fix Photos App Not Syncing in iOS 11/iOS 12
1. Update iTunes to the Latest Version
When your Photos app on iPhone are not syncing and you are using an outdated version of iTunes, it's high time you should get the newest version in your PC. And not just for this issue, it is always recommended to have iTunes updated for making any syncing/restoring/updating process smooth. Here is how you can make iTunes up to date.
- Launch iTunes and look for 'iTunes' option in the menu bar.
- The new menu will appear from where you need to click on 'Check for Updates'.
- The screen will show you if there is an update available. If it's available, simply click on 'Install' to get the latest version.
- Open iTunes and choose the 'Help' option.
- Select 'Check for Updates' and you will get to know if any update is present.
- Click on 'Install' to get the process completed.
2. Completely Uninstall iTunes & Then Reinstall iTunes
A lot of times, you need to uninstall your iTunes completely and then reinstall it in order to get out of the syncing issues. So, if after installing iOS 11, if your Photos app is not syncing, try this tip and remove the issue. Go along the steps below to get this process finished.
- Start with deleting the components in the following sequence in the 'Control Panel'.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32-bit
- Apple Application Support 64-bit
- Many times, iTunes offers two versions and installs both. So make sure if you have both. If that is the case, you need to uninstall both.
- When finished with uninstalling process, proceed to restart your PC and install iTunes again on it. This will probably discontinue the photo app syncing issue.
3. Force Restart iPhone/iPad
The next tip you can try when Photos app is not syncing on iPhone/iPad is forcing restart your respective device. Following are the steps for the method.
- For iPhone 6/6 Plus, below models and iPad users: Press and hold 'Sleep/Wake' button with 'Home' button for 10 seconds. Release when the screen shows Apple logo.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus users: Press 'Sleep/Wake' button and 'Volume Down' button altogether. Keep doing this until Apple logo becomes visible.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus/X: Quickly press and release 'Volume Up' key. Now, do the same with 'Volume Down' key. Now, keep pressing the 'Sleep/Wake' button till you find Apple logo coming on your screen.
4. Reset All Settings
If you don't find the above tip useful, you can try this method also. Follow the steps below and get rid of this Photos app not syncing issue.
- Tap 'Settings' in your iPhone and go to 'General' option.
- Hit on 'Reset' followed by 'Reset All Settings'.
- Confirm the action by entering the passcode and tap 'Reset All Settings' again.
5. Fix iOS Bug without Data Loss
If still iOS 11 is giving you trouble and you are unable to sync Photos app in your iPhone, then there must be some iOS problem in your device which is why we would like to introduce you iMyFone D-Back. It is a third-party tool with exceptional features. One of the features is 'Fix iOS System' which is capable of fixing various iOS problems ensuring no data loss. The tool also works for the recovery of iOS data which is accidentally lost.
iMyFone D-Back iOS Repair Tool (iOS 12 Supported)
- You can use the program to fix various iOS related problems, such WiFi not working, bluetooth not working, touch ID not working, stuck on Recovery mode/DFU mode/black screen/white screen, and so on.
- You can take advantage of three different modes that 'Fix iOS System' offers. It is extremely straightforward to use and keeps the data unaffected using Standard Mode.
- iMyFone D-Back, recognized by Macworld and Makeuseof, has the capability to recover over 20 types of data without any complication. You can check more details by clicking here.
How to Use iMyFone D-Back
Step 1 – Download the correct version of iMyFone D-Back and install it. Open it afterwards and click on 'Fix iOS System'. Plug your iPhone to the PC via USB cable
Step 2 – Choose 'Standard Mode' from the options. This will give you the steps to put your device into the DFU mode. Follow them and proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Now, it's time to download the matching firmware for your device. You don't need to put any extra efforts rather than clicking on the 'Download' button. The program will itself download the latest firmware for your device by its capability to sense the device and its model.
Last of all, you need to click on 'Start to Fix' option to start fixing your issue. It will take a few minutes to solve the issue.
6. Restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes
Here is the last option which you can try when your Photos app on iPhone is not syncing in iOS 11. When you restore your device with iTunes, all your data will be deleted from the device. Therefore, it is recommended to keep backup of your data before trying this method. The steps are:
- Launch iTunes in your PC and connect the iOS device using a USB cable.
- On the main interface of iTunes, click on the device icon which is located at the top left corner.
- Click on 'Summary' option and under the 'Summary' panel, you will find 'Restore iPhone' option.
- Click on it and again hit on 'Restore' to confirm.